• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

Haven't you tried the new stuff by cycledogg???He made some new bushy things & weeds in his prop pack-they would help the fences.

EDIT: Jayo, hey!  Which specific C.P. prop pack are you referring to?  Thanks. -DE
I'm back

bat

Yes, the farms are looking really great!! Great work, David! :thumbsup:

Giligone

Hot diggity! Those are soem splendid farms. I see what you are saying on being neat and orderly, but still. They blow me away!  ;D

dedgren

Just a bit more eyecandy as I work on a few things this morning...

Here, a country primary road departs from the old "grid" alignment and curves south towards...

...a recently built bridge over a creek.  The start of the s-curve to rejoin the former alignment can be seen at the south end of the bridge.

See you here later today with some new stuff.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Two very nice pictures! Beautiful work there, David!
Looking forward to more...

mightygoose

im curious as to ho you got a bridge there.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Lovely bridge, David! I can't wait to see what it is you're planning for us upon your return!

Dustin

Pat

Im stuck David, Cant wait for later  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

When the corn is as high...

...as an elephant's eye!

Quoteim curious as to how you got a bridge there.....

That's the old "Rain Tool" land bridge trick, described at this [linkie], my friend.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

SUPER BRILLIANT, is just a small proportion of what I could say about your creations

Thankyou for being a genius...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Well, I'm just bumping this along today.

Here's a taste of what I've been playing with, and where I've finally landed after working through a bunch of alternatives.

Late Spring

Early Summer

Fall

Winter (always my favorite)

Just listen to the cicadas buzz...

The bottom of the fencelines need some grass, bushes and duff to break up the regularity.  These lots are still really preliminary, but I know where I'm headed.  I'm happy to informally share them as we continue to move along- PM me a hotmail or other email address and I'll send them on.  I'd also love to see suggestions and experiments.

Still time for more 3RR tonight.  We purchased a Blu-Ray player [linkie] and the first movie we bought (Pan's Labyrinth- directed by the guy who Peter Jackson has hired to do The Hobbit [linkie]) was the wrong HD format.   ()sad()

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

TheTeaCat

Wow nice work you've done there &apls

Shame about the wrong format but you got to play  :D :D :D

I saw you comment about Hedgerows and thought there were summat that was missing too so ...
this might peak your interest hedgerow linkie. :D

maybe they might be of some use to you  or maybe not.

Anyhows love what you do here and got this reply in promptly   ::) :D

Kettle's on fancy a brew?

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

one word David Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Things are quite busy around here today, David! I like it, I like it!

The farms through the seasons look amazing, and I think I agree with you, the winter does look the best. Usually, I'm a sucker for the fall because of the leaves changing colors, but the fields and bare trees in the winter just look outstanding.

Also, sorry to hear about your Blu-Ray woes, too. I will tell you, though, the Blu-Ray player is definitely worth it, especially with that nice TV you showed us earlier this week. I got a new TV and Blu-Ray between Christmas and New Year's and I couldn't be more pleased. Enjoy, my friend! But not too much, you're needed here, too!

Dustin

Shadow Assassin

Quotethe first movie we bought (Pan's Labyrinth- directed by the guy who Peter Jackson has hired to do The Hobbit [linkie]) was the wrong HD format.   Sad

All you gotta do is remember: HD DVD is red. Blu Ray is blue. :P

Always buy the blue DVD cases. ;)

Love the farm fields, they're very realistic. I've seen cases where road intersections have been reconfigured to give two particular roads right-of-way, and the poor street leading out of the old intersection is either rerouted or closed off.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Tarkus

It's been far too long since I stopped in here--this is just absolutely fantastic, mind-blowing stuff here, David.  Those are quite possibly the nicest looking farms I've ever seen in game.  I must give you and Matt (threestooges) my sincere congratulations for this effort--you're taking that aspect of the game to whole new levels.  That bridge layout there with the new transparent plop water is also just amazing.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Filasimo

thought id drop by to say hi david, and my god! awesome progress!! but wait....where are the scare crows? corn field aint a corn field without scarecrows!  ;D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

threestooges

David,
Great to see the progress you're making on these farm lots. if there are any other structures that you find missing, let me know. Also, I'll be sending a few more things your way (depending on what I've already sent you, I can't remember now).

-Tarkus: the credit for the farms should go to David. I've only made the cattle guard and windmill, he's the one who has made it look good. But thank you very much for the compliment. I may have a few more things coming along shortly.

bat

Some nice new pictures of your great work, David! :thumbsup: