• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

Once again I'm amazed by your skills.  Excellent work once again &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Lilojame

Hi there Patrick, my friend! You are welcome. ;)

The update looked nice but I have to say that I did loved the animation evenmore. The choice of music was great and hey, you have a very nice voice, if I may say so. Wonderfuly done!  &apls

EDITED: Congrats on your "over 1000" posts in you MD Patrick and congrats to blade2k5 who brought it to Pat!  :thumbsup: &apls

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

SO it be Done!!!!

Reply #1000 on: Today at 04:37:35 PM

Thank you Troy for making the 1000th post here in Waterfalls... 

Now Comes the fun part what would you like my friend? Just let me know what you would want and I will get it for you... What ever lemme know and I will honor your request as you have made the 1K post!!

Now lets get some other replies done and out of the way....

Quote from: Lilojame on November 16, 2008, 02:19:54 PM
Hi there my friend!

I like the sections you have shown thus far very much and I sincerly enjoy every visit here in Waterfalls!  :thumbsup:

I am confident that you will hit the mark even sooner!  ;)

Hm, the possible reward... I dont know, but you might dedicate an update to the one that hits it? Just a thought....

Karin: Hey there Karin thank you and I just might do that, I will though wait and see what Troy can think of... I have such great supporters here and I cant believe I hit the mark and over it now wow!!!

Quote from: paroch on November 16, 2008, 02:48:11 PM
Hey Pat,

The river is really coming to life now.  Chris Adams flora set is a really great one, and you're using it very nicely indeed.

All the best,

Paul

Paul: Thank you Paul and I know I am using Chris's stuff to the max for sure!!!

Quote from: JBSimio on November 16, 2008, 05:02:28 PM
I see that I left you speechless...  :D  Now you know how I usually feel coming in here!  ;)

Hope the work on Sunday isn't (wasn't?) too terrible and I'll see you for the next installment...  :thumbsup:

JB

Jon: LoL Jon yess you did indeed leave me speachless, god that is scary lol... Naw I did finish my first response to you... Anyways no work wasnt to bad but loooooooooooooong, I do hope you like the movie update!!!

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 16, 2008, 05:44:45 PM
Lookin' sweet as always Pat :thumbsup:  Looks like a nice place to fish on a warm spring day ;D

Troy: Thank you soo much Troy and yess I couldnt agree more with you on that!!! Hey we should get together during the summer and just fish one day!!

Quote from: papab2000 on November 16, 2008, 05:52:47 PM
Very nice Pat  :thumbsup: I think blade is right, some fishing for Trout sounds real good.  ;)

Rich:  oooo now Trout sounds fun, you should come on down and join us!!!  ;)

Quote from: JBSimio on November 16, 2008, 07:38:29 PM
Once again... it looks very nice, Pat!  I suppose that comes as no big surprise anymore though...  ::)

I really like the continued look of the "marshy" areas along the river... it almost looks like an infestation of cattails in that first picture.  The second picture actually reminds me a bit of the creek behind my house with all those rocks.  The rapids end rather abruptly, but I'm sure if there was a solution to that, you of all people would have used it... so I would imagine that's more of a game limitation than anything else.

Welcome home!   :D

JB

Jon: I cant believe it twice in one day, dang I must be doing something special lol....Thank you and yes I know I gotten a tad bit overcattailed lol... I do hope the movie better shows off the rapids  ;)

Quote from: bat on November 17, 2008, 05:54:23 AM
Like always great pictures of that river!!
And congrats on 50 pages... &apls

(5 more replies and Waterfalls has 1000!)

Bat: Thank you my friend, I do hope you like the movie!!!

Quote from: paroch on November 17, 2008, 12:23:56 PM
Great riverbanks as always Pat.  I would have liked to hang back and aim for that magic post number 1,000 but with the time difference and all I suspect I'll miss it.

Enjoy breaking that milestone!!

Paul

Paul: I wish you could have been here for that milestone but I do hope to see you back soon and thank you for your support my friend!!!

Quote from: papab2000 on November 17, 2008, 02:15:34 PM
Pat,

Great update using the video.  :thumbsup: Very cool  ;)

Rich: Thank you Rich and if you browse threw my youtube profile you will see all the past video's Ive done....

Quote from: threestooges on November 17, 2008, 02:37:11 PM
Nice little video update Pat. They seem like they are a bit more work, but this is an interesting way to show off you works. The scrolling was a bit stuttery (but that may have just been my connection). Nice update and nice way to thank your supporters. Oh, by the way, one more to go...
-Matt

Matt:  My main man Matt thank you for opening up that door to the 1K Mark WOW!!! Ehhh no I am affraid the bouncing is on my end I tried to steady the game recorder as much as possible to get the perfect annimation.. That was the part that took the longest was thanking everyone who has supported me over the past almost 2 yrs here, lemme tell you what its a blast to see some of those names and then I wonder how RL is treating them?

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 17, 2008, 02:37:35 PM
Once again I'm amazed by your skills.  Excellent work once again &apls

Troy: What more can I say man but your the man!!! Like I said on top of the post its up to you what type special reward you would like for making the 1K Mark!!!

Quote from: Lilojame on November 17, 2008, 02:38:06 PM
Hi there Patrick, my friend! You are welcome. ;)

The update looked nice but I have to say that I did loved the animation evenmore. The choice of music was great and hey, you have a very nice voice, if I may say so. Wonderfuly done!  &apls

EDITED: Congrats on your "over 1000" posts in you MD Patrick and congrats to blade2k5 who brought it to Pat!  :thumbsup: &apls

Karin: Hey Karin thank you soo very much and yes you may say so!!!  Thank you as well Karin for now bringing me over the 1,000 post mark!!! As some would say closing the door to the past and now with your post we can all look forward to the next 1,000 post!!!

Again my most sincerst heartfelt thank you to everyone who has posted here in Waterfalls... From when I didnt know what I was going to call my MD to now running into almost 2 yrs in production!!! Why I am continuning is cause of the great support of you all!!!

Thank you again your Waterfalls... MD Aurthor,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Lets see...what does I wants?.......How about the sky and everything underneath it? :party: :D...just kidding of course, world domination ain't my thing $%Grinno$%  I dunno, I'll have to think about it for awhile......

....oh, in case you haven't noticed yet, you only need 997 more replies to hit the 2k mark :P

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

JBSimio

Another very nice video Pat!   &apls 

Response to your replies...  You're right, I definitely sit at the computer... I spend enough time on my feet in the kitchen, and that doesn't even count the very hilly walk I have to take each morning to get there!  I know exactly what you mean about long days.  This week is a fairly small group (which makes things nice and easy) but it doesn't change the fact that I'm at work for 15 hours or more each time for the next several days.  I don't think you overdid that cattails at all... in fact, if that's what you were aiming for, then it means that I've had two very good guesses in the last week!  I simply meant to say that it was the first thing that came to my mind.  Actually, I'm still trying to finish off Walnut Hills State Park east of Covington... and you're flooding (no pun intended) me with ideas.   :)

I wanted to be one of the four replies you needed to reach that magical number... but unfortunately, I couldn't watch the video on my work computer.  (Apparently I'm missing a plugin of some sort, but that's beside the point)  In fact, I'm off to watch Paul's newest video next!  :D  You were right... the rapids show up much better in the animation.  The whole river (or is it a creek?) looks extremely good.  Congratulations on hitting the millenium milestone!   :thumbsup:

See you next time,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

That's a great looking video there!
And congrats on over 1000 replies!!! &apls &apls

paroch

CONGRATS Pat on being only the third MD here at Devotions to break that magic 1,000 mark.  You put a hell of a lot into Waterfalls so it is fully deserved.

Loved the video, nice to see your river "come to life", I really enjoyed seeing it.

And WOW, what a list of supporters.  You should be proud to have had so many people drop in and say something about your work.  And I agree ALL LURKERS - PLEASE POST, even if only to say HI!

Good luck with the next 1,000 replies Pat.

Paul

Simpson

Two fantastic pictures my friend as well, also congratulation for having 1000 posts in your super MD  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

papab2000

Way to go Pat,  &apls looking forward to seeing you get to 2k  ;)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Jmouse

Congratulations on entering the "1000 Club," Pat. Nice pics of the newest water creations, too.

Later...Joan

Pat

OK after the movies its now time for some more pictures... I kinda messed up when I was going to post the movie but hey it worked out for the better lol.... Anyways we will now be taking a diffrent angle here on the pics, so if they are looking the same well kinda sorta but you will be looking at the creek from a diffrent prespecitive!!!

So now without further ado here we gooooooooooo..........................................

I did go in game last night and well lets see I started to play around 10 pm cst and I didnt finish playing till ooooh about 5 am lol whoopsie  :D :D :D Anyways I did rework this area and took the great suggestion I did get to improve this fall and marsh area... At 5 am I totally had spaced taking any pics and well I havent been back to get them but I will after I finish off these round of pic's.... So Wednesday will be a good size update from me and till then see you all later...

Here [linkie] is a new episode of the podcast and if you havent heard it yet, go and check it out!!! I Know You Wanna Hear It!!!  Also something new from me is Dear Pat errr Doc Pat here [linkie] in the forum game's... A great Idea from our friendly Tea Cat and I would urge you to ask me something  ;D

So till tomorrow!!!!

Pat

Ps also if you notice the posting time of this update it was on purpose lol, errr well really not but hey its sound funny!!! 11/17 @ 11:17 pm

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Hey there Patrick!
I have to say that the creek looks good from this angle to. :thumbsup:
Definetly looking foward to see the update (give me a slight nudge when you post it  :D).

Have fun!
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Pat

As I did promiss here is the massive update with alot to look at!!! I will do replies later, but for now without further ado here we goo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so that concludes what I had done and remember that Tomorrow is Thursday and its Double Shot Thursday and will see you all later ~~~

Patrick

metarvo

[/lurk]

All right, Pat, you've lured me out of lurking :-[ in this MD.  I might have to catch up for a while, but I do plan to follow Waterfalls now.  The work that I've seen is quite impressive.  It sounds like I could really learn something from this MD.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

:'( I always must to say the same thing: it's beautiful ::). This lake is really superb and réalistic my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Lilojame

Hey there my firend!
Another exscelent update! I realy like the lake! :thumbsup:
Looking foward to see more!

blade2k5

Looking good as always Pat :thumbsup:  I bet the grass near the river banks are glad they have water to drink now :D 

Oh hey!  Almost forgot.  You only have 983 more replies to go to 2000 :P

papab2000

Looks good Pat  :thumbsup: All you need is some ducks  ;) a shot gun and a BBQ  ;D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

bat

Great new pictures there of your river and waterfalls, Pat!! :thumbsup: