• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferox's BATs

Started by Feroxx, February 04, 2008, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Adept2Rock

Hello!!!I look at your work in the Polish web site!You are a great BATeur!! &apls ;)
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

praiodan

Feroxx, this is a fab piece of work and I'm glad that you were in fact able to make such a good use of the copper texture!

Besides, I'd like to advise you to scale your model up along the z-axis, about 25%-35% as on the picture you showed of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier the arches are rather small compared to the Sim walking next to it.
Another point I wanted to mention, is the roof of the arcade. You chose to make it flat which looks a bit odd IMO together with the copper texture and the gabled roofs next to it. I would therefore recommend you, to either change the texture there to a more appropriate one (maybe concrete) or remodel this little part and give it a gabled roof with the copper texture on it.
I also found a b/w pic of it on the web, which indicates that there has been a gabled one:

In the end the decision about it is all yours - nevertheless what solution you choose or if you just leave it at that, it'll be a definate download for me. Again, it's a fabulous piece of work &apls

Feroxx

The Palace was many times  remodeled. You found photo from about 1900-1925 year when attic was removed. In 30's roof geomery was changed and attics was added again.

On this photo from 1944 year, you can see flat roof covered probably by copper.

I think that size is ok, when i make palace bigger it will be overscaled (BAT size - 18x8).

praiodan

Ah ok, I see  :)

And oh, I didn't mean you should generally scale it up (indeed 18x8 is huge!), but only along the Z-Axis, which is the actual height of the building. For that just take the Non-Uniform Scale tool  :)

Feroxx

Yes i know but when i resize it along Z-axis i lose proportion of this building, it will be to high. People in SC4 are just to big :P

vester

Well, it's not only the high people, that is the problem, but more that the game kind of makes the buildings looks lower than they are.
Please reconsider to rescale the height of your bats.

I would rescale them myself with the reader for personal use.

praiodan

Yeah, SC dimensions are horrible actually... ever compared a Sim to a car in game?  :D

I wouldn't say a little upscaling would destroy the proportions. In fact it would correct it as the SC perspective makes buildings looks a little squashed.
Anyways, after I had another intensive look at the model I would revoke my former suggested 25%-35% of upscaling. 10%-15% could be appropriate.

kwakelaar

The almost finished model is looking wonderful, I like your interpretation of the total shape of this palace.
I would also recommend scaling your bat upwards if you have been using actual measurements of the building when modelling it.

Jasoncw

Scaling it up is actually correcting the proportions.

vester

Jason: That is quite a good illustration of the problem.

Feroxx

Yes i know this problem so floor has ~6meters in qmax.
I rendered this palace so i cant rescale it now :P Maybe it could be 5-10% higher but i dont want to render it second time (render time 18h).

praiodan

Quote from: Feroxx on February 17, 2008, 10:15:01 AMI rendered this palace so i cant rescale it now :P Maybe it could be 5-10% higher but i dont want to render it second time (render time 18h).

Nevermind. Just keep it in mind for your future projects  ;)

Feroxx

Palac Saski i Ogród Saski ( Soxon Garden) are finished :) Garden is a separate lot.

Feroxx

jeronij

Quote from: Feroxx on February 18, 2008, 08:37:02 AM
Palac Saski i Ogród Saski ( Soxon Garden) are finished :) Garden is a separate lot.

I like the gardens   :thumbsup:

I would suggest to use some more variation with the trees... they look a bit repetitive... I am sure you can find some nice trees to improve the overall look   ;)

Other than this, I really like the garden's design   ()stsfd()
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Quesh

This garden is very beautifull and more realistic  :thumbsup:

threeswept

Very, very nice! And, what progress!

N1_2888

It would be great if there were an additional 2x2-version of this royal block of flats shown in reply #35. ;)
&apls

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

CabraBuitre

Quote from: N1_2888 on February 19, 2008, 04:15:25 PM
It would be great if there were an additional 2x2-version of this royal block of flats shown in reply #35. ;)
&apls

I agree!  I plop alot of 2x2 in my cities as well!

Love the Palace, btw!

Check out Abelfarei!