• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

vonderfull vorks of vil

Started by vil, February 18, 2007, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

A lot with this is now on the LEX. Not the lot below though.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/callagrafx/windmill.swf
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

&apls &apls &apls
Is this the only custom animation available? %BUd%

Krio

BarbyW

Apart from geoffhaw's flags this is the only custom animation as far as I know.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Zaphod

amazing, I never knew that was even possible

for some reason I was always under the impression that those flags were actually something originally done my maxis and that geoffhaw was able to figure out how they were made

So if custom animations can be done, what else will you guys create someday?

War Kittens !?

vil

The format of this type of animation has been explored in the past but practical application has been limited.
Its a question of having and applying proper tools to a model so basically 95 % wouanagaines work. Should have mentioned him in the description but was in a hurry. Sorry wou, i will compensate when i release my lot.

mickebear

This is a revolutionary BAT  &apls

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

spa

flame1396

Milestone Ahoy! Shame I dont have use for a dutch windmill...
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Sim Shady

This really is an amazing creation here.  Hats off to all those involved in making it.  &apls

ps, i had a laugh when i thought about how slow the windmill turns in regards to how fast SC4 years go by  :P

vil

And the years do go by indeed but i just managed to start playing (with) the game again.

serebii666

Hura jses zpatky! Doufam ze uvidim zase neco z prahy!  ;D

Translation: Yay your back! I hope i'll see something from Prague again!

"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

vil

Playing with trains, guess they qualify as "from Prague"  :D

Additional track checker:

vil

Cool stuff on trains and scale by Rivit here.
Glad i havent tried to release any of my stuff before reading all that.

Actually i got discouraged from the game for a long time because of maxis and custom content scale issues.

I do disagree with Rivit slightly on the "should you be able to see individual bricks", "trains must fit in tunnels" and "maxis smoke is bad" issues. Also there is a slight mix up in the cube pictures and erroneous conclusions arise possibly from that.
I believe brick walls have to look like brick walls not orange peel or mud in spite of scale inaccuracy.
Also that either the game tunnels or the tracks must be wrong. If people size and apparent track gauge pull one way and tunnels and real scale pull the other way, train dimensions must fall somewhere in between (my current favourite compromise is x,y=115% and z=130%).
I still have hope for effect based smoke on engines.

If youre making a box shaped building its IMHO fine to make it 10 or 20 percent taller. It would be nice and clean to have everything the right scale but we are stuck with giant people and base textures on a 16m grid.

If you really wanted to make a cube look like a cube you could correct it for every zoom and rotation. One should remember that the trimetric projection means a cube is meant to look distorted :D

Back to a project im working on and right now looks like it has no big obstacles but time:

Prop placement is still by Sithlrd98 so you can tell where i started.

sithlrd98

I have so many questions about how you were able to achieve what I see..but not enough time.  ;D Gotta get ready for work.  :thumbsdown:

Jayson

vil

Well what happened there a couple of years ago was that everything works fine until its mirrored and rotated and then one of the properties is the wrong way around. It took so much work to get around, that that I gave up. If I get a new job with shorter hours and my kids grow up and no-one makes a new decent city-building game I might have a look at that again.

So much for that.

I have been following what Xannepan has been up to and there was some discussion about steam trains with maxis particle smoke. And i made those once upon a time so here is one by Rivit hex edited by a younger me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8qsu6djzmhcz0i/RVT%20DB%20Class%2023%20SE%20Replace.dat

Edit: There is a picture like 5 posts back  :thumbsup: