• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

I guess the empty grass fields are merely used as filler lots. Otherwise, the lots look excellent ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

FrankU

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 01, 2011, 11:31:06 AM
I guess the empty grass fields are merely used as filler lots.

Of course they are!  :bomb:

Thanks for the compliment!  :)

Jack_wilds

I like 'em they all look good to me...  :thumbsup: I hope that the rewards aren't set too high  :P ::)... I particularly like the church lower-left 1st picture... I'll be watching for 'em on the stex...Jack

bat

FrankU

They are on the STEX!

Here!

Reward properties are identical to the Maxis houses of Worship, so the conditions are identical too.

Thanks for the compliments.

mrbisonm

downloaded and tried them ingame.....funtastic, all 3 look  better than the original ones.

I am rendering all the farmprops that I made....and going nuts while doing it, resizing and refinetuning them....lol. Much more time consuming than I thought, but surely worthwhile, the choice is immense... ;)

I have decided to make two datfiles with this set, one for the mainbuildings and one for the accessories, such as manure pits, haystacks and silos etc. this way one can enjoy one or the other or both.

I should have finished the first pack by the next weekend, rendering the main buildings, three to five a day.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

FrankU

After someone's request on the STEX I decided to add landmark versions to the Dutch Churches. You can find them separately on the STEX.
There was nothing else to do anyway, since Fred is still working on his Modern Farm Props set.
As long as I have to wait for him I guess I will be fooling around with rewards and maybe some other landmarks that don't need his props.

A discreet question: is anyone of you actually using my lots?

Jack_wilds

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on September 06, 2011, 12:53:11 PM
There was nothing else to do anyway, since Fred is still working on his Modern Farm Props set.

Sorry for letting you wait, but geeeez.....it takes a long time to render and I am not always beside my computer every hour..... Do my best... ;)

QuoteA discreet question: is anyone of you actually using my lots?

Well, some of them I am using, you will see them some time in the futur in my CJ/MD. Just look at the numbers downloaded, that tells you if they are used or not. ;)

Fred

FrankU

Quote from: mrbisonm on September 06, 2011, 09:12:32 PM
Quote from: FrankU on September 06, 2011, 12:53:11 PM

Sorry for letting you wait, but geeeez.....it takes a long time to render and I am not always beside my computer every hour..... Do my best... ;)

Sure I know that! It was not meant to make you hurry. Please take your time.  ;)
It even has the advantage that I am making lots now that I had never thought of (maybe) if your props had been available already. Filling my time with lotting is in no way boring! I even discover that at the moment lotting is more fun than playing the game.

And I can't wait to see MD's or images with my lots on them.

FrankU

So I did some thinking.

When my farms are finished, installed and all over your countryside.
When your Sims are happy and bought themselves the first Dutch Church.
When the Mayor is residing in his Dutch estate.

What more would be appropriate then to start their own Farmers Market?

Well, if they like, they can have it. They can trade their wheat, cheese, tomatoes, flowers, wool, horses and Dutch souvenirs.

This is my proposal to their market. To keep the children busy while pop and mom are shopping I added a carousel.

Front

Side

Night view

Do you like?

Jack_wilds

I like it... :thumbsup: it has a rural feel and a touch of a county fair added for flavor...

perhaps one ought to be a brick base as this is and one that is dirt-earth base with the greenery growing as it does in such venues... and then to maybe, expand on the county fair notion but keep it on the small side with a few simple rides, livestock judging, and a couple eats stand -one for 4H  :)...  :D

...almost makes me homesick &mmm; I liked going to the county fair even if it was kinda lame sometimes...

and then you'll have to make a grange hall for the 'county buyers and sellers association' to conduct business in  ;) I'll stop here...

Jack

kelis

Your last works are amazing, Very Dutch and very realistic ! Keep up the good work mate  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

bat

This market is looking wonderful! Looking forward to download it...

FrankU

Thanks for the comments.

Jack, your remark of brick made me realise that in a Dutch situation this market should be on a brick square. Also I realised that with horses on the market there should be at least one horse trailer. So I am going to edit the lot when I find time. Would you like to have the market in several base textures? It isn't too hard to release it in several versions. Just remember: it's Maxis reward that is replaced, so there can be only one market at the same time.

Next on the list is the State fair. I am planning to edit that into some kind of country fair in the backyard of a farm. So there will be a farm with barns, a lot of flags, stalls, sheep, horses, cows. And visitors of course. A tractor show, maybe a roundabout and a trampoline for the kids. Something like that.

Edit and addition, Tuesday

Here it is in brick

And at night

And they are on the STEX! Both of them in one upload.

Jack_wilds

well you uploaded before I got to comment further... :D... any way I like the fix with the brick base and I also like the other generic base and I also would like a 'dirt' grassy sort of base... then the additions also gave it more life...  :thumbsup:

As for the county/ country fair plans, it sounds all well-n-good and promising... Here in WIS there is a festival called Farm Progress Days -google it to see what I mean, its a festival that is 'sponsored' by a farmer to host it on his farm and it moves to a different farm site over the state every year... it has a country fair feel and it concerns all things agriculture in point of fact is more a trade fair than a country fair BUT the fair stuff is also included -food and eats and horse drawn wagons and rides and much much more... as I said, google it to get a feel for it... also google my favorite county fair is Central WI Fair in Marshfield WI as it features the worlds largest/ oldest still functioning round barn... its just more stuff for inspiration

Jack

FrankU

Hi Jack,

Yeah, I was thinking: am I going too fast? No comments and still uploading? But I thought: what the heck, I am quite happy with the lot as it is, and while everything can always be improved, it is not my goal to become perfect. Which is, as you know, impossible anyway.
So I uploaded it.
A third version is not a problem at all, but we have a very organised, you could even say perfectionist, country and we do not have markets on sandy unpaved areas. So it would not be very Dutch to have one of those. Sorry for that.  ;)

------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday evening I have started lotting the third set of Windmills.
For this set I use the Wipmolen by Meurdoos.

You can find the lot on the STEX.

It is my aim to make them functional as water source. This is a piece of cake with SC4-Pim (hail to Wouanagaine!)
There is one problem though. Meurdoos added a waterwheel to the model. You can see it in his own image above. A waterwheel is supposed to be placed in the water. It is driven by this water, so that it can produce power. We call this a watermill. Why put something like that on a windmill? It is no use for moving the water up to a higher level (one of the main functions for Dutch windmills).
What should I do?
Meurdoos ignored the wheel altogether. Maybe I should do that too? Putting it in a ditch is looking stupid. I tried yesterday. The lot looks nice, but it is not correct.... &mmm

Advice please?

mrbisonm

I downloaded the model and had a closer look at it in the LE. To be honest, I cannot seem to find the waterwheel that you mentioned.
There's a form of a ladder in the back, but that doesn't look like the wheel, and I have no idea what it is supposed to be neither.
So, in your place I would simply ignore that part of the mill and go ahead with the lotting anyways.
It is a windmill, no doubt, so use it as such. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Frankiboy.....So that you don't think that I stopped existing , or have abandonned the MFP Project, here are some news:

I just about to finish the building part of the rendering. It was long, geeeez.....so darn long. Now I will do the rest, which will only be scaled and then rendered and which should take a little less time.

The buildings had to be changed, all of them, scaling and making higher walls, creating doors and windows within the walls instead of placing them on top of them, changing and adjusting textures (that alone was quite a job) and some minor details, etc....In other words, I had to spend some 2 to 3 hours each, not including the rendering, to get them good looking and to my satisfaction. It's like re-modeling the whole set. But I learned with this, next time I will create my models from the beginning in the right scale with the right details and all the texture adjustments, concentrate on one by one model at a time and render it as soon as it becomes ready.
;)

I believe that it will be a freaking nice Farming Propack for those who love the farming and agricultural part of the game.

Hope you're still patient... &Thk/(

Fred

Edit:  Well, I just finished rendering all the buildings and started testing them in the LE and then ingame first before including them into the .datfile. I realized that 4 out of "I don't know how many models and I don't feel right now to count them" didn't render properly and came out all "strange looking 2d images".

I have to re-render these this weekend. Bummer, and I thought that this was all done..... &mmm

Anyways....they look good sofar. ;)

Fred