• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Save Alarm Mod (updated)

Started by daeley, March 20, 2007, 01:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daeley

a little update:

the alarm will now show the time and total time played since starting up simcity... going to run a few final tests to double-check if it works correctly, but it probably will be released in the next few days...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Serkanner

Sure ... give my better half even more tools to prove I have been playing to much ...  :thumbsdown:    ....  :D  ... just kidding of course. Great addition Daely and the update will replace the current version as soon as it hits the exchange.

daeley

next I'll invent a parental control mod ;)

mod has been updated on LEX
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

callagrafx

A Parental control MOD...now there's an idea.  Will it take my kids and look after them for 2 weeks while I bugger off to the Maldives?  :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

bat

flame1396

COOL! So useful for those CTD situations
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

revmom

sorry to be so stupid- into which file do I put this? ()what()

M4346

I am not the expert, but I believe this should be placed in the root of your plugins directory.

That is

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\

;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Serkanner

Either the one M mentioned or the folder where the game files are installed ... simcity4/plugins ( usually not on your system's drive but on D:\ for instance )

cammo2003

Quote from: Serkanner on September 19, 2007, 10:50:12 AM
Either the one M mentioned or the folder where the game files are installed ... simcity4/plugins ( usually not on your system's drive but on D:\ for instance )

Err, D:\ is usually the CD/DVD drive.  :P

You're probably thinking of C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Plugins.

Serkanner

Quote from: cammo2003 on December 02, 2007, 10:04:24 PM
Err, D:\ is usually the CD/DVD drive.  :P

You're probably thinking of C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Plugins.

Most systems have a partitioned drive nowadays and therefore D:\ is usually the drive where files are stored. Its better for the performance of the system to have one partition allocated to the system and its operating system and a partition ( D:\ in my case ) to the storage of other files.

I also install my games to the second and larger partition. I do not commonly install programs to the C:\ = system drive unles its needed for the system to operate or better performance.

With my coment I wanted to make clear there are two different plugins folders for the game:

1. = mydocuments/simcity4/plugins

2. = location where the game is installed; in my case NOT the system drive, and not the program files  ;)

Allocation of "letters" to a drive is not restricted to the alphabet either. I have a dvd drive and a separate burner and allocated H and I to them  ... for some reason I never find a B:\ drive anywhere

Andreas

Quote from: Serkanner on December 03, 2007, 04:23:06 AM
Allocation of "letters" to a drive is not restricted to the alphabet either. I have a dvd drive and a separate burner and allocated H and I to them  ... for some reason I never find a B:\ drive anywhere

The drive letters date back to the good old DOS days - A:\ was always the first floppy drive, and B:\ was the second floppy drive. C:\ was the first (boot) partition of the harddisk, and that never changed since then. Floppy drives are slowly dying, but Microsoft never bothered to make the first two drive letters available for other stuff.
Andreas

DrPepper

Even When I still Save the Alarm still pops up and says I didnt save in 20 Mins..Yet I did....Maybe this will be an improvement instead of it popping up accordingly to the time....:)

-DrPepper
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

FrankU

I have more or less the same experience as DrPepper. Somehow the time counter seems not to work exactly as I expect. It could be that my expectations are wrong.
Anyway, this does not bother me. I am happy with the mod. &apls

And a parental control mod: Yes! Will it control my parents while I play my game? In that case I don't need it. I left home about 25 years ago. My parens don't care for my gameplay. My wife does, though.

Diggis

I think the alarm doesn't know when you saved.  It can only warn you at regular intervals regardless to whether you have or not.

Andreas

Yes, the mod won't know when you saved your city, it just pops up in the desired interval. If it pops up just after saving, you can set it to a longer time, if you want, though.
Andreas

krbe

Quote from: FrankU on March 05, 2008, 03:13:21 AM

And a parental control mod: Yes! Will it control my parents while I play my game? In that case I don't need it. I left home about 25 years ago. My parens don't care for my gameplay. My wife does, though.

If it can control your parents it could probably be modded further so to supportwifes, girlfriends, roommates, colleagues, teachers, etc...

Diggis

Quote from: krbe on March 05, 2008, 05:04:47 AM
If it can control your parents it could probably be modded further so to supportwifes, girlfriends, roommates, colleagues, teachers, etc...

I've yet to see anything that can control my girlfriend.  ;D

daeley

Quote from: Diggis on March 05, 2008, 05:08:42 AM
I've yet to see anything that can control my girlfriend.  ;D

finally! a real challenge :D
1. Install SC4+RH
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Pat

Oooo Daely please do include the Wife control too please and thank you  :D

NB: with this post I became the second hero of devotions woohooo

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie