• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

&apls Another great creation my friend. I like the idea of the refresh center. Always nice details you put on .  :thumbsup:

Bobbo

Thanks Kimcar, I enjoy doing as much detail work as possible, even though you can not really notice it in the game, but it's fun. 

Yoder, I don't know why, but I enjoy doing the detail work in the gas pumps, like I mention above, when in game mode, you really can't notice the detail.

Thanks Pat, my friend,and Edge for stopping by :)

Ok, today was such a blah day, had problems with my cable box in the living room (I normally listen to TV while BATting, especially my stupid Soaps, but for some reason at midnight last night, our cable box downstairs went out, but the cable box in the bedroom is working fine.)  So today I BATted another gas station - Exxon Multi-Island Tiger Mart.  Last night I did the pumps, while everyone was sleeping (and that's when the cable box went out).  The pumps on this station is alittle modern, I found a particular gas pump on Google, and thought it would be fun to BAT it, I'll post the pump I did and the one I based it off from shortly.  But here's Exxon in gmax.

This one will have the same status as the other two (Texaco & Sunoco).  I know in Gmax, you can't get the true colours that are going to be in the game, but I wanted to show the detail that I put into my gas stations.  I hope Exxon will look satisfactory to everyone - if you have any suggestions - pls let me know.

As promise, here is the pump I found on Google

And then here's my version, now it's not "exactly" like it - but wanted to do something different, and similar

And here's Exxon with a quick render:

Pat

man ohhhh man bobby all i can say is there Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat lol.
the detail is lost a little bit dang it still shows up and im liking the tiger.
looking forward to seeing these up soon -your friend pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

wonderful pictures of your great work! :thumbsup:

JBSimio

Man, Bobbo, I've missed some things lately.  I love the vending machines around back.  It's cool to see all the different brands, and you certainly have a way with gas pumps!  Is there a BP in the works anywhere?  Seems to be the only one I haven't seen yet.   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

kimcar

Geez!  You bat faster that the gaz price change  ;D With all these companies ,  the competition gonna be agressive  :D Very good once again. :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

Sonoco & Exxon stations are nifty
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

sebes

Excellent!  Soo many details on the vending machines and gaz pumps...  &apls    The show that you enjoy batting them.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Krio

Ooh Bobbo! How nice! No doubt that you are one of the best making custom content (in my list  "$Deal"$). I suggest that you replace the Coca-Cola vending machines with another Pepsi vending machine..

And must agree with kimcar: competition will be agressive in my cities between these companies.

Bobbo

Sorry I haven't been posting lately, been busy remodeling our kitchen, gettin' rid of the 50ish style kitchen, and bringing it into the 21st century - I must say we did a pretty good job, we even did our own plumbing, but we kinda had leak in the u-joint under the sink, though we replaced it with a better joint.

Here are ingame shots of Exxon growable 3x3 lot, and Sunoco 3x2 lot both are CS$1.

Thanks to all for stopping by, and leaving comments.

Bobbo

I've decided to make additional 2 more gas stations to make a total of 5.  Tonight while listening to the History Channel, I worked on this Shell pump, that I modeled from a pump on Turbo Squid.  The view is in gmax.

The other station, I thought would be a Total, and/or BP .... or a Marathon or a something.... &mmm

Pat

wow bobby them stations are coming along awsome my friend,
great works indeed. up a little late btw?  ;D  Hows the home
improvment going?  do we need to call Tim the Tool Man Taylor
to cause any more damage lol.  I hope it flows it smoothly and all good.
talk to you soon - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Bobbo

Hey Pat, got the plumbing working right - tomorrow is gonna be a busy day, going to Home Depot to pick up more items for the kitchen, counter tops, tiles etc - and it's back the next 2 days at the home improvement grind &mmm - but it's coming along.

Tonight, I was working on the Shell station.  Here's what I've done. 

Gmax Shots:

and then a quick render shot:

Hopefully everything looks ok ...

Pat

So more or less bobby y'all are livin at Home Depot lol gotta love them stores.
congrats on getting the plumbing to work right!!!!  &apls
Hey there that shell is lookin sweet i love how there is a curve to the roof,
are you gonna do any junk inside of the store at all? take care and have fun -
your friend pat

Air6

I like your stations since a long time, and this new model is excellent  &apls

EDGE4194

Everything is looking great :thumbsup: I especially like the Shell station- nice detail. It would be nice to see a station with the same type of pumps and canopy, but with a full size mini mart behind the pumps (back of lot) hint, hint ;D. I love your stuff and appreciate anything you are willing to share with us.

Bobbo

That's a possibility Edge4194 - maybe I'll do that with the BP I'll do next, and thank  you for the support. ;)
Thanks Air6 - I'm glad you liked my stations, but I think my recent ones will be much better  :)

Here are the ingame shots of the Shell.  This one that you see is a 3x3 plop, and I'll have 2 growable sizes as well, just like the previous ones.  Cars do appear on the lot, and so do a few folks as well.

Let me ask anyone that reads this - the restroom/refreshment center (building) on the back lot - is the white texture too white??? 

kimcar

I my friend . Great work again you have done :thumbsup: . As for the refresh center , if you found your building too white, why you don`t put a yellow stripe on top just for break the white. Just an idea like that. You`re the boss  ;)

Bobbo

Quote from: kimcar on April 05, 2007, 08:48:06 PM
I my friend . Great work again you have done :thumbsup: . As for the refresh center , if you found your building too white, why you don`t put a yellow stripe on top just for break the white. Just an idea like that. You`re the boss  ;)

I did that Kimcar, and I didn't think it looked good - but you know, I didn't render it, so maybe I'll go back and do that tomorrow, and render it and see what it looks like in the game.  Thanks for your suggestion! :)

sebes

The Shell station is fantastic Bobbo! 
&apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN