• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metasmurf

My suggestion is to darken the roof texture, add some noise to it in photoshop and maybe som moderate rust or something.

Actually i took your image into photshop and changed the roof, so you can see what i mean

something like this maybe?

edit: my 100th post and the 100th post in this thread %BUd%

Cali

congrats on 100 MS :thumbsup:
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Pat

Cali congrats to you as well, hope your wedding is a special as mine was back in aug.
cant wait to see your wedding pic

Metasmurf did u realize that not only you made 100 post count here as well but you are the 100th poster to
bobbos thread. lol

bobbo that is looking sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow alot of milestones today in bobbos thread

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Bobbo

I'm basically done with the Texaco Multi-Island Star Mart, there are 3 lots: 2 growables (3x1 & 3x2) CS$1, and a ploppable 3x2 CS$1.  Now, I'm working on a Sunoco station, same type as the Multi-Island, but with a different layout on the lot.  Tonight, after American Idol, and washing my chihuahua for his Vet appointment tomorrow (I'm gonna be on pins and needles tomorrow when he's under, getting his teeth clean - he's like my kid you know - actually he's like my little shadow, he follows me all around the house, and it's very hard to BAT when he wants to lay in my arms when I'm at the computer  :) - sorry for straying ... but here's what I've done tonight while he was sleeping under his covers.

I know it isn't much, but it's the gas/petro pumps.  Anyway, I thought I would release 3 stations at a time. 
Texaco, Sunoco, and possible either an Exxon or Chevron, maybe both who knows.  But my next topic will be the Sunoco. 

joelevan

I am being TOTALLY selfish, but I think it would be cool if you released them one at a time.  ;D

Joel

Krio

Bobbo, these are just awesome! And when did you joined in BSC  ;D I just noticed it here in Devotion (thank to infobar), hah hah! But keep up the good work!

Bobbo

Quote from: joelevan on March 22, 2007, 09:57:08 AM
I am being TOTALLY selfish, but I think it would be cool if you released them one at a time.  ;D

Joel

They'll be released separately.

Quote from: Bengt on March 22, 2007, 02:10:27 PM
Bobbo, these are just awesome! And when did you joined in BSC  ;D I just noticed it here in Devotion (thank to infobar), hah hah! But keep up the good work!

Thanks Bengt!  Around the 11th of March, I think.  How's your cj "Qaddro" coming along?

Cali

i really love the texture on the pump. very good work &apls

and also, thank you ;D
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

dedgren

Bobbo- you and your commenters are running a regular candy store here.  I've uploaded this whole thread so I can go through it over the weekend at my leisure- I learned stuff here in 15 minutes this evening that makes so much sense, but I never would have thought of it to begin with.

I've always been a fan- now your stuff is coming out better than I ever dreamed possible.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Bobby that pump is just siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick omg is it real?  lol

see ya's soon - your bud pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Krio

Congratulations for BSC membership  :), you are in good company. Qaddro is coming along nicely, started showing new town, which of course has your fuel stations and I'm waiting new ones to come!

And that gas pump is just a killer, so much details and only few of can be seen in game. I can't even watch my "home made" fuel station, I shame it too much after this theard  ;D ;D

kimcar

&apls Very nice gaz pump. I`m very impressed by the details that you give. Thanks :thumbsup:

Bobbo

Thanks David, I'm learning alot too being on the BSC team.
Thanks Pat & Kimcar - I appreciate the loyality and your comments!

I've been working the Sunoco Multi-Island Sun Mart (Texaco has the Star Mart, Sunoco has the Sun Mart) today, and here's what it looks like in gmax.

Front view:

Back view:

I'm gonna render this one tonight, and test it in the game.

Frankie

I must post and say that is amazing! I always liked the Sunoco stations; very unique color scheme  ;)

Edit: Raceway and Racetrac also use the same styles and design (but many more pumps at a given station) I believe that both stations are only common in Georgia though....

Gaston

Bobbo,
    Dang,   If I didn't know better I'd say I fueled up at that station when I lived in New England.    I haven't seen alot of Sunoco stations around here. (NE Iowa).
    Only one thing that catches my eye as being a bit outta place.    I seem to recall the "pumps" being raised slightly on (6" or so) a concrete pedestal.    With a slight "curb" to it.     It ususally runs from the "front" pump to the "back" pump.    It was a few years back so I could be recalling some other station.   Also, I just noticed that there should be small octagon shaped trash recepticles with a place to hold the obligitory window washer squeegy.   You know the one that is always either outta fluid or so dirty and torn it makes the windshield worse.   LOL
    This is really comming along nicely.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Bobbo

Gaston, I took your advice, and did the curb concrete from the 1st pump to the 2nd pump in the same aisle.  Here's, the Sunoco Multi-Island Sun Mart, that I've been working on for a few days.

This one will not have a car wash, but will have like a restroom/refreshment center behind the gas station on the same lot.  This is what it looks like in gmax

You can see in the above ingame pictures.  There are 3 lots (3x1 & 3x2 growable) and a 3x2 ploppable lot.  The 3x1 will have 14 CS$1 jobs, the 3x2's will have 27 CS$1 jobs.

Gaston

Bobbo,
     That is what I was trying to describe.     Very good.    I think it needed it.   You can really see it in the second picture.   Excellent.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

EDGE4194

It looks great! :thumbsup: The restroom/vending machines add a nice touch.  %BUd%

Pat

bobby wow my friend wow just simply stunning work, I jsut simply love it, keep it up - pat

Yoder7652

soo much great detail, I love the pumps  :thumbsup: