• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Concepts

Started by CasperVg, January 05, 2008, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Taking a detour from construction lots (no pun intended :?), I lotted a community recycling/waste collection centre. Goal of these is that the citizens bring in their large garbage (chairs, old tables, couches, woodwork, used bicycles, hedge trimmings, grass leftover, etc.) to the collection centre and put it in the desired containers. Their cars are weighed upon enter and exit of the centre, and they pay for the weight they dropped of. Lotted it after the collection centre of my hometown.

Containerpark Oosterzele, Belgium:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jack_wilds

I like it... think its a neat idea... :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

hi Casper

this is a very nice recycle center. I like the open bins for yard debris.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Sciurus

Nice recycle center! :thumbsup:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Nice one Casper! But I think you've an overlay texture to fix at the entrance.. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

supremec

I haven't downladed yet, but I think is superb  :thumbsup:
And your container park is just awesome  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

Girafe

Thanks for sharing this baby  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Deionn

Very nice idea. Its never been done before.

Swordmaster

That container park is fantastic, I think almost every Belgian village has one nearby.  :thumbsup:

CrossSide

Indeed! &apls In The Netherlands we have a lot of those too. Maybe and idea to make 1 or 2 squares avaible for just trash?

CasperVg

Ouch, has it really been two years.. Is there still some interest in the container park/recycling center I made? I found the files laying around and am quite tempted to patch it up a little and get it on the LEX.

Pictures:

Heh, those guys living on the 1x1 lot sure have prime access to the recycling center

sunv123

Looks nice, seems like a nice addition to any city. :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

MandelSoft

Yeah, I think there still would be some interest in it ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

whatevermind

I'm always looking for better alternatives to Maxis' garbage facilities, so I'd certainly encourage you to finish the recycling center. It's definitely a neat idea.

threestooges

Certainly some interest in it. Also, I like the effect of that street ending on the angle just next to it.
-Matt

RepublicMaster

Looks great! Reminds me of time spent sorting out the different colour bottles at the refuse station. :D

CasperVg

Well, after the 2011 creation and 2013 question if there was still interest, it made sense to release it in 2015...

Hope you enjoy :)

Oosterzele Recyling Centre:
SC4D LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3296
STEX: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30877-oosterzele-recyling-centre/

larger picture

Vizoria

This is so amazingly grungy! A perfect addition to any industrial area. Thanks!

Themistokles

Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill