• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Crystal City

Started by football_fever, February 15, 2007, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie

Quote from: patfirefghtr on June 30, 2007, 09:54:16 PM
I had the chance to read this MD from the start today and it took me an hour to do so
and saying that its great and the story behind it captivates me...  I dont see whats
wrong with it??

Same here. There's nothing wrong with this CJ. In fact, it's far from it.

football_fever

Thank you all for replying and getting me to a new page.  Since every comment seemed to deal with why Crystal City was locked, I'll just give one general reply.

Everyone:  %&*$ happens.

Moving on...

This update is considerably different than anything you've seen in this, or 99.99% of other threads.  Someone once said this story would be great as a movie, and I thought it would need a lot of work to get to that point, but maybe a graphic novel.  Ever since then, I'd been thinking of making the entire CJ into a graphic novel style.

Even though it would be revolutionary to have each and every scene choreographed in The Sims 2 and SC4, it would take a LOT of work...and there are things I wouldn't be able to capture in either, and it requires imagination on your part.

That being said, this is the first of two graphic novel style special edition updates.  A third is planned for the next update at ST.  Enjoy!

If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

Pat

verrry verry good im glad to see it has been resolved and good update here as welll - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

The effect on the Sims 2 pics is nice. Gets rid of that pesky "video-gamey" look that plagues many other story CJs
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.