• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierrebaptiste

Hi mrtnrln !

You have made a good job for RHW  &apls

But I have a problem with the NAM RHW V5 . I have uninstalled NAM V4 ( not V4.1 , but V4.0  , I have never installed V4.1 version ) . And after i the game I don't found curve piece 45° for motorway RHW6S in menu . ( My game is in LHD ) Have an idea ?  ()what()

Thanks

Ramona Brie

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on September 17, 2011, 02:12:45 PM
Hi mrtnrln !

But I have a problem with the NAM RHW V5 . I have uninstalled NAM V4 ( not V4.1 , but V4.0  , I have never installed V4.1 version ) . And after i the game I don't found curve piece 45° for motorway RHW6S in menu . ( My game is in LHD ) Have an idea ?  ()what()

Thanks

There is no wide radius curve for the RHW-6S, at least in what I have.

Mr.Sixty

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on September 17, 2011, 02:12:45 PM
Hi mrtnrln !

Thanks

That is because the curves and diagonals aren't puzzle pieces anymore. They are fully draggable.

MandelSoft

The smooth curves I used where actually a combination of FAR curve pieces for the RHW-6C, not 6S. You can find them under the FARHW button. For the RHW-6S there are no smooth curves (even though I would like some).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

PlaneCrash12000

I'm really liking the new RHW so far, But I have a problem... I don't know why but I can't get a RHW-6S to vow under an elevated FlexSPUI  bridge exit thing. It just turn into a RHW4. I tried it with the RHW-8 and it worked just fine...

Tarkus

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 17, 2011, 02:05:54 PM
That's odd. Seems like I should be checking texture IIDs again. The bug didn't show at my end...

Switch the texture IID on model 0x5B003000-4 to 0x5B0030CA-E--that should correct it.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

You know what's missing? Some of the RHW-NWM Transitions and a RHW-3 to RHW-4 and MIS transition (Though the latter would probably be planned for 5.1)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Quote from: PlaneCrash12000 on September 17, 2011, 03:06:21 PM
I'm really liking the new RHW so far, But I have a problem... I don't know why but I can't get a RHW-6S to vow under an elevated FlexSPUI  bridge exit thing. It just turn into a RHW4. I tried it with the RHW-8 and it worked just fine...

The RHW-6S under ElFlexSPUI RULs were a mess for a long time (It'd revert to ERHW-6S after the intersection), it doesn't surprise me they're still a little buggy.

Where are you dragging it through? Not many networks are compatible with going under the repeater section (RHW-4 is though). I know RHW-6S under the piece itself works as I tested it extensively.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

drjumbajookiba

I solved My problem

all i did was Unistall Simcity 4 then I reinstalled it and The RHW NAM NWM :thumbsup:
Live Out loud For God

Carny

Hi guys.
I follow this thread from years (even without posting almost everything for most of the time, because of my "not so good" english) and, first of all, i have to thanks you all for your incredible work on this new NAM version. RHW5 is amazing with all this new possibilities and i'm still studing all the new options i have now for my cities networks. &apls :)
Now, some little bugs:

This new narrow exit is great but textures doesn't match with any other puzzle piece of MIS or TULEPs. I hope the "interruption" is only a texture's problem, but anyway I still didn't test that in UDI mode.

I noticed also there isn't a way to build curves of ERHW6S and ERHW6S, plus there aren't NWM under ERHW puzzle pieces . So the question: maybe this features are planned to be released with some "add-on" or an update of the rhw5 in next weeks?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

jdenm8

Quote from: Carny on September 18, 2011, 12:37:06 AM
This new narrow exit is great but textures doesn't match with any other puzzle piece of MIS or TULEPs. I hope the "interruption" is only a texture's problem, but anyway I still didn't test that in UDI mode.
It's not very well explained unless you read the whole readme I think, but they're designed to be plopped over an RHW-4 Type A or Type B exit, not on a straight section of RHW-4.

I noticed also there isn't a way to build curves of ERHW6S and ERHW6S, plus there aren't NWM under ERHW puzzle pieces.
At the moment, the ERHW-6es aren't designed to curve. These networks were included on my suggestion (If I remember right) and are simply polished versions of orthogonal prototypes made over the years.
As far as I'm aware, they are planned to get diagonal functionality in a future version.

As for NWM under RHW, try dragging it. If it doesn't work, then it's not currently supported.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 18, 2011, 01:03:05 AM
It's not very well explained unless you read the whole readme I think, but they're designed to be plopped over an RHW-4 Type A or Type B exit, not on a straight section of RHW-4.

They also aren't designed to line up with MIS diagonal fillers or TuLEPs.

I noticed also there isn't a way to build curves of ERHW6S and ERHW6S, plus there aren't NWM under ERHW puzzle pieces.
At the moment, the ERHW-6es aren't designed to curve. These networks were included on my suggestion (If I remember right) and are simply polished versions of orthogonal prototypes made over the years.
As far as I'm aware, they are planned to get diagonal functionality in a future version.

As for NWM under RHW, try dragging it. If it doesn't work, then it's not currently supported.
[/quote]

Generally speaking, any NWM network under any ERHW-2, ERHW-6S, ERHW-6C, or DDRHW-4 will not work.  Just the ERHW-4 and EMIS.  That functionality will be expanded in the future, however.

-Alex

Carny

QuoteIt's not very well explained unless you read the whole readme I think, but they're designed to be plopped over an RHW-4 Type A or Type B exit, not on a straight section of RHW-4.

Ok, i got it. It's a way to add an exit-lane to those RHW4 Exits originally without an exit-lane. This's a great solution for compacts interchanges as i like. :)

QuoteAt the moment, the ERHW-6es aren't designed to curve. These networks were included on my suggestion (If I remember right) and are simply polished versions of orthogonal prototypes made over the years.
Ok,then i have only to wait for the future.

Thanks Jdenm8 and Tarkus for your useful explanations. :)

thornyjohny

I wasn't home for a few days, so I found out about the new releases today :-[.
Thank you so much, NAM Team!  &apls &apls &apls

gn_leugim

I have found this little issue on RHW3. the starter piece has its paths right but the draggable part has the paths inverted. here is a picture:

MandelSoft

It looks you still have the RHW v3.0 or v4.x installed. Those are the old textures.

riiga

Regarding Euro textures, I've been working on a set primarily for the RHW-2, but I've now started on RHW-4 as well. It's still very much work in progress and lots of textures are yet to be done. Here are some pics:

Intersections:

RHW-3:

RHW-2 ramps:

RHW-4:

Cosmetic pieces for RHW-2:

Comments are welcome!  ;)

MandelSoft

Looks really nice! If it's not too much trouble, can you also make a version with solid outer lines (that would be more regular in the rest of Europe)? Oh, and I see some puzzle pieces require color correction.

Shadow Assassin

First bits have been done for RHW 5.1:

and...

Take a guess what the second piece is great for.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Dexter

Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?