• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Crystal City

Started by football_fever, February 15, 2007, 10:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

now that's one heckuva twist if i ever saw one! cliffhangggger indeed! lol. more! more! more! encore! encore! lol. you mentioned you were making circles? circles of development? hmmm? and... is that awesome building with a helipad, the one in the middle... is it up for download anywhere? awesome

football_fever

Heinz: I believe it was available by KS.  Unfortunately, last time I tried going to his site, it said not found. 

Everyone:  Sorry this one took so long, but I was waiting for another reply so I could get off page 3 (thanks heinz).  Sorry about how bloody this chapter is.  Someone convinced me to add more after I had originally finished it. Enjoy!

Chapter 11 - The Heist

Allison Jenson
-7 days before the end of the world

My name is Allison, and I'm often misunderstood. Actually more often than not. I might seem pretty harmless at first glance. I'm young, attractive, and definitely don't appear very strong. Let me introduce you to my little friend...the great equalizer...my lovely silver gun. I grew up outside a small town in Texas. When my dad wasn't drunk, he was teaching me how to shoot. I can kill someone from across the room and make it look like a suicide...as he found out when I was 18.

The mafia learned of my talent, and I've been working with them ever since, mostly with Sonny Santoro in Las Vegas. I was in Paris for my biggest job yet.

Nick Lamont was the group leader. I've worked with him before, and it was fantastic. I've never met anyone like him. He was so perfectly professional. It's lame for someone like me to admit, but I was very attracted to him. We even went on dates during a job in Rome. It had to end, but it was great while it lasted. That's why I jumped on the chance to work with him again in Paris.

The plan was to steal the Prince Henry painting while it was being displayed at the Quatre Saisons mall. Normally it would be displayed at the Louvre, and impossible to steal. Professionals like us could easily break the mall's security. Then there would be a surprise party afterwards for the other four members.

Nick: This is Nick, I'm at the base. It's 1am. All teams report

Allison: This is team two. We're in position.

George: Team three in position.

Henri: Team four is ready.

Nick: ok, we're ready to go. Team three, cut backup power on my mark....go....

George: Backup power disabled, heading to position five

Nick: Team four, disable primary security system

Henri: Security system is hacked...one moment........system is down. Packing up and heading to position six

Nick: Team two...your turn

Allison: Copy. Glass has been removed and tether is set. Preparing to rappel into mall

I was the leader of team two, which consisted of me and a guy named Craig. Our job was to break into the mall on the roof and physically take the painting. Craig was well-known for his ability to pick locks and bypass security systems, which made him ideal for this job. I lowered him into the mall on the tether and he dropped into the huge plaza. He climbed along the supports at the top of the mall the attach a grappling hook on the ceiling above the painting. I could only lower him straight down, so this allowed him to move in front of the painting. I lowered Craig so he was directly in front of the painting. I couldn't see how he did it, but he pulled it out from behind the Plexiglas, and motioned for me to raise him.

Allison: This is team two, prize is free

Nick: Copy...raise to 15 meters

Allison: We're ready

Nick: let go on my mark...now...

Craig detached the grappling hook and flew across the open plaza. Terry from team one was on the outside wall of the mall. As Craig swung to the wall, a window opened and Craig handed it of to Terry. 

Terry: Got it, it's on its way down

Terry attached a clip to it, and lowered it to Nick, who was waiting in a car on the street.

I helped Craig to the roof and attached my tether.

Allison: Good job.

Craig: You too.

Allison: Ready?

He nodded. We ran for the ledge of the roof and jumped. We rappelled to the street, right into the car, where Nick and Terry were waiting.

Nick: ok, let's go. Team three and four, we're done. Head to rendezvous.

Teams three and four had caused traffic accidents in two key places to ensure there would be no traffic in front of the mall.

We went to the metro station six blocks from the mall. We all had huge smiles on our faces. We just pulled off a hell of a heist.

Nick: Good work everyone. I'm very impressed. When the others get here, I will tell you how we're getting home.

He looked at me with a grin. I gave him a knowing smile. The others came down the steps.

Nick: Good job, guys. I need to tell you about how we're getting home.

We could hear a Metro train squeal its brakes around a corner. Nick looked at me and nodded.

