• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

For some reason... putting MIS under flex fly on one end will make the guard rails disappear.... but it'll still be fully functional. The opposite end does not have this issue...

~ NAM Team Member

cookies

I don't know if this is a problem specific to me or not, but I have no paths on the diagonal RHW-8 to RHW-6 exit that lets traffic "in" to the highway:

Also, the MIS lanes have mismatched widths....

Tarkus

That issue has been more than fixed in the coming Version 5.0 release--we've completely replaced the entire texture set.

-Alex

cookies

Ah, I see, thank you, Alex.

Although, while we're on the topic of weird pathing... is this pathing intentional? It doesn't really follow the actual layout of the lanes, so much so that traffic merges far before the actual pavements merge.

ps2owner

While were on the subject of pathing issues, Putting an orthogonal street in between two diagonal RHW-4 gets you flashing Red arrows AKA a pathing error.

Tarkus

Quote from: cookies on August 09, 2011, 02:54:11 PM
Although, while we're on the topic of weird pathing... is this pathing intentional? It doesn't really follow the actual layout of the lanes, so much so that traffic merges far before the actual pavements merge.

Those paths date from RHW Version 2.0 when those paths were added.  The alignment of the textures changed a bit in later releases, but the pathing didn't, leading to that.  That particular piece was repathed for Version 5.0 to conform to the new textures--most other instances you'll find of that phenomenon have also been fixed.

Quote from: ps2owner on August 09, 2011, 03:47:03 PM
While were on the subject of pathing issues, Putting an orthogonal street in between two diagonal RHW-4 gets you flashing Red arrows AKA a pathing error.

Heh . . . first time I've ever actually seen someone use that intersection. :D  I've replicated your issue and will begin fixing it.  I probably won't release a patch given the proximity to the next release.

-Alex

ps2owner

How about diagonal RHW-4 starters? Would come in handy. Sure you can use filler pieces, but they don't have lights on them with the RHW light mod.

jdenm8

Actually, one kind already exists as part of the Diag RHW-4 Type A Ramp (and the other kind as part of the new Diag RHW-4 Type B Ramp).

Demolish most of the piece and there are two little Diag RHW-4 stubbies there.  :thumbsup:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

Actually, the diag starters don't have the same bulldoze fix that the ortho starters do, so you'll need to draw out the network before demolishing the ramp.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

skyhigh

Quote from: Tarkus on August 09, 2011, 11:59:45 PM
I probably won't release a patch given the proximity to the next release.

-Alex

I see  ::)  :D

the7train

Is there any mod that enables two RHW bridges (or OWRs) on adjacent tiles? Thanks!

jdenm8

marsh

It might be possible actually. Rather than use 2 separate bridges, make 1 bridge using a maxis highway as the network for it with the base being that of a RHW. (Someone did it with a suspension bridge)

the7train

Thanks for your responses. I thought I read someone say it was possible somewhere on the site so figured I'd ask.

jdenm8

BLueLightning made it, though it has no public LHD support (LHD support files were made, but they were never included).

pimmapman

jdenm8

apeguy

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Tarkus

Come to think of it, I don't know why that bridge even requires separate LHD paths aside from the fact that there's lines in the Network INI in the UK Path Remapping section that are forcing the issue.  The bridge carries two-way traffic on a dual-tile network and there's no weird directionality issue like on the one-way RHW bridges (like the unreleased Maxis Highway-based RHW-8S and 10S bridges) that should require special paths.  I may just comment out/delete those lines in the Network INI and see if that works.

-Alex

wallasey

Quote from: ps2owner on August 10, 2011, 07:17:33 AM
How about diagonal RHW-4 starters? Would come in handy. Sure you can use filler pieces, but they don't have lights on them with the RHW light mod.

I thought the light mod was outdated by a few versions??

Getting by with using the ploppables!