• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DebussyMan Showcase

Started by DebussyMan, January 31, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebussyMan

Well, you've got it. It is Notre-dame de Paris.

I'm still working on it, and will probably take some time. Meanwhile, here's a gothic revival mansion based on Lyndhurst. Lot will be in the hands of Barby.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

HabLeUrG

wow thats a really beautiful mansion, excellent work  :thumbsup: &apls

Strechnitz

Bravo!

A wonderfull piece Debussyman! &apls &apls

Happily enough it is just what I need for one of my next updates. not that tha's relevant, Not that that's important, but it stil is a fortunate coincidence. ;D

I look forward to it.

Strech.

Schulmanator

You have another winner here! I am ready to crown you as BAT King!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Vario80

Great work on the mansion, it has a nice gothic-medieval atmosphere.  &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

kimcar

&apls &apls Bravo Brillant idea and very well done. Another masterpiece :thumbsup:

bat

that churche is looking awesome!! :thumbsup: &apls

jmyers2043

Nice building. A lot of towers, windows of different shapes and sizes, all make this building very interesting to look at. I like the stone texture and especially like the ivy wall on that one tower. In fact, probably one of the best ivy covered walls I've seen.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Berethor

Beautiful mansion and very real as always, debussy.
And amazing beginning for the catedral of Notre dame

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Une_ame

Bravo Debussyman &apls, &hlp, :D, ;D, ()stsfd(), ::), $%Grinno$%, :P, :thumbsup:, :), :o, here a nice diploma for you "$Deal"$. That's it for the icons.

BTW, a little change in the first portal on the right is needed. This doors as been built to small on the real one so the middle-age architects decided to add a triangular shape above to make it look taller. I don't see this shape above the first right entrance. Hope it is not to hard to change (if it is, forget my sentence).
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

DebussyMan

You are right un_ame. But I remember the triangle was on the left one ???

Anyways, it was indeed made to give it a more symmetric effect because the size of the portal was smaller than the ther two (in fact, the entire church is asymetric because the right tower is narrower than the left one). But, as I just copied both towers (waay easier than modelling each one) this issue is corrected. Maybe when I have the whole front complete I'll see if it is convenient to add it or not.

And thanks everyone else for your comments &hlp

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Une_ame

:o OK you're left, no no right :P. It's my everlasting problem (I say right when I think left et vice-versa).

snorrelli

Hi DebussyMan - hope you don't mind my posting this here. I noticed the Vienna Votivkirche building model doesn't show in zoom 5 (the farthest) or in the region view - shows up as a blank lot. Doesn't matter much - this is still one of the most detailed and beatiful BATs out there - but I just thought you'd want to know...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Andreas

Quote from: snorrelli on May 28, 2007, 11:54:46 AM
Hi DebussyMan - hope you don't mind my posting this here. I noticed the Vienna Votivkirche building model doesn't show in zoom 5 (the farthest) or in the region view - shows up as a blank lot.

That's zoom 1 (zoom 5 is the closest ;) ). Unfortunately, DebussyMan ran into some rendering problems, so the BSC had to piece the model together manually from some test renderings (which was a real pain, as you can imagine). The nightlighting has been created manually with Photoshop, too. The zoom 1 images were lost, though, so the church couldn't be recreated for that zoom level.
Andreas

FromTheAshes

Andreas: Actually it's not unusual to have these render-problems in zoom stage 5. I've got the same problem with many downloads. For example nearly EVERY mediterrean building mbear did shows this mistake. While playing I've no problem with it, but when I want to take a closer picture it's very annoying.
Visit Vorsfelde.

DebussyMan

Exactly as Andreas said. And be thankful it just doesn't appear, originally it displayed a large ugly blue box at that zoom ()sad()

snorrelli

Quote from: DebussyMan on May 28, 2007, 01:13:26 PM
Exactly as Andreas said. And be thankful it just doesn't appear, originally it displayed a large ugly blue box at that zoom ()sad()

LOL - As I said, not a big deal. I never really use that zoom - just happened to place it in a new, nearly empty city and first noticed from the region view. Thanks for the clarification on the zoom thing too, Andreas. I can never keep that straight, which is why I specified in parentheses ::). Guess it makes sense - more zoomed-in, higher number... ;)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Une_ame

Hi DebussyMan &hlp,

I little Post to have some news about this wonderfull project.

DebussyMan

Now that you ask I guess I could show you some progress. Not much though...

I'll update once i've finished the whole facade.

Sim Shady

jeez the detail is so intricate, its amazing!  loving what im seeing