• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Concepts

Started by CasperVg, January 05, 2008, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

CasperVg

More old unreleased lots have been uploaded. Enjoy :)

Early 19th Century Farms;
A collection of 5 (growable) farms based on c.p.'s Early 19th Century Houses. Uses a selection of SG's Farm Fields and Vortext's Pastures as fields.

SC4D LEX: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3297

larger picture
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

noahclem

compdude787

This is some neat stuff! I'm glad that you are now releasing it!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

c.p.

Thanks for releasing these.  I especially like the looks of the recycling center :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

I reworked the old "Vigerdig Fuel Station" today. Thanks to Simmer2 for his help with the RRW railyard textures.

Wondering I should mod it to work as a freight station? Right now it's a "Railyard without station". But that basically makes it eye-candy that you pay for.  ::)
The textures are a little bit off in a few spots (most notably the start of the railyard where it goes from 2 to 4 tracks), but I couldn't find a better alternative for that transition.

Suggestions appreciated as always.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Hi Casper.
Very nice freight station  ;)
I see that issue and have a solution. The RRW textures are a bit unforgiving in tight situations due to the greater turning radius and transitions. Therefore sometimes the lot has to be a bit bigger than the original in order to accommodate the extra tiles.
Would you like me to look into it?
If that is an existing lot please link it here if you wish.

Regards, Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

CasperVg

I re-modded it is a freight station (truck->freight train and freight train->truck) that allows passenger trains to pass through.

@Simmer2: Thanks :) I've attached the file below. Feel free to take a look.

FrankU

Yes, certainly. It will be very useful as freight station.
Beautiful lot, Casper!

Simmer2

Quote from: CasperVg on December 31, 2015, 01:13:46 AM
I re-modded it is a freight station (truck->freight train and freight train->truck) that allows passenger trains to pass through.

@Simmer2: Thanks :) I've attached the file below. Feel free to take a look.

Got it, I will look in to it over the holidays.
Where is that building from? Did it come with the original lot?
Oh and I did a search online with that station name but could not find anything beside your mention of it on this thread.

Happy new year!!!

Nick.
________________________________________________________________________________

Simmer2

Well I went ahead and modded it without the dependencies list.
I left it naked, you can finish it to your likings but its functional  ;)
I added transitions and I created a side DTR to Railyard junction for this lot. I noticed that you had quads on the TE'd side, in order for that to work you would need to custom path the lot therefore I ran a simple DTR with a couple of crossovers for visuals, it works!
Just add your base textures, overlays and other props and you are done  :thumbsup:

Here is the lot https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfjic8vgnnc5rsh/PLOP_13x4_Vigerdig%20Fuel%20Station_99213cd5.SC4Lot?dl=0

Please re-download the RRW_Lottex_SM2 for the new rail textures to show up. Link http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3310

Enjoy, Simmer2.

CasperVg

Thanks a lot, Simmer2! Looks a lot more like a real railyard now. I like the new colour transition pieces as well. Very cool!

CasperVg

Did some quick re-lots of Jeronij's Concrete (Diagonal) Walls, so that they look better (have the same grass texture at top/bottom) when used with mgb204's Terrain Grass mods. Included in the attached zip are versions of the Diagonal Up 1 (w/ diagonal fences), Diagonal Up 2 (w/ corner fences) and Diagonal Down pieces with the correct texture. The other pieces have no separate sections of grass and thus didn't need to be updated. I've tested them with the Sudden Valley Unified Wealth version of TGN, but I assume it will work with all versions. Ensure that they load after Jeronij's original pieces, of course.

Example (when combined with mgb204's diagonal fillers):

Themistokles

Grass textures may seem like a small thing, but it really does mean a lot. So these are going to be useful -- many thanks! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

CasperVg

Now on a LEX near you!

A set of four lots that fit into the Diggis Ponds Set. They contain decorative animals and water plants that were modelled by LiLith, in prop families for extra decoration.

Also check out these 10ish PIM-X'd commercials and residentials that were uploaded to the LEX earlier today: click here

CasperVg

Found this model at http://tsushinikai.com/simcity4/ (thanks Noah and 0715463494), but somehow it was rendered extremely off-center. Since it says "Redistribution free." on the author's website, it should be fine to use Model Tweaker to adjust it and release it together with the relot, right? The original is a 7x6 landmark, this one is a 6x6 CS$$ offering roughly 1800 jobs, growing only on corners in the Houston and Euro tilesets.

Thoughts?

Tyberius06

It looks nice!
Recently I was downloading the plugins from that page. I would use it! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.