• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

Tell me, how can you do these so fast  ???. I won't even try doing my bats as fast as you  $%Grinno$%

Pat

Hey bobby great job there with the lot on shell.
you asked about the potty's color.
if maybe even darken the white that might work a little
cause it is a little to white. Just a thought have you tried to go
brick texture with red color at all? take care my friend - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Bobbo

Thanks Pat, more than likely I'll take that advice and darken it more.
Bengt, well, I'm home all day (everyday) plus I have a technique of doing things, short cuts etc that I've learned, so it makes BATting alittle faster in some areas.
Thanks Sebes!

Well, Saturday afternoon - I started work on the BP station - this one is gonna be different, the store is gonna be separate from the canopy.  Here's a shot in gmax

I'm using the old BP logo, instead of the flower logo that they currently have.  This one will have a car wash as well.
I hope everyone who celebrates Easter, will have a pleasant, peaceful one!

mhsbroncos2005

Hey Bobbo....I was wondering where you had went to. Would you be able to send me all of the latest stuff you have create and completed through my email? Hopefully you should have it still. If not let me know and I will send you an email. Later.

mhsbroncos2005

Bobbo

Here's the BP Shop that I've been working on in gmax

I'm still working on it - but this lot will have a car wash as well - any suggestions or comments will be appreciated! ;)

EDGE4194

Hey Bobbo- i'm loving the idea of a separate mini mart  ;D. The pumps and canopy look great. I think the graffiti might be a bit too much. The shiny modern pumps suggest a newer/upscale station, but the building suggests an older location in a declining area. I think making it more upscale and modern would be great. Hope you don't mind my $0.02.  :)

Pat

Hey Bobby i do love the pumps that is perfect.
Just a thought what about 2 different sets of BP a higher class one with those pumps
and then a lower class bp with that station and different style of canopy.
the pumps it self is perfect but the canopy may be like a little flatter with only two
pumps for the lower class station.
I did find a few pictures i think might be useful for the higher class station and as well
as lower class pump island. i hope this helps if not feel free to toss it aside lol. - pat

front of the building 1

front of the building 2

Here is a picture of the car wash

here is the 2 pump island i was talking about

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

What a great idea to do the grafity! It makes it so realistic... :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Bobbo

Quote from: EDGE4194 on April 09, 2007, 07:32:16 PM
Hey Bobbo- i'm loving the idea of a separate mini mart  ;D. The pumps and canopy look great. I think the graffiti might be a bit too much. The shiny modern pumps suggest a newer/upscale station, but the building suggests an older location in a declining area. I think making it more upscale and modern would be great. Hope you don't mind my $0.02.  :)

I notice at times when I go to a gas station, some stations upgrade their pumps, but at times they never really upgrade the marts - I think by Federal (EPA) code here in the States, they have to replace their tanks after so many years b/c of age, having tanks leaking fuel into the ground, not so good for the enviroment.  So I thought having a modernized canopy with an older looking mart - but it was something swimming in my mind.

Quote from: patfirefghtr on April 10, 2007, 12:12:45 AM
Hey Bobby i do love the pumps that is perfect.
Just a thought what about 2 different sets of BP a higher class one with those pumps
and then a lower class bp with that station and different style of canopy.
the pumps it self is perfect but the canopy may be like a little flatter with only two
pumps for the lower class station.
I did find a few pictures i think might be useful for the higher class station and as well
as lower class pump island. i hope this helps if not feel free to toss it aside lol. - pat

I can always use new pix in my collection, thanks Pat.  Well, I was gonna do some other type of service stations, but that's a good idea.

Quote from: sebes on April 10, 2007, 01:43:19 PM
What a great idea to do the grafity! It makes it so realistic... :thumbsup:

I thought it would be cool to have some grafitti on some of the buildings - I mean you do see all around you - especially in bigger cities or towns.  Now in cowville, where I live - I don't think they know what grafitti is.  I mean Vermont has banned billboards, so when you come to Vermont, you'll notice no billboards at all - not even in their biggest city Burlington.  And if you have a cell phone, forget it - cell towers  are very far and few here as well.  I had to give up my cell phone b/c I couldn't get service at all.  But I heard on the news here in Burlington that Vermont Government wants to impliment more cell towers b/c there was an innocent where an elderly couple had ran off a road and went down over an embankment, and passerbyers did not notice and they were stranded for a week, and the elderly guy had died.  They were trying to call 911 on their cell phones, but couldn't get a signal.  Sorry for ranting.

Pat

ooooooh man bobby that is horrible how that happend omg.
it goes to show that cell phones do save lives when
you can actuley get service that is soo not right.
BTW dont appologize for ranting in your thread lol
rant alll you want my friend.  I forgot to mention that
about the graffiti i loved it as well, im sorry. You are
so welcomed for the new pictures, just let me know any time
and i find you pics.  I guess you could say i'll be your work horse lol  :thumbsup:

sebes

Cowville  :D   OK, now tell me, I thought Vermont was in the US of A ... What you tell does so not match with my image of the states. It's a horibble story and unbelievable: cell phones indeed save a lot of lives!

But still: great gaz stations Cowboy Bobbo and your Workhorse ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

;D Lol . I just like the grafitti that you have done . So real  :thumbsup:

Bobbo

Replies:

@Pat -   Thank you! I went ahead and made the roof on the Mart and Car Wash the same as the Canopy over the pumps - thanks for your suggestion.
@Sebes - I'm used to living in the city, and this is my first time living in a very rual area.  The US of A has many many rual areas - some States (smaller ones in general that don't have much money) technology isn't so advance it seems lol.
@Kimcar - Thanks, I like the grafitti too, I think it makes it alittle bit more real.

Here's a in game shot of BP

I'll take any comments or suggestions.

EDGE4194

&apls Great job! I think I like this one the best (even though they are all great)Thank you  ;)

Pat

8) /&HiPP/%  Bobby those are wicked cool my friend i love them.
No problem buddddddddy,  Like i said any time you need any pics let me know.
Talk to you soon - Your Friend Pat

joelevan

Just a minor comment. The cars...would you be willing to find some other colors? The ones you have are mostly all white!  :D

Bobbo

Quote from: joelevan on April 14, 2007, 10:06:27 AM
Just a minor comment. The cars...would you be willing to find some other colors? The ones you have are mostly all white!  :D

They are family props - they will change style and different colors as the game plays on.

scottott999

A couple of things... One fantastic work.  I love the realism in your details.  Secondly on the Simtropolis site I read that you were working on re-releasing a lot of your older works.  This is the first time I've seen the Gas stations and I was wondering if they had been previously published some where.

Bobbo

Quote from: scottott999 on April 22, 2007, 02:31:19 PM
A couple of things... One fantastic work.  I love the realism in your details.  Secondly on the Simtropolis site I read that you were working on re-releasing a lot of your older works.  This is the first time I've seen the Gas stations and I was wondering if they had been previously published some where.

Thanks scottott999 - to answer your question, no, they haven't been previously published anywhere else.

Here's what I've been working on between remodeling the kitchen.  It's 3am now, so I'm about to hit the sack.  It's a small 3-room apartment  building - something early in the 20th century. 

mightygoose

now that apartment building i like, although i am curious as to the second door on th first floor...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....