Nick: As good as you all did tonight, unfortunately it is the end of the line

The train screamed through the station. The train was very loud...loud enough so that gunshots wouldn't be heard. Nick and I pulled out our guns.

BLAM! BLAMBLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

The train passed. Our four teammates lie dead on the ground.

We stood in silence for a minute. I walked with Nick to the edge of the platform where the painting was resting.

Allison: It's done then?

Nick: Almost

Allison: Oh yeah, we need to bring it to the docks...are we going to take separate flights to Alamosa?

Nick: we most certainly will

The blow caught me off guard. He had slugged me in the chest. I felt him grab my gun and throw it across the platform. He squeezed me tight with his arms and carried me to the edge of the platform. The brakes of another train squealed signaling its approach from around the corner.

Allison: What are you DOING? Let me GO!

Nick: I'm sorry Allison. I really am. I like you a lot, but Andreas said that no one is allowed to survive.

Allison: You're taking orders from Andreas? We're doing this job for Sonny!

Nick: I work for Andreas, babe. He's taking the painting before it gets to Sonny.

Allison: What are you doing this for, huh? We're supposed to leave together!

Nick: It wouldn't work, Allison. I'd never stay with you. You were fun...but there are bigger things than you and me.

The train...and my death...was getting close.

Voice: Drop her...

Nick: Oh, I'll drop her...right in front of this train

Voice: Drop her now...

It was Craig. He had my gun to Nick's head.

Craig: Do it

Nick: Not a chance. I'm going to drop her in front of this train, then I'm going to turn around and finish killing you.

Craig struck Nick in the head with the gun. I was suddenly on the tracks. Nick was a strong guy...it didn't seem like the blow affected him at all. Craig and Nick wrestled for my gun. To my right, the train was 100 feet away! I ran to a door on the other side of the platform. I looked back in time to see Nick push Craig onto the tracks. He looked up and pointed his gun at me. At that moment the train raced by.

Craig was on the tracks....

I stood in shock for a few seconds...Craig saved my life, and now...
I suddenly realized the gun pointed at me from the other side of the train. I only had a few seconds. I opened the door and slammed it shut, locking it behind me. I ran up the steps and burst onto a street full of traffic with police racing by to the mall.

I ran to the nearest hotel and got a room for the day.  The sun was just rising.
I crashed onto the bed in tears. Death doesn't affect me like this...why was I shaken up now?

Maybe it was because I watched the man die that had just saved my life...
Or maybe it was because he had to save me in the first place...

I didn't know what my thoughts were, but they began to turn to anger...extreme anger.

Nick Lamont was going to get payback
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

Fred_Ginger

My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

guurgkud

oh my...  very nice updates! Tremendous MD ... love the integration of The Sims into it.

Looking forward to more!
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

football_fever

Fred_Ginger:  good to see you still around.  I thought you abandoned me...

guurgkud:  Thanks.  I bought the Sims 2 for the sole reason of interior shots the the story.  Every chapter from now on has TS2 in it. 

Everyone:  What's up with the sites?  It seems like the forums are dead here and at ST.  Is RLS infecting everyone at once?

Chapter 12 - Imprisonment

Allison Jenson
-Present Day

There is a certain rush people like me feel when they kill. Sounds morbid...but it's true. It's not like I condone random killing...just people that deserve it.

And of all the people that I've ever met, Nick Lamont deserved it most.

And that's why the biggest rush of all came when I pulled that trigger. My adrenaline was coursing through my body so hard, it was like I was outside my body watching myself do it. I watched myself go into his room, put the gun to his head, and pull the trigger. I saw myself standing over his body, with my gun smoking, and people rushing into the room to see what happened. Some people, like Greg, knew exactly what happened. Others, like the Crystal City residents, were wide eyed with wonder.

The crowd that had gathered began to talk quietly about what they saw. Alex and Liz were in shock. One person was clear-headed enough to say something

Greg: What did you do?

I didn't say a word. I looked at him for a moment

Greg: What did you DO?

I dropped the gun on the floor. The residents got a worried look on their faces and scattered from the doorway.

I've been witnessing the impossible ever since I've entered this city, and I'm never prepared for whatever impossible situation happens next: I couldn't move. Not even my eyes. Even the smoke in the room sat still.

The next thing I knew, I was in a room I'd never seen before. It was round and flat, about 20 feet high, with windows on all sides. I was standing in the middle, and the walls looked to be about 100 feet away. There was something else peculiar about this room...it was completely empty

Voice: Allison Jenson

There was no one around.

Voice: You have caused a great disturbance in the City, Ms. Jenson.

I finally saw him. He appeared just a few feet in front of me. From where? Don't ask me...

Al-Za'noun: I am Al-Za'noun. I have been in charge of Crystal City for a long time. I should have been able to see your intentions, but you hid them well, and now I fear there is irreversible damage in the populous.

Allison: Where am I?

Al-Za'noun: You are in the administrative section of Crystal City, where only I and my security personnel are allowed. As you know already, those that live in the City know nothing of the evil that fills the rest of the galaxy, and I intend to keep it that way. They do not know of greed, anger, suffering, violence...I hope that you and your...Earth friends haven't ruined my hard work

Allison: If there is no violence, why do you have security?

Al-Za'noun: That's a good question isn't it? I have them for situations like this. And for people like you. I see all that is happening in the galaxy, and I saw need for a security force...so I formed a small group for events like this about 500 years ago

I felt like Mike Tyson slugged me in the face

Allison: Did you say 500 yeas ago?

Al-Za'noun: Yes, Ms, Jenson, 500 years. I have been administrator of this facility for more than 4,000 years

Allison: You're over 4,000 years old? How is that possible?

Al-Za'noun: We told you when you arrived, your questions such as how and why will not make sense here. Since you and your friends are to stay here, I will tell you what you need to know.

I was suddenly in a beautiful garden. Waterfalls splashed down a rock face nearby, and the crystal clear water lapped against the rocks at my feet.

Al-Za'noun: How do you like our recreation garden?

Allison: It's beautiful!

Al-Za'noun: Beautiful is what we represent, Ms. Jenson. The buildings, the landscape, the food...everything about this city and its inhabitants is beautiful. We represent life, beauty, light, equality, and love. Not only do we not know of the opposites...they simply do not exist here. You will not find greed, ugliness, darkness, and hate here. You will also not find death...

The words hung in the air. My gaze went from him, to the waterfall, to the landscape...and suddenly back to him.

Allison: You've lived for 4,000 years because there is no death...

Al-Za'noun: Correct

he looked pleased I was beginning to understand

Allison: Nick...

Al-Za'noun: He is just fine

my knees felt like they were about to give out.

Al-Za'noun: My hope is that since the residents that witnessed your act of violence did not understand it, the thoughts will be contained and destroyed. I absolutely do not want this planet becoming like Earth.

Allison: Earth was fine.

Al-Za'noun: Earth was NOT "fine". You're a prime example of why it was not a good place. You steal, murder, and lie. I see everything, Ms. Jenson.  Things might have turned out better if you believed in us, but you didn't.

Allison:  What do you mean believed in you? Believed in what?

Al-Za'noun: No one on Earth widely acknowledged life outside Earth until it was too late. If one brought it up, they were outcast. You think the ones that showed up to destroy you were the first on Earth? They...we...had been on your planet for a long time.

Allison: what do you mean they?

Al-Za'noun: Our enemy. While we represent light, love, and life...they represent darkness...hate...death. We have both been on your planet. They move through shadows...corrupt everything...the agents I have sent have turned into agents of darkness...

This was getting creepy. He had this blank look on his face. It was the first sign of sadness I've seen since arriving here

Al-Za'noun: I thought I could save your planet, trying to counteract their work. I also thought your military was strong enough to defend yourselves. They've conquered many worlds, but yours seemed ready as far as weaponry. They took advantage of your ignorance. They infiltrated you governments. All of my attempts to contact you were intercepted by them. By the time they attacked it was too late. You were too busy being amazed at the proof of life, that you didn't see the attack coming. I...I'm sorry to say that I failed to protect you. I'm afraid your planet was one of the last obstacles to this planet.

Al-Za'noun looked in the sky.

Al-Za'noun: I'm sorry, Ms. Jenson, I must be going.

Allison: where?

Al-Za'noun: Something else you should know...there are other planets out there. I have aligned Crystal City with a group called the Star League. I believe that with the resources of Earth our enemy will have enough strength to attack us. The only hope from keeping then entire galaxy from falling to them is our combined might. Representatives from another planet are about to arrive.

Just then a massive ship soared overhead, flanked by two of the yellow ships we saw earlier.

Al-Za'noun: You are to stay in this section of the city until I deem it safe for you to return to the others. I'll be seeing you around

Did I hear that right? He was pretty much putting me in jail? If that was right, then this was the most beautiful jail I've ever seen. Trees, waterfalls, paths, flowers...I think I could spend some time here. And if we never die...that meant I'd have to face the man I killed...
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

guurgkud

very nice update.. story gets better and better, and the pics are maginificent.

i love when different games are incorporated, and you are doing a great job with TS2. Another good one is Age of Empires 3... hehe, but i dont think that would fit into your story very well.

Looking forward to more!  :P :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited

football_fever

One reply?  Not much activity lately.

guurgkud:  It's crazy posting my old updates here, because the updates I've done recently blow them out of the water.  I'm tempted sometimes to rewrite the whole thing to my new standards, but it would be way way way too much work.  Plus it's fun to see how new to this thing so many months ago.  I was writing the story as I was figuring out the STEX and new building methods.  Anyway...stop my rambling...here is the update.

By the way, this should say Chapter 13

Alex Davidson
-6 days before the end of the world

April: Oh...my god...it's Amber Atkins and Alex Davidson

June: No way!

It happens dozens of times a day. Some crazy fans of either me or my wife come running up and sheepishly ask for our autograph.

April: umm...Alex? I mean..umm...Mr. Davidson? Um...Can I..um

June: CANWEHAVEYOURAUTOGRAPH?

Alex: Sure...who do I make it out to?

This is the reason we moved from Alamosa to San Verona in the first place. Anywhere I went, there was going to be fans, but in Alamosa it was ridiculous. Even with other celebrities all over the place. I hoped it would die down, but it didn't. Ever since Amber and I were married and became the Hollywood "it" couple, no one leaves us alone. Usually couples like us only last in the spotlight for a month or so...and tabloids always seem to know what I'm doing before I do...

Which is why there was a line of photographer's vans waiting for me when I got to the airport. They might as well have been a pack of lions waiting for a couple of antelopes to walk by. It sucks being an antelope.

"Los Anga Airways flight 70 to Alamosa, first class is now boarding"

Alex: That's us, you ready?

she took a deep breath

Amber: ...yeah...I think so

Amber was afraid of flying. Very afraid. It was one of the things that almost kept us from moving to San Verona...until the "incident". She has had to keep traveling to Alamosa for filming...although she has only arranged some roles since moving, and hasn't had to film anything. Also, she's a big enough star where films will come here to shoot.

I'm the one that's been staying busy. The other members of my band travel here to San Verona to help work on our next album. That's why we were going to Alamosa now. The band can come to me, and the films can come to her...but the record company doesn't move.

Alex: I'll sit here by the window so you can have to aisle

Amber: It doesn't matter...when the plane crashes we're both dead

Alex: That's...a really good positive outlook to have...

Amber: This was a bad idea...I'm like sweating

Alex: No no...come on. I'm here for you. Just hold onto my hand, and I'll talk you through it, ok?

She smiled

Amber: Thanks...I'm going to break your hand though

Flight attendant: Is this your first flight?

Amber: No...but it's like this every time. I hate flying...a lot

Flight attendant: You have nothing to worry about. I've been working this route between Alamosa and San Verona for 20 years. I've worked with the pilots on this flight many many times, and they are the absolute best.

Alex: I bet it's like driving a car to them

Amber: Thanks a lot...they do this all the time right? It's like driving a car...

Flight Attendant: Your welcome Ms. Atkins. If you need anything, my name is Theresa

We landed in Alamosa at 3pm, and were greeted by a limo from the record company.

