• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

QuoteSince SC4T has an overview map, it should be possible to have a straight overview. Just turn off the water rendering, or it'll look odd.

Heh!  I'm a bit out in front of you, Shadow, on that one.  Here's the output from SC4TF with a custom (i.e.: white) color map.

And here is that output run through a wonderful freeware program called WinTopo [linkie].

Now, I've conferred with Stephane (wouanagaine) about a couple of things.  First, he says the max elevation of the view camera in SC4TF...

...btw, Dustin (thundercrack83), you control that using various key combinations- from the SC4TF instructions-

QuoteNavigations and Shortcuts
  • Use the ARROW KEYS to move around
  • Use the CONTROL KEY and the ARROW KEYS to rotate the camera
  • Using the Mouse wheel will raise or lower the camera
  • Pressing + or - will raise or lower the camera
  • Pressing SHIFT key when moving or rotating will slow the displacment
  • If you check the Edge scrolling, moving the mouse pointer near the edge will scroll
  • Press G will turn the grid on/off
  • Press CTRL-S to save
  • Press CTRL-SHIFT-S to take a picture
  • Press CTRL-O to open a region
  • Press CTRL-N to create a new region
  • Press ALT-F4 to quit

...is 89.9 degrees, which is, as far as I'm concerned, close enought to straight down for gum'mit work, as they say.

Now, God Stephane has also indicated he will look into the issue of whether the cliff shading (grey areas in pic 1) and shadow highlight (white blotches on the northwest side of hills/mountains in the same pic) might be made user customizable (i.e., turn them on and off) in future versions of the TerraFormer.  That would be majorly cool for map freaks (like me!).

Anyway, working on the collaboration side today.  Big developments there shortly.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Well, I'm an idiot! I guess reading the instructions tends to help, doesn't it? Thanks for giving me the heads-up, though, David. I appreciate it! Also, I'll be awaiting the big news on the collaboration front, too!

Thanks again,

Dustin

Jmouse

Moving has kept me pretty busy since December, so I haven't had time to follow the odyssey that is 3RR as much as I'd like. I still haven't seen everything there is to see, but what I have seen is absolutely breathtaking. Never mind that it makes me want to blow up my ugly little region and start over  :D!
Anyway, I just stopped by to add my compliments to the many you've already received  :thumbsup:. Maybe I'll be able to catch up before the next update, but either way, I'll be anxiously waiting.

Joan

bat

that are other wonderful maps! :thumbsup:

Travis

Nice topo maps, David, and that was a neat post about pat's summit too, I love the gazetteer entries. I'll be waiting for more.

Later.  :thumbsup:

PS. That's a great map too, barnatom!

dedgren

3RR Collaboration Update!!!

Thomas (barnatom) prepared a great map that shows the location of the various quads that will be under development by the team.

We're workoing on selecting the common plugins (MODs, BATs, LOTs, plops and all that stuff) as this is written.  Quad Admin/Planners are chomping at the bit.

This is just about finally underway!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Excellent maps (especially the last one as it really puts the scale/scope into perspective). I for one am certainly ready to go.

BigSlark

Love the topo maps and collaboration overview map. I, too, am ready to go.

Cheers,
Kevin

mightygoose

oooooooooooooooh i have been waiting for that for ages.... that is fantastic
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

This is great! Outstanding job, Thomas! Now I can start brainstorming...

meldolion

Great map!! Thanks!
I'm starting to download the plugins... :)

Tarkus

More maps--alright! :thumbsup:  Thomas, thanks for the map you did up--helps put things in context a little more. ;)

-Alex

mightygoose

hey tarkus, fancy putting in a 70's bypass in our neck of the woods, plus ooh i get a railway line....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

flame1396

I think it would be awesome to contribute to this CJ which I've lurked on so often (maybe replied on ST, don't remember).

If the CBD hanst been taken yet... I love making downtown cores. And am good at it. Though as for the common plugins setup. I'd like some free reign when it comes to towers (I like tall but not megatall)

Here's a sample.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/MedievalKnieval/Brentwood-DowntownComplete1.jpg  (URL so as not to hijack.)

If you want a skyscraper jungle (I hope not ;) yuck) I'm not your man. If you want reasonable amounts of sunken transit and realism, I hope I'm chosen. I can work with limited plugins. But I'd like to have a police station with a very large coverage (not inaccurate I might add) and embankment sets for sunken and a couple seawall sets. I'm sure I need not mention the NAM.

And if not the CBD... I'd go for a flat quad with a railroad line and (if I can be so lucky) a river... Either that or Iron Hook if it isnt taken (and has a small town planned for it).
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Unkles27

alright, glad to see that everythings progressing! I've been at a friends lake house for the past week celebrating the end of the school year so I'm catching up on what I missed. Hope to get started soon!

bat

wonderful map, Thomas! &apls :thumbsup:

Pat

Ya know's i noticed i didn't say anything here at lately even after "Pats Summit" prev. page (linkie)
Man im slacking something baddd, lol. But anyways I'm honoured to have made my mark here at 3RR and to be a normal visitor. David the last few maps are just way too awsome and what hard work has gone on here.  Keep it up!!!! - Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jacqulina

hello my friend this is wonderfull work you have done im just catching up posting lol,excellent work and pics &apls &apls

Heinz

im here! and everything has been going well from the looks of things here. i hope i havent been slacking too much here cause of RL stuff. relatives from New Jersey are over at our place here so i've been doing tour guide duties thats why i havent had much time to check up on things. they leave on saturday so everything will be back to normal then. see you

dedgren

What do you do when the best available SC4 airport runways are too narrow and don't run at 45 degree angles?

...you'll find out shortly...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...