• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit enabled lots - the easy way

Started by emilin, February 23, 2007, 03:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Although traffic flows in one direction only on oneway roads, their settings in a TE-Lot are the same as for road, namely bidirectional. This means configuration A is correct, provided you have changed the network types from road to OWR. If you switch to expert view in SC4-Tool, the flags should be 02 for the entry side and the exit side of each tile occupied by OWR.

M4346

Thanks memo!

I assumed as much, but wasn't sure, because the in-game pathing for the OWR over the lot still runs like a normal bi-directional road as per below:

I stumbled upon this when I tested the functionality of on and off ramps at the interchange close to the lot with the UDI (as I normally do to make sure everything runs smoothly).

The police car was driving in the OWR on the left in the right hand lane and disappeared because it couldn't enter the lot in that lane.

Is this normal?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

memo

You are welcome. It seems you have to link to a custom path file in order that the paths face into the right direction. You may want to use the path file 0x29c2d03e, which is included in the RTMT Lots_US file, in case you have it. Add it as Rep16 to each tile in SC4-Tools advanced view. You may also need to change the direction of the path. I think this is done via Rep3. Per default, the mentioned path file runs from south to north.

Edit:

Quote from: M4346 on January 06, 2013, 01:16:57 PM
Is this normal?

Of course, it's not! ;)

M4346

Quote from: memo on January 06, 2013, 04:10:37 PM
Quote from: M4346 on January 06, 2013, 01:16:57 PM
Is this normal?

Of course, it's not! ;)

I didn't think so ;)

It works! ;D :thumbsup:

I added the custom path (had to download the RTMT again, seems to have disappeared from my plugins) as follows:

Initially just adding the custom path didn't work, so I also modified the Rep 3 for each TE / NE tile.

Great! Thanks a lot!  ;D :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

medit84truth

I created a parking lot and wanted to connect it to the road network via transit enabling, but the only the basic networks are available in sc4tool and I wanted the path to be in line with the parking lot markings.  In this case it would be a single direction OWR. I tried using path creator, but I have no clue how to apply the paths to the entire lot, specifically the ends, where there are curves.  Path creator allows you to path each tile, which gives me 6 different path files for each tile. Which one do I use to edit the sc4path file in reader?  Am I supposed to edit the rep 16 to a particular code? I have no clue what I'm doing, and I can't find an exact answer anywhere.