• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Marcszar's BATs

Started by marcszar, March 24, 2007, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

I can only find one problem that I fixed on my own in SC4tool, the Stahlman Apartments grow in low density.  Other than that, you have done an excellent job capturing my hometown for all it's architectural beauty!

XiahouDun

That looks amazing. I like the night lighting, it really helps the building stand out but not be overpowering &apls
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

ky72x

7x6, that's pretty large!  Well, its large size makes it easier to grow by using the Ctrl key.  A W2W sounds nice, I really like these types of industrial buildings.  I agree with you about the ones today, although some aren't too bad.  Either way, any new industrial creation is great in my book!  ;D

Your nightlights look excellent, keep it up!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle

Godzillaman

Wow! This stuff is amazing! :thumbsup: &apls
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

sebes

I realy love this building - and the large size is very welcome. It will fit great in W2W quarters from the first part of the 20nd century from my hometown.  So I agree, just add a loading alley to the platform-side.
If you are looking for ideas for the rest of the lot: set some walls and a gate with barrier around it, and some garbage containers on the property. In the front I guess it could do with just a wide sidewalk with 2 or 3 small trees, on the side of the building you could just make a alley to the loading zone, where the management park their cars on the side.... And maybe make a "back" intrance for larger trucks?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

ardecila

What material is the building?  It doesn't looks noisy enough for concrete (unless it was painted) and it's obviously not brick.  It can't be EIFS, since they didn't have that back in the 1920s-1930s.

jacqulina

TopCliff

Beautifully horrendous, if you know what I mean. I like the grittiness and the broken windows and such. Keep it up dude.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

rushman5

7x6, that's about right, if anyone wants to know where this was, it's at the corner of conway and light streets in downtown Baltimore, (parking lot for the Hyatt across the street) I don't live very far from it.  Very accurate, in fact it looks almost the same as my grandparent's picture of the building, taken in 1988.  It's not really w2w, however, it occupied a block all to itself, but about the texture dating, I'd whiten it up a little, since it was white concrete sort of mush stuff on the outside.  Was built in 1921, for Ardeclia.

Next thing I'd like to see is the Gunther Brewery across town

Sim Shady

I wouldnt whiten it up actually.  The game also washes out everything and bright white buildings ussually look terrible.  I think what he has now is fine :)

ardecila

Quote from: rushman5 on January 01, 2008, 08:13:51 AM
7x6, that's about right, if anyone wants to know where this was, it's at the corner of conway and light streets in downtown Baltimore, (parking lot for the Hyatt across the street) I don't live very far from it.  Very accurate, in fact it looks almost the same as my grandparent's picture of the building, taken in 1988.  It's not really w2w, however, it occupied a block all to itself, but about the texture dating, I'd whiten it up a little, since it was white concrete sort of mush stuff on the outside.  Was built in 1921, for Ardeclia.

Next thing I'd like to see is the Gunther Brewery across town

Thanks.  That area of downtown Baltimore must have really changed in the last 25 years.  I like the modern rowhouse neighborhood they built there, though (Harbor Walk, I think?)

I love Baltimore - I tried to make the Power Plant at the Inner Harbor a long time ago.  It didn't get anywhere, but I tried!  I also started Camden Station, which I never finished.

rooker1

Now that's not fair, teasing us like that.  How about a hint?
Great work on McCormick's, I love it.  And now these Row homes, super job my friend.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Strechnitz

Thatis wonderfull news on the Mc Cormick!

And I like the variety in the Brooklyn rowhouses.
They will come in very handy in my new workers quarters.

And whatever can your next project be? I am very curious. I hope ypu succeed with it :thumbsup:

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

mightygoose

evergreen terrace aye... that springfield not chicago....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

ky72x

8x8, so it'll probably be a CAMlot then, huh?  I can't wait to see that one up on the exchange.

Those rowhouses look great, they look like that they would blend very well with you NYC ones.  And that industrial project of your sounds very promising, I sure do hope that it goes well!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle

rushman5

Good to see these rowhouses!  Hopefully the warehouse will look as historical as the perfect rowhouses you've mastered

iamgoingtoeatyou

The rowhomes look incredible!

spa

Very snazzy looking rowhouses you have there. I can't come up with any suggestions.

Hogmeister

Those rowhomes remind me of the Glasgow sandstone tenements, which were built in the period from 1880 to 1914

Building Better Buildings Better

rooker1

As I have said to you many times before, "I Love your Work!" 
I can always use more New York style buildings for my slums.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.