• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bobbo662

Started by Bobbo, March 01, 2007, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantnet

Great to see you back!!!!

rooker1

Welcome back.  The Lowes stuff looks great.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Bobbo

Gaston

Bobbo,
  Glad to see your back at it again.       I have worked for Lowe's for over 12 years now so I hope you don't mind a bit of imput from me.    ;D

Quote from: Bobbo on September 30, 2007, 10:32:04 AM

I've BATted before Ieft on vacation, Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse - but there are clich in the fencing around the garden center, you can see in the sky view of the shot, the fence disappears n the game.  I was using someone's texture (not BSCs) and when I put the building in the game, the fence texture disappears, so I have to go back into Gmax and re-do Lowe's again, but this time - I have to retexture everything, b/c the paths to my textures are no longer in C drive, but on my external hard drive now.

Here are the pics of Lowe's.

Pic #1:
   You actually have the roof junk pretty close to acurate.    There are "skylights" (actually the are semi-transperant and have something to do with the fire system.   They pop open automatically in case of a fire.  This way the fire department has access.   Seems to me they would act as a chimney.) in almost every store.   I have only seen one or two that do not.   I don't know if the stores on the west coast have them or not.
   The Garden Center fence is a chain link fence about as tall as the building in about 50% of the stores.   Now they have started installing fancy wrought iron fencing in the newer ones.  The have brick facades and brick colomns.
   I don't know of any stores that have parking behind the building.     The majority of the stores have what is called a "bull pen".   Basically it is a fenced in area that runs from where receiving ends to the far end of the store behind lumber.   From about where the green truck is to the corner of the building where the yellow truck is.   This is used to store extra green treated lumber, extra plumbing pipe,  and the delivery trucks a normally parked in there at night to make sure the remain secure.   Coming outta the bull ben and running up the back wall it the caged ladder to access the roof.

Quote#2

Quote#3
pics #2 & #3
    The only thing I can spot that is outta place is that the parking lot isn't really seperated form the front of the building.   There are loading zones and fire lanes along the front.    And the canopy at the "indoor lumber yard" end would be TE'd so people could pull under it to load.

QuoteI've also made a Lowe's Disturbution Center with trailers (no trucks though) to accompany this lot.  No pics as of yet either.

The above lot I have to redo so I can use Walkingsnake's shopping lot textures.  The lot is 13x10.

Please be kind enough to let me know what you think.  Again, thanks for being patient with me in my absense - I was just out enjoying life again that I miissed for nearly 4 yrs!  &dance

Bobbo

***edit***

Here are the screen shots of the Lowe's Distribution Center

Quote#5

Okay.   Roof junk pretty close.   The building is way way way too small to be a regional distribution center.    And that is the only type of distribution centers we have.   They are truely masive.    There are at least 50 bays or more for loading / unloading trucks.   The building would have the foot print of many football fields.    I really can't remember how many acres they are but it is alot.   Parking for the trucks and for employees is a bit larger as well.   But not as many employees as it would look like for the building size.

Quote#6

Quote#7

You really need a larger area for the trailers.    The trucks could not easily back in to the docks with this sorta space.   There is alot of area devoted to pavement around these places.

Quoteand my testing city (Hancock)

Quote#9

This looks pretty good.    Even without the aforementioned changes I would most likely want this in my city.   ;)    The only thing that jumps out at me is still the size of the RDC (regional distribution center).   It should be a minimum of 5 times bigger and probably 7 or 8 times bigger than the store itself.   Hope you didn't mind the critic.    I figure you want to be as acurrate as practicallity allows.     If you have any questions I would love to answer them.    Like I said for 12 years I have worked for them and in 5 different stores as well.   Plus I have helped set up several more.   Hope that helps a little.    This really does look great.    I suppose I am a bit nit picky because of all the inside knowledge I have.  LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Bobbo

Gaston

I want to "thank you" for your guidance and suggestions - I will definately take up your suggestions!  I'm retexturing the Lowe's so, I'll go ahead and do the changes that you mentioned above to the roofing, and to the Dist.Center as well - Bigger than Lowe's huh?  Lowe's is already a 13x10 lot  :D.

I don't have Lowe's in the area I live in, Vermont doesn't like too much of BIG BOX stores coming in and running out the small businesses out of town - so I have to travel 82 miles to a nearest Lowe's.

But if you have any other suggestions, PLEASE let me know!

Thanks again!

rooker1

I love both lots and will DL them anyway you finish them.  But I do agree with Gaston, the RDC building would look better if it were alot bigger.  Maybe 20-25x10.  Just a thought.   ;)

&apls &apls &apls

Call me Robin, please.

Bobbo

Quote from: rooker1 on October 03, 2007, 06:23:56 AM
I love both lots and will DL them anyway you finish them.  But I do agree with Gaston, the RDC building would look better if it were alot bigger.  Maybe 20-25x10.  Just a thought.   ;)

&apls &apls &apls

I agree whole hartedly!  Definately bigger!  ;)

Well, I thought I would show my progress in what I did this past week retexturing, and making modifications as well - Gaston, I hope this is what you were talking about (the skylight types) .... I also tried my hand at making my own little props ( in the garden center) the Scot's fertilizer paellets, and brick/stone pallets - not much in the garden center.  The fencing is kinda rusty texture .... but here's what I've done.

I made the front entrances brick and the pickup center brick than what it looked previous - any suggestions?  comments!

Travis

Amazing work, Bobbo! I have almost all of your stuff, it's all excellent.

I really like the Lowe's. That blue color in the awnings looks great against the rusty-metallic look of the roof. My only suggestion would be to make the area under the lumber-pickup in the front transparent, so it will fit with the parking lot better.  ;)

fantnet

The brick looks a whole lot better, in my opinon. i would keep it. $%Grinno$%

sebes

I join the others is saying : great to see you back here buddy!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BigSlark

Bobbo,

Your Lowe's is looking really, really great. I can't wait to have it grow in my cities.

Quote from: Travis on October 03, 2007, 11:48:45 AM
My only suggestion would be to make the area under the lumber-pickup in the front transparent, so it will fit with the parking lot better.  ;)

I visited a Lowe's last night and noticed that the lumber pickup was concrete while the rest of the parking lot is asphalt. So, it seems that either way will work.

Cheers,
Kevin

Gaston

Quote from: Bobbo on October 03, 2007, 11:02:42 AM
I agree whole hartedly!  Definately bigger!  ;)

Well, I thought I would show my progress in what I did this past week retexturing, and making modifications as well - Gaston, I hope this is what you were talking about (the skylight types) .... I also tried my hand at making my own little props ( in the garden center) the Scot's fertilizer paellets, and brick/stone pallets - not much in the garden center.  The fencing is kinda rusty texture .... but here's what I've done.

I made the front entrances brick and the pickup center brick than what it looked previous - any suggestions?  comments!

Excellent work Bobbo!     This is getting very close to real life.     I think this is pretty much dead on.     Hmmm, garden center is still just a bit off.   Most likely there would be some smaller trees standing together, and tables with various types of plants and shrubs on them in lines.     Also along the long fence on the right is usually what they call the "soil wall".   Basically tall shelving (like what is in the store) with pallets of bagged top soil, mulch, etc.    Hope that helps.

Quote from: BigSlark on October 03, 2007, 01:56:00 PM
Bobbo,

Your Lowe's is looking really, really great. I can't wait to have it grow in my cities.

I visited a Lowe's last night and noticed that the lumber pickup was concrete while the rest of the parking lot is asphalt. So, it seems that either way will work.

Cheers,
Kevin
Thanks for helping with my retirement plan Kevin.    ;)  LOL      BTW, Kevin is right about the concrete texture.   The same texture (or a similar one) would make up the floor of the garden center.      Oooh, also I forgot to mention that the roof texture is usually a light colored gravel.   The color you have chosen is very close indeed.   I mean really close!

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Pat

hey Bobby that is looking real good....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

I think this is a great improvement and we should call that blue you are using Lowes Blue.  Is it at all possible to make some of the skids not so perfect.  It looks too neat and tidy in the garden center.

&apls &apls &apls

Call me Robin, please.

Gaston

Quote from: rooker1 on October 04, 2007, 06:37:19 AM
I think this is a great improvement and we should call that blue you are using Lowes Blue.  Is it at all possible to make some of the skids not so perfect.  It looks too neat and tidy in the garden center.

&apls &apls &apls

Hmmm, that blue IS Lowe's blue.   LOL     As far as the Garden Center being TOO neat and tidy?    At my store is always looks that tidy. ?=mad)=   Okay that might be a slight exageration.   ROFLMAO

---Gaston
白龍

RippleJet

Bobbo's Multi-Island Gas Marts are now available on the LEX:

Pat

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet this is wicked cool to finaly get these bad boys....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

EDGE4194

%BUd% &dance &bis& &dance %BUd%
finally! Thank you for releasing these.

Tarkus

Bobbo, the new stations are fantastic.  Never can have too many gas stations. ;)  Thanks again for your continued awesome work.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Bobbo

Thanks everyone!  I just want to thank you all for being patient with me, and most of all want to thank Ripplejet for really being patient with me.  He's truly been a huge help in helping me getting my lots squared away, and making sure they function well!  &apls

Here's my next upload - Wal-Mart.   There are 2 versions, a growable 7x7 lot and a growable 7x5 lot.

Here are the finish product