• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChosenOne

deathtopumpkins

Really? That's unfortunate.

Oh, and are you sure that neighbor connection's functional? I would think that the connecting RHW-2 should have to connect the different traffic directions, as the whole problem with making neighbor connections with RHW is that traffic must return VIA the same tile it left, which means that on an RHW-6S, it would have to return on the same side of the highway it left on, necessitating the loop connector for traffic to switch to the proper side. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to try it myself and see if it works.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

kalanc69

Hello Again Everyone,

I have looked through pretty much the whole RHW forum and I cannot find the answer to my question, so I am hoping someone can help me out. I am wondering if it is possible to make bridges in RHW, and if so then what must I do to get them to work? I appreciate any help you can offer, especially since I have been looking for days and cannot find any references to it.

pagenotfound

The next version does allow bridges to be built. However only the RHW 4 has that capability. Im not sure if that will be expanded to other widths in v3.1 or not.

And if you are referring to overpasses, the roads, avenues, one way roads and rail can cross all widths of RHW. And elevated RHW can cross over other networks
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

Korot

So RHW-2 doesn't allow you to build bridges? of RHW-6 and the like I can see why it is difficult, because they don't take up the whole tile, but RHW-4 is just as wide as RHW-2 (that is, RHW-4 doesn't has to be build in both directions, you can build sort of high speed, high capacity OWR's with it).

kalanc69

Hi Page,

I am talking about bridges over water using Rural Highways. I have read further back in this thread that it is possible to do, but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Tarkus

Just to clarify, for bridges over water, there is one bridge for the RHW-2, and two for the RHW-4 in the upcoming (dare I say, imminent?) Version 3.0 release, thanks to smoncrie. :thumbsup:  It's not possible to make any bridges in the current Version 2.0 release from January 2008, though.

The RHW-2 bridge is a Plain Bridge, and the RHW-4 has a Plain Bridge and a Small Steel Arch Bridge.  There have been some pics throughout this thread.

-Alex

kalanc69

Alrighty Then,

What is the best way to make a bridge over water when utilizing the RHW? I am also having difficulty going from a maxis highway to a rural highway, I can't seem to find a piece that will allow me good integration with the maxis highway.

writingliberty

If necessary you can do a double-transition using Maxis - Avenue - RHW. I have found this to be easier to lay down than the straight Maxis-RHW transition.

mojosmarty08

Quote from: writingliberty on December 28, 2008, 01:49:35 PM
If necessary you can do a double-transition using Maxis - Avenue - RHW. I have found this to be easier to lay down than the straight Maxis-RHW transition.

That's what I do. :D

BTW, Tarkus, I've been on SC4 Devotion, lurking around, since January and I guess the anticipation is killing me. I had to post something! :D

darraghf

Hey ! What about that surprise you were talking about a few pages back? I wonder what it is. It nearly slipped my mind.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

genemc777

Hey Tarkus, do you have any tutorials on how to create things with Gmax or whatever program you use?

Haljackey

Here's something new to hold you over:

The El-RHW looks fantastic with the new models eh?  That pic's part of the latest GTR update, so if you'd like to see more, click right here(Or here :P.)

Hope you enjoyed it!

Best,
-Haljackey

b22rian

man Hal and Alex.. I don't even know where to start !

Yes, The El -RHW looks utterly fantastic !
The ramps in the one pic posted in this thread... look ideal to me...

Also Hal, i love your idea of leaving room in some of the corridors in case multiple networks
are needed later on..That is excellent transit planning, and Ive been trying to use the same idea in
some of my larger planned cities..

I think one of the bigger problems for those who had started large cities very early on was the ability
to foresee the wider networks that will come later, so much reconstruction will be necessary for rebuilding...
Its been a slow process for myself, but I'm finally getting more the knack to leave more room for right-of-way
especially in those areas i am planning for denser development and where I know some day wider or like Hal
has done in some areas using transit corridors with plenty of room later on for  multiple networks ...

Great pics in all those threads Hal, thanks !!!

Brian

A200

Same as in real life. People build cities and then expand dirt tracks into roads when there is a new development.  :satisfied: Then roads into avenues when more sprawl occurs and more cars use the vital link. Then to a 4 lane highway (2IB 2OB) and eventually to an even bigger highway as it becomes a national route that is an integral part of the transport network.

:satisfied:

Heck, my city is a big slum, no highways or roads anywhere. The government will just bulldoze people's homes and build a RHW10 for self pride.

pagenotfound

I cant seem to find anything on a piece that I dreamed up last night (yes, dreamed ???). Is there a puzzle piece that allows two MIS ramps to come together and form like 2 lanes of RHW in the same direction? Also, are there ramps for a diagonal RHW 6?? And, for diagonal RHW 4 is there a two lane ramp??
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

itsacoaster

Quote from: pagenotfound on December 30, 2008, 10:00:29 AM
I cant seem to find anything on a piece that I dreamed up last night (yes, dreamed ???). Is there a puzzle piece that allows two MIS ramps to come together and form like 2 lanes of RHW in the same direction?
I asked if there was this kind of thing earlier, and there is one.  It's here:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg200440#msg200440

And the new El-RHW ramps look incredible.  Keep up the work, Tarkus et al.

darraghf

Well, I believe that there is going to be a rhw4-mis splitter and there are diagonal ramps for rhw4 but not for rhw6

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

TheChosenOne

What about a teaser Tarkus? ;D Please? :P
And about the release date my predictions is for 5 of January '09 - it is after all imminent  :D

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Is it done or are you just adding some finishing touchs to it?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....