• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Marcszar's BATs

Started by marcszar, March 24, 2007, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Quote from: marcszar on December 02, 2007, 02:40:15 AM
Time to revive this thread...  :D
(...)
and by the end of this year I hope to have all my old files up here on the LEX (And hopefully a few new ones as well).  ;)

Excellent Marc! I cannot imagine a better End-of-the-Year gift for all of us !
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

This is looking awesome.  I love all the details.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Krio

At the moment textures look too bright and clean, but modelling is awesome and well detailed  :thumbsup:

sebes

It's looking great!  :thumbsup:   I hope you'll also make some fences in front of the building (next to the steps) with some trashcans and maybe bikes parked?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

SC4BOY

Suppose anyone can find a functioning link for this download so I can get Deadwood's lot to work without a brown box? marcszar's McCormick and Company

Thanks

PS I've done some testing on all 3 versions of Lever House and like you have never had a problem with it.

BarbyW

McCormick and Company will be uploaded to the LEX when marcszar has time to do it. Until then I am afraid you will have to not use the Ministry of Garbage lot.

QuotePS I've done some testing on all 3 versions of Lever House and like you have never had a problem with it.

I am not sure quite what you mean by this. Can you explain yourself a bit better please as the above appears somewhat rude to me?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SC4BOY

Quote from: BarbyW on December 06, 2007, 07:21:49 AM
McCormick and Company will be uploaded to the LEX when marcszar has time to do it. Until then I am afraid you will have to not use the Ministry of Garbage lot.

I am not sure quite what you mean by this. Can you explain yourself a bit better please as the above appears somewhat rude to me?

This issue was discussed a couple of pages back in this thread.

BarbyW

It was your phraseology I was questioning. Perhaps you meant to say :" PS I've done some testing on all 3 versions of Lever House and, like you, have never had a problem with it."
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SC4BOY

Quote from: BarbyW on December 06, 2007, 09:26:35 AM
It was your phraseology I was questioning. Perhaps you meant to say :" PS I've done some testing on all 3 versions of Lever House and, like you, have never had a problem with it."

With or without commas, I see no other meaning to attach to my statement.. Additionally, if I were saying I had a problem, I believe I would have stated my problem. Sorry if this was confusing to you. As to being rude, I can't see that in any form.. but I guess like beauty this may be reflected in the eye of the beholder.   ;)

Certainly no offense was intended. When I intend to be offensive, I try to be very clear.. :)

SC4BOY

Excellent.. I wasn't really complaining, simply informing.. the answer "it isn't ready yet" is fine.. :)

PS: I did get it from the other link McCormick Link Working

Sim Shady

excellent quality addition to the LEX :)

btw, these are the same as your original uploads right? theres no updates or something that should prompt me to redownload these or something?

Im looking forwards to seeing what you can cook up over the break :)

mightygoose

that looks absolutely astounding.... beautiful work... and merry christmas.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

ardecila

Wow... that looks really good!  I don't think I've ever seen it in Baltimore (I go there at least once a year).  Is it still standing?

As for your issues with the shadows - what lighting rig are you using, and what rendering engine?

Jasoncw

It looks a million times better than the older version.   :)

About the shadows, they are actually a higher quality than the Gmax shadows.  From what I can tell you're using the same kind of light.  If you want a higher quality, you can look at what SimFox has written.  If you want me to I can send you the rig that I use I can do that.

If you go with a new lighting rig, you'll no longer need to deal with gradients at all.  The lighting effects would actually be made with light and you wouldn't need to fake them with textures.  And all of your industrial modeling would look even better than it does now.

I don't understand how you can use Rhino, lol.  I had to use Rhino to model a brick wall, and a stud wall assembly for construction class at the beginning of the year.  It took, like, 5 hours to do.  I could have done the entire thing in 15 minutes in 3ds Max.  I hate Rhino!   :bomb:

Sim Shady

Shadow Assassin

The modelling's great!

The window colour's too light, considering the use of this building. They should be made more grimy and less opaque.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

tag_one

Wonderful texture work, especially the roof looks great :thumbsup:.
About the night lights. The best thing you can do is making the windows transparent. An opacity of 60 or 70 should work fine depending of the specular level you use for the windows. Than you can model some interior and night light it with some spotlights. Watch out with using much omni's, they tend to increase your rendering time a lot. Hope this helps you a bit :)

callagrafx

And to expand on Tag_ones advice, do not use instances of lights when cloning, make sure you use the copy method, otherwise the B4M script will overblow the lighting...

A method I sometimes use (and this works if you've modelled for nightwindows where the panes are individually named) is the exclude function.  Simply place a spot aimed at the side of the building and use the exclude facility (located on the light modifier panel under general parameters) to select which objects to "ignore".  When the building is rendered, only the meshes that are not excluded (i.e. the night windows) will be lit.  This method means you can nightlight all four sides with just 4 target direct spots set to rectangular.  Watch the falloff though, and you may need to increase the multiplier.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Strechnitz

What can I say? I love and use all the bats you have made so far. I know, I am not being a helpful critic :D
And the new Mc Cormick will be a treasured addition to my industrial quarters once it is finished. I hope it worls out well! :thumbsup:

Strech
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

ky72x

I can't wait to see those windows when they are done.  Based on your past work, I expect them to be top-notch!  :D

I know it's probably way too early, but how big do you think the lot is going to be?  With the Coleman & Sons building you made a very large lot that included loading/unloading areas and parking lots in the back.  Do you think you'll do the same with this one?

Keep up the excellent work!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle