• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferox's BATs

Started by Feroxx, February 04, 2008, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feroxx

Quote from: jeronij on February 19, 2008, 01:08:51 PM
I like the gardens   :thumbsup:

I would suggest to use some more variation with the trees... they look a bit repetitive... I am sure you can find some nice trees to improve the overall look   ;)

Other than this, I really like the garden's design   ()stsfd()

Ok i added some trees, lot looks beter now but the garden now has 10 dependencies :P

Quote from: N1_2888 on February 19, 2008, 04:15:25 PM
It would be great if there were an additional 2x2-version of this royal block of flats shown in reply #35. ;)
&apls

there will be also a version 2x2 and i think 3 colour versions.

Krio

This is probably the best palace with gardens ever  :thumbsup: and I agree with others, 2x2 lots are needed, I don't remember did you made those gorgeous W2Ws which are 4 tiles long, they are nice but hard to use because of its size. You could also model the sides have windows or something  :)

Feroxx

Quote from: Krio on February 20, 2008, 05:51:12 AM
This is probably the best palace with gardens ever  :thumbsup: and I agree with others, 2x2 lots are needed, I don't remember did you made those gorgeous W2Ws which are 4 tiles long, they are nice but hard to use because of its size. You could also model the sides have windows or something  :)

Only the green one is 2x2 to. But those will by 2x2 for 100% maybe 99% :P

Feroxx

Ennedi

Hello Ferox,

I agree with others - the Saxon Palace is one of the best SC4 palaces ever!  &apls
I am curious of the base lot texture - is this one which you showed on pictures only temporary, or the final one? A good, simple but elegant texture can be a great addon to this beautiful BAT  ;)

And your last w2w project is very interesting too - thank you for sharing these excellent buildings here!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

RebaLynnTS

Next time I need some graffiti, I'm coming to you :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Feroxx

This is final lot of the palace.

I added more people, but they appear random.

Tenements are finished to.

RebaLynnTS

Looking real good, the palace turned out ok.
Becca

Yoman

Great work on the palace, I especially enjoy the roof texture.

The tenements look incredible also. Only two criticisms. First is that behind those incredible mural's / graffiti textures there should be something else besides the blank white that it is currently I feel.

Second  is that the roof texture just doesn't seem to work for the model.

Have you visited this site? Might help you with future textures.

Either way the tenements look awesome and are very helpful for my cities!

jayo

Nice work  :D But i feel there is something missing in the lot for the palace-but i don't know what it is-Seems sort of empty  &mmm But still-great BATs.
I'm back

Feroxx

Quote from: Yoman on February 24, 2008, 09:43:57 AM
Great work on the palace, I especially enjoy the roof texture.

The tenements look incredible also. Only two criticisms. First is that behind those incredible mural's / graffiti textures there should be something else besides the blank white that it is currently I feel.

Second  is that the roof texture just doesn't seem to work for the model.

Have you visited this site? Might help you with future textures.

Either way the tenements look awesome and are very helpful for my cities!

I used this image of side wall, as you see wall is completely white.

Tar paper was used for covering majority of roofs of an old tenements, it was just cheap, more expensive ceramic roof tiles was used only on more representative roofs with big lowering.

Quote from: jayo on February 24, 2008, 10:07:37 AM
Nice work  :D But i feel there is something missing in the lot for the palace-but i don't know what it is-Seems sort of empty  &mmm But still-great BATs.

In real world before the arcades stood statue of Prince Józef Poniatowski, but i dont have skills to do it :(

Yoman

Wow, you took that graffi / mural picture and added it to the model perfectly. And I see your point with the tar roofs. Maybe make the output of the texture a bit lower, so that it is a little darker? Because they seem a bit light.

Hope that site helps anyway  :thumbsup:

Feroxx

Quote from: Yoman on February 24, 2008, 10:32:56 AM
Wow, you took that graffi / mural picture and added it to the model perfectly. And I see your point with the tar roofs. Maybe make the output of the texture a bit lower, so that it is a little darker? Because they seem a bit light.

Hope that site helps anyway  :thumbsup:

Is supposed to look a little bit old and faded :P

metasmurf

Your new set of w2w buildings blends in perfectly with Odd from Sweden's Berlin set. Thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:

Feroxx

My next projects:

Filters in Warsaw Ochota district

And Tenements:

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Strechnitz

Hi Ferox,

I love your palace. very well made indeed. And I look forward to your next projects, they all look interesting to me :)

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

baconrocky

Quote from: Feroxx on February 26, 2008, 05:19:15 AM

If there is one project I would DIE for you to do, it would be this! lol, its amazing.

Feroxx

@baconrocky - It is only a matter of time when i try to make it :)

And now new screen:

Feroxx