• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

The red fits in with the game palette IMO....Nice job  &apls &apls  Regarding the LODs, have you done them so you can place car props by the pumps?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Bobbo

Quote from: callagrafx on March 06, 2007, 05:01:25 PM
The red fits in with the game palette IMO....Nice job  &apls &apls  Regarding the LODs, have you done them so you can place car props by the pumps?

Yes, it's just that the time I took the pictures the cars haven't showen up at the pumps.  Thanks callagrafx

Quote from: vester on March 06, 2007, 04:56:33 PM
One thing I nocited in your previous post was the difference in appears the roof have, when view front the ends and from the long sides.
Why is it that the roof looks almost flat from the ends, but profiled from the long sides.
How have done this profil shadow thing ? (sry my English comes a bit short)

I would prefer that roof look profiled from all sides, just like Dwd's stations have some profiling of the roofs and that from all sides.

Vester, I have no clue really, the only thing I can think is that the previous canopy is the old canopy and recent picture of the canopy is the new current one - but I have no clue why they look  like that, I would need someone who would know about the difference you mention.  Sorry.

vester

Is the canopy build up of a box or of curving profile ?

jmyers2043

A splash of color is nice. Red (to bright or to much) can over power the scene to the point where it draws the eye at the expense of everything else. Your red is softened by the roof. I like the wider picture as it gives me a better idea of the scale. In fact, I like it a lot now that I've seen it on that 1X3 lot. You were probably thinking "oh my goodness" as you scaled it back and watched all the detail you put intot he pumps get lost. But it does not look small at all, in fact looks about right judging from the pictures you've displayed here.

You can do several lots. A 1X3 corner, a 3X1 that would fit along the side of a road. You could do a 3X2 lot and make an dirt alley behind the station - kind of sparce looking, a bit of garbage, junker car, crime scene, you could bat a basketball net on a pole and then place some inner city kids shooting hoops in the alley behind the gas station. You could always put a cop car in the alley behind the station, then have one of the BSC modding guru's have the lot make a small amount of speeding ticket money whenever it grows. (just some ideas)
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Bobbo

I like how the station fits right in there with everything else!  Before learning how to do layering - solid colors where very difficult for me, and honestly I hated doing solid colors when I BATted.

I like the idea you gave me, the dirt alley behind the station, "where trouble lurks"  :D .  I will continue to work on this today - making different size lots.  Thanks JMyers very your help, and guidance! ;)

Quote from: vester on March 06, 2007, 05:16:29 PM
Is the canopy build up of a box or of curving profile ?

The canopy consist of 2 separate rectangles, and I rounded the edges just slightly on both, to make it curve/or round effect - added lines on the top of the canopy as cross beams.

Sorry I didn't get back on later last night, I went to bed early.  :sleeping:

joelevan

Bobbo - I was curious if you were able to do more work on this project? I am dying to see what you are improving on next!  :)

Bobbo

Quote from: joelevan on March 12, 2007, 05:29:09 PM
Bobbo - I was curious if you were able to do more work on this project? I am dying to see what you are improving on next!  :)

Sorry, here we go - this what I have done so far:

Vester mentioned that when the canopy was rotating around, the crossbeams didn't look right, so I went ahead and fixed it.  I made adjustments to the nightlighting, and I've made a ploppable, and a 3x1 CS$1 growable, which I'm trying to get growing in the game.  There will other size lots.

I've been busy the past few days - cleaning out my plugin folder, that nearly took 2 days - but it's organized now, plus downloading 65  pages of BSC files   ;)

Pat

heyyyyyyyyyy bobby i know the feeling RL bites or i should say plugins bite,
ive been working on the plugins everytime i get on the puter sometimes not tilll later in
the eve due to sharing lol, progress is looking great compared to the origanel i cant wait to see the new one
great job and keep up the hard work - your friend pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

joelevan

Ugh! Yes! I am doing a cleanup of my plugins now too. A REAL PAIN!  :D You almost need a gameplan before you even go in there.

Joel

Cali

wow bobbo, real progress! i love it, out here in cali, there aren't any Texacos anymore, they all became shell. so its nice to see an american Icon :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Bobbo

Quote from: Cali on March 13, 2007, 11:09:26 AM
wow bobbo, real progress! i love it, out here in cali, there aren't any Texacos anymore, they all became shell. so its nice to see an american Icon :thumbsup:

Thanks Cali!  Texacos seem to be slowly disappearing with mergers.  I've finally got a Texaco growing in my town.  This one is a 1x3 with CS$1/10 jobs.  Here are a few screen shots within game.

and a wider view so you can see the size comparison to Del Taco

There will also be other size lots, other than 1x3 & ploppable.

Bobbo

Here's the 3x1 lot  - ravamping the 1x3 lot

joelevan

I REALLY like the 3x1 lot. It is PERFECT in my opinion. I really like the roof texture that came out very nice. Something about the 1x3 that is a bit odd though...I can't place it though. It isn't the model...there is something odd about the lot. Let me think on it.

Joel

Cali

i agree, the three by one seems most realistic with alot of these money sucking pumps.,  $%Grinno$%
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Bobbo

Quote from: Cali on March 14, 2007, 11:14:32 PM
i agree, the three by one seems most realistic with alot of these money sucking pumps.,  $%Grinno$%
Quote from: joelevan on March 14, 2007, 10:33:14 PM
I REALLY like the 3x1 lot. It is PERFECT in my opinion. I really like the roof texture that came out very nice. Something about the 1x3 that is a bit odd though...I can't place it though. It isn't the model...there is something odd about the lot. Let me think on it.

Joel

I've decided that I'm not gonna be using the 1x3 lots (it does look odd, I was just testing it to see what it would look like) - it's gonna be 3x1, and 3x2 lots.

jmyers2043

1X3 would work best on the corner lots. As you note they are a bit odd on straight road (where the 3X1 works best)
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Tarkus

Bobbo, the Texaco is looking terrific. :thumbsup:  The roof looks great, and the gradient black-red fade looks just right.  I'd also concur with jmyers that the 3x1 could work for corners.  Never can have enough gas stations for SC4 . . .

-Tarkus

kimcar

:thumbsup: Looking good so far . I only hope that the gaz price not be to high , with the designer salary  ;D

Bobbo

Quote from: kimcar on March 17, 2007, 02:42:31 AM
:thumbsup: Looking good so far . I only hope that the gaz price not be to high , with the designer salary  ;D

What salary?  :D  You'll have to hoover your mouse over the gas sign to see the prices.

Quote from: Tarkus on March 16, 2007, 08:58:41 PM
Bobbo, the Texaco is looking terrific. :thumbsup:  The roof looks great, and the gradient black-red fade looks just right.  I'd also concur with jmyers that the 3x1 could work for corners.  Never can have enough gas stations for SC4 . . .

-Tarkus

Thanks Tarkus!  I agree with you, you can never have enough gas stations in SC4!

Here's the car wash that I'm gonna be adding to the lot - still working on it.

This will go on 2x3 lots.

Bobbo

Today I've been working on the car wash vacuums, the coin box, sign and air/water machine.  Here's what the vacuum cleaner looks like:

Here's what the 3x2 ploppable lots look like:

back view

Doing lots is not my specialty.  If you like to leave any comments or suggestions please do so!  Thanks for stopping by.

Bobbo