• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

The RED ROOF INN (large block) looks very nice ingame too.. and fits the area well in terms of build vs demand.. I guess we can thank the XTool for that.. anyways.. it looks and works well

Pat

awwwwwwwww Izzy is aint so much a pup any more bobby, I bet you are going nuts there my friend and I hope you and Steve are well... is Azul fixed at all? I hope...  I cant wait to see you batting Home Depot again!!! Good Luck my friend and see you soon.......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

You don't worry about us and just take care of those dogs.  I remember my bother's female dog.  Not a fun time.
The good news is that we only have eight more days to go. :D

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Heblem

bobbo hi!
I really like your new home depot store looks interesting but jut a suggestion on the roof...

Try using a laminate texture on the roof, (yours looks like a concrete roof) so not sure if this is a difficult request but that might add realism to blocky stores like this. I tried my first time with my walt-mart and it looks nice.

If you want the same texture I could give it to you (ive used alpha) im looking forward for your work! take care  ;)

Bobbo

Quote from: Pat on January 14, 2008, 05:12:48 PM
awwwwwwwww Izzy is aint so much a pup any more bobby, I bet you are going nuts there my friend and I hope you and Steve are well... is Azul fixed at all? I hope...  I cant wait to see you batting Home Depot again!!! Good Luck my friend and see you soon.......

$%Grinno$% Nope - Azul is not fix - so I have a male who's 5 yrs old crying and whining and peeing all over the house because Issy is becoming a little lady.  I hate caging them or putting them in their kennel - I feel as though they are in prison - she's not so bad when I pen her, but Azul's a different story.  She's too young to have puppies, I called the VET, and he told me that she's has to be 18 months or older to have pups.  If she was to have pups now, it would either kill her and the puppies or stund her growth.

Heblem, I sent you a PM :)

Pizza's done!  Ciao

Krio

Mmm...pizza :P Home Depot looks nice now, hopefully the doggies' heat won't drive you nuts and you can then continue batting!

Pat

oooh wow that is something I never knew that... eeek that is kinda scary, but dont worry bobby the caging is for their own good and for your sanity too lol.... Talk to you soon  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sim Shady

lol the same cant be said for cats.  Theyre worse than rats.  My neighbors cats were reproducing at the age of 4 or 5 months, and raising litters of 6 kittens who would go on to do the same thing.  Eventually it got out of controled and he neutered/ spayed every single on of them and gave a bunch away.

I should post a pic of my cat I got from the neighbor.  he rocks.  Hes nuts too lol.  He will attack everything that looks like a string (declawed though, thank god!)

joenemechekfan

Hey, i really like your buildings and I was just wondering if you could make some of these buildings
MEIJER
MENARDS
World Market Bazar
THANKS!

Bobbo

Just a note that I'm still around.  I've been working on Home Depot for the past few weeks.  Hopefully, I'll have a pix up shortly for you to see.  Thanks for being patient.  Bobby

Pat

:thumbsup:  excellent new Bobby and good to see you around... Hope to see the new pix's soon, your friend in the northwoods - pat

sebes

Yes - good news birthdatebuddy  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

EDGE4194

Bobby- glad to hear you're still with us :) I always look forward to seeing new things from you, and can't wait to see Home Depot.

Krio

Waiting some progress Bobbs  :thumbsup:

Orange Julius

Bobbo...I am a great fan of your works but I was dismayed to see only four BATs of yours on the LEX. Could you re-upload the H-E-B and the SuperTarget?
Gone now...

BarbyW

I believe that you, Orange Julius, use the name LivingInThePast at Simtropolis. I noticed that you had uploaded the model for H-E-B to the STEX without permission. As Bobbo is still busy in RL and unlikely to reply to you I am replying with a warning that if you upload any further models to the STEX you will be banned from the LEX. Bobbo will redo his stuff when he has time and they will be uploaded to the LEX.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Orange Julius

What I did on Simtropolis was out of protocol and shouldn't have been done, SC4 Devotion and Simtropolis are very different sites and business should not be brought up in either one of them. I had been warned on Simtropolis. A full explanation/transcription has been found on my blog and copied verbatim here:

"Dear LivingInThePast,

I have received several reports today that the file you recently uploaded to the STEX, Bobbo662 HEB, was made by another person and uploaded to the STEX without the original creator's knowledge or permission. The STEX file can be found here: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=19659

Please be aware that uploading another person's creations without their permission is not acceptable at Simtropolis and is considered plagiarism. This should be very clear from the STEX rules and also from the warning on the screen when you upload an item to the STEX. You may only upload items which you have the right to share, i.e. which you have created yourself or have obtained the permission of the original creator to upload. The consequences of breaking this rule are also made very clear in the warning.

STEX moderators are investigating this incident. Please could you provide an explanation showing that you have either created this item yourself or obtained permission to upload from the original creator of the file. Please also feel free to include any other explanation that you think is important for us to consider.

The STEX Rules provide more information on the rules regarding plagiarism and they can be found here: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=139&threadid=75145&enterthread=y

Thank you and regards,
Sam
STEX moderator"

I fired back with this:
"From what I understood, the file wasn't available on SC4 Devotion yet (searching under Bobbo's files on the LEX produced four files, none of which was this HEB), clear credit was given to Bobbo, and I clearly warned that it could cause problems. Furthermore, I was in a hurry and didn't spare enough time to contact Bobbo on SC4 Devotion. There was a certain feel that I had that Bobbo had vanished from SC4 Devotion altogether...after all, he had seemed to make dozens of BATs and had announced redoing them until he moved to SC4 Devotion. But there are ONLY FOUR FILES there and Bobbo neither has a active BAT thread at SC4 Devotion nor has been seen for a while, giving the impression that they dropped off the grid. I am not afraid to defend the H-E-B that I reuploaded nor of any just punishment you may deal out."

Because, see, I really did admire Bobbo's BATs. While contemporary releases on Simtropolis are generally sub-sub-par nowadays, there are good BATs out there.
Updates as we get it....

Yes, I did a very unwise thing and should have researched my counter-argument a bit better but I apologize and should not be blacklisted from all of the SimCity fan sites. :(
Gone now...

BarbyW

What you did was against the whole community policy and is something that is frowned upon by every site. It is plagiarism whether you credit the author or not as they files are NOT yours to upload. If they have been withdrawn it is for a reason and it is not up to you or anyone else to decide they should be available again. Apart from anything else what you uploaded were just the models and descriptor files so could only be used by someone who wanted to make their own lot.
My post above was a warning not a ban but if you do this again you will be banned from the LEX for certain. As I explained Bobbo is very busy in RL at the moment and is unlikely to re post any of his work for some time. You will just have to be patient.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Orange Julius

That's true. I did do a wrong thing, in retrospect. However, there is one more rule that you are dragging into this:
"$Deal"$
QuoteOne final word for those who would discuss here in the forums the goings-on at other SC4 fansites: DON'T. Other than the fact that this, too, is a waste of time and bandwidth, it is completely contrary to the community spirit we expect SC4D members to show.

So, if you want to reprimand me, do it on Simtrop where this is an issue--not here.

Gone now...

Pat

Hey Oj I do have to say since Bobby is member of BSC its within BSC rights to imposs sanctions here as well since, All barby did was tell you not to do it again or else...  I see really no further point in going any further with this and I suggest if you have any further problems take it into PM's with staff IE David/jeronij so that way Bobby's thread is not cluttered with an issue....

thats my 2 cents worth...

Patrick