• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nealos101's BAT Projects

Started by Nealos101, February 27, 2007, 07:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sim Shady

I must say that you have done exceptionally well on this  :thumbsup:

However, if I may draw your attention to the white texture on the roof, maybe its just me but it seems too bright.  If you compare the ingame white colors, they contain a hue of pink or blue.

Also, I dont see much of an entrance to the building :P

Other than that, AWESOME JOB :)

tag_one

wow massive building! I like the textures on the walls of the buildings. The textures on the roof look a bit clean to me. Maybe you can add some gray or greenish area's to them to make them look a bit more dirty. :)

Nealos101

Pat: :D Thankyou.

Sim Shady
QuoteHowever, if I may draw your attention to the white texture on the roof, maybe its just me but it seems too bright.  If you compare the ingame white colors, they contain a hue of pink or blue.

I see that; I have played around with a bit and posted another pair of pictures.

QuoteAlso, I dont see much of an entrance to the building :P

That's becuase there isn't meant to be at this stage $%Grinno$%. I still have to model the base.

tag_one
Quotehe textures on the roof look a bit clean to me. Maybe you can add some gray or greenish area's to them to make them look a bit more dirty.  :)

I've had a play with photoshop...

Day

Night

How does it look now?

Nealos101

Another update in the loophole; night windows... Lots of  :'( involved.

Don't worry about the odd textures; they are placeholders and easily reversed!

Day - High Quality Preview (This is the closest quality to what it'll look like when it is finished)

Night - This is how the nightwindows look on one side of the building

That's all for now folks!

threestooges

The roof looks great. Those vents fit perfectly. I like the somewhat yellowed color of the roof. The light leak is still there, but I'm sure you'll get around to it in time. One suggestion I would make for the night windows, is to have some that are partly open (where the curtains are partly/m,ostly drawn); right now the windows look a bit too alike (I know it's a hotel and each room is designed the same as the next, but people will add a difference in how each room looks). Looking better each time you post.

Sim Shady

looking better and better  ;D  :thumbsup:

kimcar

&apls &apls working fast mate. great progress you have done. Looking very good :thumbsup:

tag_one

The roof looks great now. I like the nightlights too :)

Nealos101

threestooges: Ah yes, the light leak is odd; it doesn't appear on the roof piece itself but when the complex is put together like that is always comes through; I will have to see what I can do to fix it.  As for altering the windows... That may be rather time consuming as it is, but will certainly consider it later on if it does look too out of place.  Thankyou for commenting.

Sim Shady: Thankyou

kimcar: It is good progress too, I am going to enjoy making the base and seeing how the whole complex fits together.  Thanks for commenting again freind!

tag_one: Thankyou, it does, and the nightlighting demands lots of attention.

I shall post an update when i have progressed further, happy new year everyone!

Nealos101

Almost finished and I can do the base...

I have found a bit of a texture error though, any thoughts on how to crush it?

Not to worry if you don't - I can easily hide it with the base.

Sim Shady

Looking forwards to the addition of the base.  Srry but im not the guy to help you solve your texture error.

tag_one

Oh dear, you've just the mirror tool haven't you? The best you can do is delete them. I hardly use the mirror tool, most times I rotate it to prevent this bug.

kimcar

can`t wait for see the base . Have fun :thumbsup:

Krio

There was an excellent release on LEX  :thumbsup:
and there will be more better when this gets ready  ;D

Pat

Neal simply put Wonderful!! I too cant wait to see the base... btw wheres the error??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nealos101

Sim Shady: So am I, I have almost finished the tower!

tag_one: Ah yes, thankyou for letting me know, it was a simple case of deleting and rotating a copy of the original.

kimcar: It is certainly closer now than ever, hopefully the next preview will show a piece of it underconstruction...

Krio: Thank you dear freind, I apologise for not commenting on your BATs recently but I'll get around to it when I get more time! Thankyou and I am glad you enjoyed it!

Pat: If you look at the base, to the left, you should see like some sort of diagonal line striping through one of the walls... That was it. But I have sorted it, and the base I hope to show next time I update!

88% nightlighting complete... 2% for the windows and 10% for the base!

(I will also crush that light leak too)

Pat

Neal that is looking good, and i hope you get that light leak fixxed soon...

Hogmeister

This is coming along very well Neal, what size lot are you proposing?
Building Better Buildings Better

Zaphod

looks great

hehe when your making these just avoid that EIFS siding stuff...otherwise things might start getting too hot ()flamdev()

oh well my sims have good fire protection...

War Kittens !?