• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

&apls Brillant ideas the car wash and the vaccum . :thumbsup:

joelevan

I had not thought of that. Good idea!

Joel

BarbyW

From a lotting point of view I would just thin out the trees in the corner by the vacuums. Then look at it again and see if the movement through the lot flows as it would in RL.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bobbo

Quote from: barbyw on March 18, 2007, 02:15:15 AM
From a lotting point of view I would just thin out the trees in the corner by the vacuums. Then look at it again and see if the movement through the lot flows as it would in RL.

Barby, I just got rid all of those trees by the vacuums, and then re-arranged the lot, and then put SG's yucca plants along Deadwoods railyard stockfence,and the car wash. I then placed SG's day lillies up near the Texaco sign, and got rid of the patch of yuccas there.  I think it looks better, and with the movement through the lot, seems to be better as well.  Any opinions?

Cali

now is the car wash part of the texaco? If it is you may want to paint the building to match a bit.  but other than that ,you have pioneered the car wash. one other thing, you might want to scale down that dumptster, it is HUGE..lol. other than that, it is a beautiful lot :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

BarbyW

I'm not sure you need the yuccas and day lilies. This is mainly an asphalt base so would there be much? Maybe the odd tree in a dirt circle or a fluffy bush here and there along the fence.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

joelevan

I would keep the vegetation that is close to the dumpster and then get rid of the rest. I would use the Texaco colors for the car wash too.

Joel

Bobbo

I'm working on a new car wash, with Texaco colors at this moment.

Barby, your suggestion does sound much better, I'll work on that as well!  ;)

Bobbo

Quote from: Cali on March 18, 2007, 09:25:35 AM
now is the car wash part of the texaco? If it is you may want to paint the building to match a bit.  but other than that ,you have pioneered the car wash. one other thing, you might want to scale down that dumptster, it is HUGE..lol. other than that, it is a beautiful lot :thumbsup:

I went ahead this morning, and created a new car wash for the Texaco  lot:  Here are gmax screen shots:

Maybe this will replace the 1st one I made.

callagrafx

Your UV map is a little screwed there Bobbo...it's following the face.  Try resetting or apply it as a box.  That's what usually happens after a boolean operation.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Cali

i like it(once you fix the UV) :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Bobbo

Quote from: callagrafx on March 19, 2007, 12:26:14 PM
Your UV map is a little screwed there Bobbo...it's following the face.  Try resetting or apply it as a box.  That's what usually happens after a boolean operation.

Hi callagrafx

I don't know what's causing it to do that - the UV map is set on Box - here's a screen shot - and I tried resetting it, and it still appears as it does.  Is there anything else I should do?

callagrafx

You could try deleting the UV mapping, then convert the object to editable mesh.  Then, reapply the UV map.  I can't see what's causing that, as the shape is very simple.  Why have you added an "edit spline" modifier to the shape?  It could be this throwing it out.  Try turning this off (click on the lightbulb) or deleting it (before trying a convert to edit mesh) to see what happens.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Bobbo

Quote from: callagrafx on March 19, 2007, 01:15:22 PM
You could try deleting the UV mapping, then convert the object to editable mesh.  Then, reapply the UV map.  I can't see what's causing that, as the shape is very simple.  Why have you added an "edit spline" modifier to the shape?  It could be this throwing it out.  Try turning this off (click on the lightbulb) or deleting it (before trying a convert to edit mesh) to see what happens.

:( Sadly to say, it still didn't work.  I took out the edit spline modifer - infact I re-did the entire wall, and tried again, and it's still throwing it off  &mmm - I don't know what else to do .... Callagrafx, thank you for your help and suggestions. 

jmyers2043

Ah - now this is a cool car wash. You've carried the red theme over as well. I also get the warped look every once in a while. While disconcerting, I've not had it export that way. Nevertheless, sometimes I can get the perspective view to 'behave' by saving - exit program - restart gmax - and load your scene. Sometimes I save - start new project - merge the file you just saved into your new project.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

EDGE4194

Great idea to add the car wash. The lot is looking good and can't wait to see the final version.  :thumbsup:

Bobbo

Quote from: jmyers2043 on March 19, 2007, 07:16:11 PM
Ah - now this is a cool car wash. You've carried the red theme over as well. I also get the warped look every once in a while. While disconcerting, I've not had it export that way. Nevertheless, sometimes I can get the perspective view to 'behave' by saving - exit program - restart gmax - and load your scene. Sometimes I save - start new project - merge the file you just saved into your new project.

I always get the warped look, and like you, it comes out fine when rendering - maybe I should try doing that too, exit and then re-load gmax again.  Yeah, I like this car wash much better than the other one, and yeah, the evil red  >:D trying not to burn anyone's retna's out. 

Callagrafx worked on my bricks for me, and so I wanted to post what he has done for me, and what the car wash looks now.

I hoping it looks right, the colors and all.

Me too Edge4194 - I can't wait to get this one done.  I don't think I want to work on another red colored building again (or for aleast a good while).

Barby, I redid the lot, only a few bushes and that's it and I tell you something, IMO - it looks much much better!
Thanks for your suggestions!

The Bobbo

Gaston

Wow, that is really kool.   I like it alot.    I also liked the "wavy" brickwork.    It gives the building a somewhat "rundown" look.   Like it has been there for quite some time.     Like the station owner is waiting for the corporation to send him the funds to retrofit it and make it more modern.     In fact I can see the guy out there cussing at the machinery and fixing it himself everytime it breaks down.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

Hey The Bobbo,  :P

Now that car wash is looking sweet cant wait to see the updated lot now - DA Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Bobbo

Here's the new car wash that I  made with Texaco colors that will be on 2x3 size lots on growable, and ploppable.
I also took Barby's advise and took out the lillies, and yucca plants, and just put in a few bushes, and I think it looks much better, a better flow too.

Here are 4 screen shots (day/nite):

Front:

Side Street:

Entrance of the car wash is facing side street so customers can easily pull in if they just want their car washed.

I'll take any comments or suggestions ....