• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Terring's Terrible Lots!!

Started by Terring7, February 13, 2010, 10:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terring7

Hello :)

I finally download the Lot Editor and start playing with it. Before i use it, let me make some questions...

If i want to modificate a Maxis building, like the airport, just adding some extra props and textures, how must i save it? What i need to do? Do i need to demolish all the buildings so the change will take place? Will the functions of the original lots stay the same? I have some SimMars grownable houses and shops and i want to give them a bit of SimEarth look, with grass and trees. How should i save them?

My ultimate goal is a spaceport that will be more much more than... just a launch pad! ;D
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Terring7

Hello again :)

Because of the lack of science fiction grownable buildings, i had the idea to download the SimMars project and modificate the buildings to make them more suitable for SimEarth cities. This is the result and i hope that you like it :)

As you can see, it's only the beginning of this project. Remember however that those lots are for my personal use only and I'm not going to upload them. Special thanks to the SimMars team for these cool buildings &apls &apls :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

joelyboy911

Terrible!  :D

Actually though, i think you should consider releasing them. Especially the ones in the first two pictures. Making SimMars buildings onto Earth-friendly lots is a great idea.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Terring7

Quote from: joelyboy911 on April 11, 2010, 01:33:38 AMTerrible!  :D

Thanks ;D

Quote from: joelyboy911 on April 11, 2010, 01:33:38 AMActually though, i think you should consider releasing them. Especially the ones in the first two pictures. Making SimMars buildings onto Earth-friendly lots is a great idea.  :)

Maybe yes... Maybe not... I will see...

More images ;)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I'm very happy to report that all residential SimMars buildings are finally green and ready for action. I was also made some modifications to some of the civil buildings. The next image shows a police station, a fire station, a clinic, a school (the building with the antenna next to the clinic) and a high school (the black building). Hope that you like them :)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

A new, parallel project. While i transform the SimMars buildings to SimEarth, how about replacing all (almost) the Maxis buildings with SimMars buildings? ;)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The lots will released!! ;D
But not now! ::)
SimMars Beta 3 is coming soon, with 144 more buildings than SimMars Beta 2. The project will contain 3 folders. The first folder will change the lots of the SimMars project. The second will change the original lots, replacing all the Maxis buildings with the SimMars. The third folder will have extra lots, including (for example) 6X6 R$ lots with small houses and not only. Of course this is only the beginning... ;)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Back again! ;D

SimMars Beta 3 is a project that allow players to build not Terran cities, but Martians colonies! It will contain a large collection of futuristic buildings and automata and anything else to bring you the feeling of Mars.

Because there are very few futuristic grownable buildings out there, i download the SimMars Beta 2 and modificate the lots to fit more on Earth. The SimMars Beta 3 perhaps will be ready in late of August (at least i hope). Until then, I'm practicing in the Lot Editor and making some simple lots. When SMB3 released, it's time to work. This is a little taste of what my addon will have...

1) All the original SimMars lots will change. The buildings will be the same, only the lot will change. The red barren terrain will replaced by green grass and filled with trees, talking Sims e.t.c.. Here are some examples...

2) Even the Maxis buildings and lots will change. The original lots will still be available to the game, with only a little exception... The Maxis buildings will replaced by SimMars buildings. Here are some examples...

3) All the SimMars buildings will have a large variety of lots in different shapes and sizes. And because the largest lot for a grownable building is 6X6, be prepared for really exotic results!! Here are some examples...

4) Some new tricks. You will see a SimMars building under construction...

... and then BANG!!!

Every suggestion will be welcomed. I just can't wait for the SimMars Beta 3 &hlp
The Choice is Ours
---

netmod

Lots look great I, especially love no2 cause it looks like it can be used in this decade  :thumbsup:

I didn't like when you propped a simmars building near that maxis original, it looks strange with this texture
mooooooooooooooooo...

Terring7

There are 3 reasons of why i will use the Maxis buildings as props to fill the lots, especially the bigger lots

1) Not all but some of them fits nicely in a future city, and some of them are too cute to remove them ;D
2) In every science fiction story we will see cities that not only has no past but actively rejects it, and that's because artists tend to forget that cities have pasts. Even in the 41st century you will always be surrounded by historical buildings, evidences of earlier times, which is a good thing. Even today, the 21st century, there are modern cities with plenty of historical buildings. So, believe id or not, the Maxis buildings makes the future cities more realistic ;)
3) Is there a law that everybody must be away from Maxis trees, plazas, buildings, automata, ... ... ...? Of course not. Also the use of Maxis buildings will be a tribute to Will Wright and the Maxis team, the creators of the most beautiful game ever &apls

And glad to see that you enjoy them :) :)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Now that SimMars Beta 3 is ready, here is a small taste of my project :)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

All the Martian landmarks can now construct on Earth ()stsfd()

As well as all rewards ()stsfd()
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

At last, all SimMars buildings reloted :thumbsup:

With the functional Interplanetary Industrial Spaceport, who need seaports anymore? ;)

Functional Interplanetary Passenger Spaceport... and forget airports ;)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

The whole above project is going to released soon :)

The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

"Memories of the Colonists" (yeah, the above project has finally a name ;D ) will released in 2/12/2010 ;)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

Memories of the Colonists is finally released :)
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

New project, trail parks for SimMars :)

By the way, how can i make them slope friendly?
The Choice is Ours
---

Terring7

I just updated my Martian trail parks :)

And i found how i could make them slope friendly

No more empty Martian landscapes in my M.D. anymore ;D
The Choice is Ours
---

Evillions8

I do suggest using BSC textures for the trail parks because it would better.  Just you'll have to edit the tone of the textures to fit in SM.  Whenever I try making lots, I end up with a one-tile grass texture and the rest is what I placed.  What building did you use to make the textures stay as is and not changing into a grass texture?

Simcitler

Allthough I do not play SimMars (until yet), I just want to say that your lot work is great.  &apls