• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DebussyMan Showcase

Started by DebussyMan, January 31, 2007, 09:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebussyMan

Quote from: xannepan on June 05, 2012, 09:30:03 PM

If I may give one more suggestion, you may want to extend the supports below the water level :-)

Question: did you render this is bat(gmax) or in 3ds max? I see some jagged edges (may be gmax or just jpeg compression, i can't tell). In any case, if you didn't know or do it already: you can use 3ds max for bridges. Just render the LODS in gmax with the correct TGI IDs and then select model name and render it in 3ds max as you would do with any other building.

How does it look if the bridge width is one more tile wider then in your image? Did you manage to have the repeat piece show up correcly?

The supports already extend 20m below the surface.  ;) Maybe the missing water effect makes it look as if it doesn't touch the water.

I used 3ds max, the jagged edges are from the game compression, not much I can do  ()sad()

As for the repeats, I followed your suggestion, couldn't get it to fit perfectly, but I think it looks good enough:

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

FrankU

This development is looking very good.  &apls
Maybe you need some kind of special landing model? I don't know anything about bridge BATting, but I have the feeling that bridges have special start and end pieces.

noahclem

Outstanding work on the bridge  &apls &apls

If you continue doing bridge work it would be really nice to see a nice new avenue bridge!

Keep up the outstanding work!

DebussyMan

The bridge is now on the STEX. I have in mind several other bridges I'd like to make, but those will have to wait.

Right now I wish to finish my "Big 3" projects before the summer is over. That is: Escorial, Versailles and the Louvre.

Currently I've started with the facade of the Escorial. Minding that my thread is being featured I'll try to post my daily progress log here so everyone can see exacly how is my workflow and see how it progreses little by little.

June 18th:

-First floor of central facade almost done.
-Started central facade second floor.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

noahclem

It's great to have that bridge and I'm really glad you plan on continuing with more of them.

Your "Big 3" sounds really big!

I'm glad you've decided to post your daily progress. That will be a nice way for me to understand how these beautiful buildings can be made and how the BAT process works. Great start on Escorial so far  &apls

FrankU

Hi Debussyman,

It's not only that I admire you and other BATters for being so exact and tedious in reproducing all the details in a historical building, it is more that I ask myself: how do you know how to do it? Did you make pictures of every detail in a building in order to make them in your modelling program? Do you use large images of the whole facade and do you copy the large elements and do you just guess or fantasize about the smaller details? And how do you know the sizes of all elements?
It would really interest me how you work and where you get the information of the real building.

Frank

RickD

Very beautiful bridge. Thank you for making it.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Girafe

And Moscow's Christ Savior church !!!    :P
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

DebussyMan

Thanks all!

Quote from: FrankU on June 19, 2012, 12:50:59 AM
Did you make pictures of every detail in a building in order to make them in your modelling program? Do you use large images of the whole facade and do you copy the large elements and do you just guess or fantasize about the smaller details? And how do you know the sizes of all elements?
Frank

Actually, I do all of that  ;D I usually have a large main picture that covers the entire building as reference (in the case of escorial I have plans), and then I also have detailed pictures of each element, which once modeled, I adjust to fit the main picture. If I don't have an image of the entire building, I model it by sections and then using cross-multiplication I adjust the proportions so everything fits with everything else. Here's a pic of my front Max view so you get in idea of the porocess:

@Giraffe: That doesn't count as Big project... but I'll be working on it here and there in between my main focus. Don't worry, it will be done  ;)

Any other questions of how I made a specific thing or process you'd like to know please feel free to ask.  :)

June 19th:
-Finished center front facade
-Started secondary front facade.

Yoder7652

Girafe

Grand master of batting for sure  :)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

I can't think of anything to say, so:  &apls &apls &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

DebussyMan

Thanks to the three of you  :)

June 20th:
-Finished front facade.
-Added front courtyards.
-Added Towers and Chapel facade.
-Started working on roofing.
-Started working on King's Courtyard.

noahclem

It's really great to be able to see this beauty take shape! Fantastic  &apls &apls

FrankU

DCMetro2834

Wow!!! :o  This level of detail goes unrivaled by almost all BATters; it's spectacular!!  :)

~DC

DebussyMan

Thanks for your comments  :thumbsup:

Not much advancet today  &mmm

June 21st:
-Finished the Kings' Courtyard.

Framly

Thanks for sharing the progress ;)

Amazing work in the BAT &apls

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

vester

Looks great.  &apls &apls &apls

What progress you make. You are sure working fast.

snakee8

Really phenomenal work!! You continue to churn out top notch work. Like Framly said, thanks for sharing your progress!  :thumbsup: