• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Leaving out Maxis props in LE

Started by FrankU, November 20, 2008, 06:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Dear community members,

I am trying to find out what props and textures there are to be found in all the dependency packs that I have.
So what I can do is make an empty plugin diretory and load just one dependency pack. Opening LE shows me all the content, but, and therefore my question: also a lot of Maxis stuff is loaded.
Is it possible to suppress the listing of Maxis files in the props list and the textures list?

It would be of great help.

Andreas

Download ilive's "PropViewer" from the "Modds & Downloads" section at Simtropolis. It will read your entire plugins folder (including the Maxis files) and make previews of all props, neatly listed by files in a tree view. The preview images are stored in a large cache file (can reach several hundreds of megabytes), but the advantage is that you can run the PropViewer parallel to the Lot Editor(SC4 and the LE lock the files when they are running). It's a very basic program, and therefore almost forgotten by the community, but it surely helps you to find out what a prop pack actually contains.

Andreas

FrankU

This looks fantastic!
I see that I can even see what pack contains which props.
And that I can make groups of props, probably just a kind of list where I can make selections of props I want to use for different lots.

I'l try to use it as quick as possible.....