• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAL's BAT Cave

Started by callagrafx, February 03, 2007, 02:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Thanks Jac...here's some more progress, starting to add detail

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

jayo

Your texturing skills are amazing-All i have to say is good luck on this one  ;)
Its gonna be great  $%Grinno$%
I'm back

callagrafx

Just a quickie update...added the front door  :thumbsup:

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

delija21

this is just beautiful

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

TheTeaCat

Simply stunning work from you again Lee &apls &apls

worth much more than this

As for the apartments - wow - perfect  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Im soo speachless here Lee!!! :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

Great work as always Lee  &apls &apls. you have a great talent  :thumbsup:

callagrafx

Thank you all...actually, 3DS Max does most of the work...such as the mullions on the glass frontage are actually a bump map rather than a model, and building texture is procedural.

Anyway, adding roof stuff...still some more to add, but you get the idea.

Alfred.Jones

Sim City 4 Devotion

Pat

Lee that is just sooo sexxie!!!!  ;D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

fantnet

Yoder7652

smart Lee....very smart &apls

CasperVg

Very well done, I like it.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

callagrafx

Thank you for the kind comments.  Onto today's instalment and the model is 99% done.  I just need to add a large red cross on the elevator wall and a caduceus on the curved wall on the other side.

Have been working on the nightlights (using Gizmo's RGB values for a better night view) for this...

I so love nightlibraries, they make it so much easier.  This has 8 physical lights and the rest is done with textures.

cameron1991

:o
That looks awesome!
I can't wait for this to be released!

SimFox

Looking good!

May I ask what are those RGB values?
Just looking at the reder here makes me think that it is too dark to fit into normal games night.

I have been using 128,128,170 instead of 191, particularly on lighter buildings it cuts that wile almost fluorescent purple that could be seen on almost white structures in the game.

I've been trying to approach Gizmo about his darker night mod. But have been rebuffed, rather harshly I must say... Anyway problem is that his mod works with standard night view masks - namely those covering just parts of buildings.That makes it incompatible with "truNite" export since there mask covers entire structure.
Looking at this render here I can see that it follows the same principles as "truNite". So there is tha issue exactly how dark should it be. Since once exported it would be set. and
unaffected by any mod or game itself.

BTW I think the helipad is way too small. it should be something like 18m in diameter. Your one is about half the size... Another thing that I thin ca still stand some improvement is the roof "texture" it looks a bit out of scale. I mean it looks like something far smaller then the size of the building would suggest. Also glass in day render looks a bit odd... More like some semiprecious stone, malachite or something along those lines... It looks positively glowing (did you applied small self-illumination to it and excluded it from overall lighting scheme?) glowing int eh shadow side of the building. I assume this is gonna be hospital... well what you see on it's glass is something from under electronic microscope? It would kind of be tong in a cheek fun...

I would suggest to you to try to use glare as well it will soften the bright/dark edges in the "interior", make it more realistic. But I'm glad to see this style night lighting slowly but surely spreading around! So my buildings wouldn't be alone  ()stsfd()

TheTeaCat

wonderful  &apls &apls
I look forward to seeing this released  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kimcar

&apls &apls Just stunning . I`m happy that you still batting. Thanks :thumbsup:

callagrafx

@Simfox: Gizmo gave the values here http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2324.msg80021#msg80021

And something was bugging me about the roof and you hit the nail on the head, the heliport looked only big enough to land a toy helicopter...It was 12m rather than 18m...luckily it still fits onto the roof.  I'm not familiar with your Trunite technique, I simply used a bitmap to simulate lit interiors and used nightlibraries to do the swap...which as you say works on the whole building mask.  There was a self illumination to the daylight glass texture (forgot to reset it after night render) so again thanks for that.

Kimcar and Derry: Thanks...glad you like it  :thumbsup:

OK,finally finished the model...with the grateful input from my friends at BSC who are invaluable at spotting oddities. This will end up on a 6x5 LOT and I'll probably do custom base textures.