• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JMyers Rural Retreat and Small Shops

Started by jmyers2043, February 22, 2007, 06:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

I discovered this evening that I do not have a lot of pictures of my current project. I'm nearing the end of the batting and lotting phase. There are nine new bats in this shot. Some are hidden behind trees  ::)  I'll hunt for a couple more screen grabs. BTW - one of the homes is a close representation of mine. Which one  ???   :D 

Stage 1, 2, and 3 R$ homes.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ScottFTL

Houses?  That's something new for you.  They look great - and blend well with the excellent c.p. houses.  Looking forward to these!   :thumbsup:

mattb325

These are absolutely lovely, Jim! &apls

As for which one might be yours....it would definitely need a vegetable patch (which I can't see), but any of these would make a suitable abode  ;)

Jack_wilds

farm town cottage house come to the 'cities'...  :thumbsup: delightful surprise...

Swordmaster

Yippee, houses! For all the thousands of custom BATs, I still think there are way too few custom single family homes around (relatively speaking, versus the number of skyscrapers for instance) - and among those that exist, I find many that don't fit in well with the Maxis houses. So, I can definitely appreciate your efforts to correct that - in your picture I'm actually wondering which was the Maxis stuff again, so they sure blend in well. :)

Cheers,
Willy

mrbisonm

Love those houses, just about the styles we have out here in the country. Nice work, Jim.

About the house you're in,......hm.....there seems to be a little garden behind this one.......could it be?

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmyers2043

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 25, 2012, 10:24:50 PM
Love those houses, just about the styles we have out here in the country. Nice work, Jim.

About the house you're in,......hm.....there seems to be a little garden behind this one.......could it be?

Scott, Matt, Jack, Willy - Thank you for the kind comments. I've got them growing in earnest. Taking notes as I go. Move this tree on that lot ... redo an overlay texture ... give them a spin to look at the foundation steps to insure they align with the walkways ...

Fred   :D    You're right. But what you are seeing is a short dirt path leading from the patio to the concrete driveway. I don't have that sun room on the left side. Maybe, someday.

It's known as the Golden West_White in the LE. Click on it when it grows in your game, Fred. Who lives there now ??   

Take Care

<edit>

Some corner lots. The lots have a different set of trees since I took this shot.

Jack_wilds

you know what I like about these... is how well suited they will be for small-town/ farm-town Americana... :thumbsup: what CP did for the 19th century Greek-style housing your doing for the common American craftsman cottage/ farmhouse... its just a neat thing :)... not meaning to gush  &mmm

madhatter106

These look great.  I agree, single family homes are greatly needed to add variety to existing Maxis ones...these will do quite nicely.

I had thought, ages ago when I first sat down to BAT, to do a whole bunch of this type of house, and bundle them all up into what I wanted to call "The Burbs Pack."  But seeing how perfectly you've done these, I couldn't imagine even trying my hand at it - you've done exactly what I envisioned, and done it oh-so-well. 
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

elesaley

I had no other way of contacting you. Love and appreciate the houses. In my game play lots/models: auburn, amber creek, butternut, abbey glen, elm trace, water street and apple trail have all appeared in game and are beautiful. I love them and thank you. Blue Ridge has a "brown box." Could be something with my computer, but - just in case - wanted you to know and thank you again. Brilliant!

jmyers2043

Quote from: elesaley on September 12, 2012, 02:26:06 AM
Blue Ridge has a "brown box." Could be something with my computer, but - just in case -

well   ??? The thing I don't know is if ALL of the Blue Ridge models are missing or just one. You see, I gave all the different models a different street address. There are two designated Blue Ridge ... '9827 Blue Ridge Road' that is tan in color and one called 'Blue Ridge Homes by JMyers' which is yellow. They are in the same building family. The game should simply choose a different model if there is one that is missing because it doesn't care if there are 3 models or 8. Look for the folder \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC\JMyers\Blue Ridge. See if there are 16 files. This is where the Blue Ridge models, the foundation model, and the lots should have deployed.

- Jim

MachaSign

Hi, I have the brown box issue with blue ridge also. It affects both the lot with numbers in its name and the version without. If I rotate the camera, I can see the building model itself sticking out from the brown box which I guess means it's something other than the models missing. I have installed all dependencies listed, both the required and optional ones.

Rocky Summit Road is also a brown box, but I haven't seen any other lots, and I'm not entirely sure that that lot was part of this pack as I installed quite a few at once.

jmyers2043

Quote from: MachaSign on September 17, 2012, 12:11:00 PM
Hi, I have the brown box issue with blue ridge also. It affects both the lot with numbers in its name and the version without. If I rotate the camera, I can see the building model itself sticking out from the brown box which I guess means it's something other than the models missing. I have installed all dependencies listed, both the required and optional ones.

Rocky Summit Road is also a brown box, but I haven't seen any other lots, and I'm not entirely sure that that lot was part of this pack as I installed quite a few at once.

You are the third person who has asked me about boxes. I spent two hours this past Sunday looking for a reason. A picture of the view you reference would be helpful. I will be stumped for a while without a screen grab. My question is whether you have the latest CP prop packs. The two prop packs I used for trees, C.P. Mega Props Vol 1, and 2, were updated in May of this year with new additional models.

- Jim

Jack_wilds

its a stumper fur-sure  %confuso, as i am not having any issues... like the pack alot... especially in the small/rural cities   :)

mike3775

Quote from: Jack_wilds on September 17, 2012, 03:12:21 PM
its a stumper fur-sure  %confuso, as i am not having any issues... like the pack alot... especially in the small/rural cities   :)

I agree, I have not had any issues, but I also did update the Mega prop packs back in June.

jmyers2043

Quote from: mike3775 on September 17, 2012, 04:29:34 PM
but I also did update the Mega prop packs back in June.

Thanks for the input Jack and Mike.

The nice thing about Cleanitall is that it does not delete files. It moves them. I was able to duplicate the brown boxes by switching out the newer CP Mega Prop Packs with the older versions. Here is the result ... a row of Blue Ridge homes with boxes in the back yard.  :D

The box is prop family 0xCD000A4C. It contains the following models.  CP_SpruceStreetProp_Med, CP_Street_DougFirProp3_11, CP_Street_DougFirProp3_14, and CP_Street_WhitePineA_Med. These models span both Vol 1 and Vol 2.

The answer is to download the the May 2012 versions of CP Mega Props Vol 1 and 2.

BSC Mega Props CP Vol 1   http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180
BSC Mega Props CP Vol 2   http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

- Jim

jmyers2043

I did these diners about a year ago and put them into a folder. I've known they were there but lacked ambition to put them on some lots until this evening. Each sits on a 2x3 corner lot and a 2X2 lot. I need to add some variations to the 2X2 lots but they're just beta lots right now. They are stage 1 CS$ with 26 +/- jobs.

Franks Restaurant.

Pedro's Spicy Wings

Johnny Rotten's Soda Shop

threestooges

Great little roadside greasy spoons there Jim. I thought the buildings were too tall until I noticed the sloped to the roof in the side view. It was somewhat hidden in the front view unless you looked at it closely. That said, I like the look, and I can imagine it would make the interior feel that much brighter. The textures on Frank's look far too nice/clean for what I imagine the sort of diner this is. The second pics for Johnny Rotten's and Pedro's are pretty much what I would imagine. That said, nice work all around, and I'd love to see some new dining opportunities in my cities in the future.
-Matt

noahclem

Nice little diners  &apls  The lotting turned out quite well I think. The details of dumpsters and junk out back, cars, bushes, and good parking lot textures come together quite well  :thumbsup:

mike3775