• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

Isn't SA working with that Freeway Experts group that was mentioned awhile back?

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Fatsuhono

Wow! Love the progress guys! However, IMO the white lines are a little too spaced out... I don't know though, I think American highways are that way, but you guys do it the way you want! :)

zakuten

In real life, they -are-, I guess it just doesn't look right in the mind's eye though.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

j-dub

You have been patiently sitting here in traffic, waiting for years of construction on this highway so it can be widened even more...
And now, for another teaser.

Notice how the opposing side of traffic has a way around down the center to get to the airport.
Don't you just love left lane sided ramps, it give us so much more options.

nerdly_dood

@ J-Dub: You might want to count those lanes again... Four on a side rarely equals ten... :D

Still, great use of the RHW there!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Patricius Maximus

That makes us all to want to be NAM Associates. Well done, j-dub.

Kitsune

v20 only avail a little while longer - makes the mid-november prediction I made at the very beginning look better and better.......
~ NAM Team Member

metarvo

Oh, my.  Alex is writing in red.  Watch out now! ;D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on November 02, 2008, 06:13:49 PM
That makes us all to want to be NAM Associates.

Actually, there's a lot more to the job that you don't see here.  It's not all fun and games... But I wish it was!  :P

Best,
-Haljackey

Patricius Maximus

QuoteActually, there's a lot more to the job that you don't see here.

I surmised that. With the NAM, there is always something going on "behind the scenes".

Apparently v20 will be locked soon... interesting....

blackedemon

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on November 03, 2008, 02:56:51 AM
I surmised that. With the NAM, there is always something going on "behind the scenes".

Apparently v20 will be locked soon... interesting....

And to quote Tarkus from Page 157..

Quote from: Tarkus on October 02, 2008, 04:37:00 PM
I would also advise that if you don't have the current RHW, but want to play with it before Version 21 comes out, download it now.  More than likely, just as I did last release, I'll lock the current files shortly before the release of the new version, to prevent potential conflicts.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Now it's just a matter of knowing how long 'shortly' is.

I spy v21 sometime soon!

Patricius Maximus

Well, it now says "Available only for a limited time longer" -- it didn't say that on October 2, so I 'assume' that it'll be locked soon.

Of course, assuming anything with Tarkus is the reverse of a self-fulfilling prophecy -- as soon as you assume he will do something, he does not do it because we assumed it (or something like that).

So, do not assume anything. It will almost certainly not come about if you do.

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

MassHelper

Well, our friends Alex, Jonathan, and many other NAM people are making a nice progress in the RHW Project.... It would not be a surprise if Tarkus himself wrtes a post in a month or two later, saying "v21 RHW is now officially available".

:) Mass

Note: They are all good modders, lotters, and RULers..
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

Jonathan

Woah I can't take any credit for the RHW, that's all Alex's Genius.

V21 is absolutely amazing, how much content is in it and how much work has been put into it by Alex :thumbsup:

Jonathan

metarvo

I guessed late November.  That still sounds pretty good to me.  I realize that a lot of us don't reside in the U.S.A., but this would make a good Thanksgiving surprise for those who do, and a good surprise period for those who don't.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

SusanMarie1956

-Susan Marie

bob56

You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

metarvo

Next, I predict that the warning will scroll.