Thomas: Hello, Mr. Davidson, my name is Thomas and I'll be your driver for your stay in Alamosa. Mr. Peterson has a room for you at the Palm Hotel and your meeting is at 5:00

Alex: Palm Hotel? We always stay at the Atlantic.

Thomas: Sorry, we tried. Apparently there's some big event there this weekend. You can't get a room there unless you're royalty or Mafia.

Amber: I've worked with Brando...does that count?

Alex: Actually I know a guy named Frankie Marciano

Thomas: You know Frankie?

Alex: Yeah, his sister and I went to USC...you know him?

Thomas: Yeah, he owns a refinery by the docks. You want me to call him?

Amber: Yes! I want to stay at the Atlantic!

Alex: Uh..it's not a good idea to owe favors to the Mafia. The Palm will be fine

After we unpacked, we headed over to Palm Records

Christian: Good to meet you Alex. My name is Christian Lesaigle. I know you always deal with Jarod Endersbe, but he doesn't work here anymore.

Alex: Yeah, I know...Jarod talked to me about coming to see him at Archipelago Records. But it's good too meet you too.

He shot me a mean look for a split second, but I caught it

Christian: And it's nice to meet Miss Amber Atkins as well

Amber: Pleasure is all mine

Christian: Now, Alex, I understand you have your new album ready to record?

Alex: Yes that's right. Anytime you want to start recording, I can get the rest of the band here and begin

Christian: Yes...you see, after your last album, some of us here question how well this new one will be received.

Alex: What do you mean? People will eat this up. I saw that the last one didn't sell AS well as the first one. But my last one still sold very well

Christian: It barely made gold after a year

Alex: But it made gold!

Christian: There has been a lot of debate about you here. I'm sorry, but we're not going to be producing your new album.

What was this?? People loved me! I had as many fans as Amber...and she has an Oscar! I was FURIOUS!

I stood up.

Alex: You called me all the way down here, put us in a hotel, put us through ALL this trouble...just to tell me you're dropping me from your label?

Christian: I'm sorry, Alex, that's the way of the business. Your hotel is covered, though.

I walked out of his office. I was so mad I could barely talk. Amber sat timidly beside me.
The limo pulled up beside the Palm Hotel

Amber: At least they paid for a nice hotel...

Alex: I really don't even feel like staying there anymore. You still want to stay at the Atlantic?

Amber: of course

Alex: Thomas...can you dial Frankie's number for me and take us to the Atlantic?

Thomas: Sure thing...it's dialing

Frankie: Ello?

Alex: Hey buddy, long time no talk

Frankie: Who is this?

Alex: It's Alex Davidson

Frankie: Alex? Heeyyyy Alex! How you doin, my man? Big time movie star now! How you been, eh?

Alex: Good, Frankie, I've been good. Hey, can I ask you for a favor?

Frankie: Anything, my man, we're like family! You still talking to Sophia?

Alex: Oh, you know...not as much as in college, but we're still good friends. Hey, do you think you could get me a room at the Atlantic Hotel tonight?

Frankie: Hey, man, who do you think I am? I don't THINK I can get you a room, I KNOW I can get you a room. I practically run that friggin hotel, you know what I'm saying? Space is kinda tight tonight...but uh...I'll make a call.

Alex: Haha, Hey thanks man. I really appreciate it. Maybe you should stop by while I'm here. Catch up on old times?

Frankie: Frankie's a busy man, Alex...but maybe you can come check out my new business...

Alex: I'll do that. I'll give you a call tomorrow

I smiled as I hung up the phone

Amber: I thought it was a bad idea to owe a favor to the Mafia.

Alex: Yeah...well it's better than staying in a hotel paid for by a bunch of...

Amber: You don't need to finish that...hahaha

We arrived at the Atlantic Hotel. I was nearly run over by an employee leaving, that was shouting Spanish into a phone.

Bellman: Good evening Mr. Davidson. I've sent someone to get your luggage from the Palm. We only had one room available for you. Someone will be by to clean it shortly. Our director of housekeeping had to leave on an emergency

Alex: The room wasn't clean?

Bellman: We had to remove an "unruly" guest to make room for you.

Amber: Gotta love how they handle things, eh?

When I got to my room I called Jarod. I had felt bad telling him before that I wouldn't follow him to Archipelago Records. I thought my loyalty was to Palm, but it turns out it was for Jarod. I couldn't wait for my new album to go platinum so I could rub it in Palm's face.

The future had nothing but good things
- Dan Gurewitch

Flipside

What an interesting spin on an MD, football_fever. You have my rapt attention.  ;)

I especially liked the waterfalls'n'wilderness area. Very cool.

Fledder200

wow...June and April...lol

love it!!! as always!! &apls
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Fred_Ginger

Goody, we're catching up, slowly but surely!
My name is Vicki
RIP my babies

seemurray2

Your doing a good job with this, FF - it is obvious that you have put alot of work into it.  I'm not really into story based MD's, but I like looking at your pictures! lol

football_fever

Flipside:  Thank you.  I try to keep the story as unique as possible.  I don't want anyone getting bored...

Fledder200:  How strange that you come out of lurking right as the June and April chapter is posted

Fred_Ginger:  Yes, slowly...sorry about that.  I like to have some replies in between chapters, if anything to keep there from being 800 pictures on one page.  Thanks for the loyalty

seemurray2:  That's perfectly fine.  Plenty of people love the story, but I'm making sure the pics are pretty nice too.  They get better too...don't worry.

The story keeps picking up here.  Time to add another layer to the cake...

Alex Davidson
-79 days after the end of the world

There have been so many uncertainties on this voyage. What would we do now that everything was destroyed? What would we do once we'd escaped? Would we all die on this barren snowy planet?

But now that we were here, there was one thing was for certain...this place is impossible. We were beginning to expect seemingly miraculous and impossible. Just when we think we're amazed beyond belief, something else happens that shakes us to our core.

We were in my room, talking about what had happened the day before.

David: I just can't believe she brought a gun with her.

Liz: I can't believe she did it. Why would she kill him?

Alex: She seemed so nice. I don't think any of us saw this coming

Greg: I did...

We all turned to look at him. He was sitting on my bed looking sullenly at the floor.

Theresa: You expected this?

Greg: There's something you all should know about them.

Liz and I looked at each other

Liz: What is it?

Greg: Nick is the one that stole the Prince Henry painting in Paris a week before everything happened.

Delsa: WHAT?

Greg: There's more...Allison was on his crew. The two of them killed the rest of the team, and then Nick...almost killed her.

We all sat in silence while what we heard sank into our heads. These were two people that we had shared close-quarters with for who knows how long...

We were all supposed to be in this together

Greg: She's been trying to get back at him ever since.

Delsa: How do you know all this?

Greg looked pained...like he was deciding what to tell us next.

Greg: Because...

He paused. His eyes looked around the room

David: Greg?

Greg: Because I hired them to steal it for me.

Alex: Holy ****

Theresa: The three of you knew each other before all this happened? We all thought we were strangers!

Greg: No...it couldn't be further from the truth. There is another....

He stopped talking. I had been looking around the room while he talked, but I looked up at him. His eyes were focused on the door...it looked like he saw a ghost

David: Another what?

David looked up to see him, and followed his gaze.

There in the doorway...Nick Lamont was standing...perfectly alive.

Alex Davidson
-80 days after the end of the world

Liz and I were walking through the courtyard of our sector of the city. It's so strange. Even though there is snow everywhere, it isn't cold in the city.

Liz: I can't believe Nick is alive

Alex: People survive gunshots to the head sometimes, but that was point blank range...and there isn't a scratch on him.

Liz: How is it possible? And Why can't I ask how?

Alex: You're actually not supposed to ask why either

she laughed

Liz: It's sooo....frustrating.

Alex: I know. It felt like I lost two friends when I went into that room.

Liz: Yeah, you and Allison have been pretty close

Alex: I can't believe I was that attracted to a killer

Liz: Hey, cheer up

she touched my arm

Liz: There's plenty of women in this city...

There was a murmur in the crowd around us, and people began to scatter

Al-Za'noun: Good afternoon

Al-Za'noun told us about what happened to Allison, and more importantly, what happened to Nick. We weren't to talk about it to anyone in the city. He told us how we wouldn't die or feel pain while in the city. Slowly, all our violence and greed that we had learned on Earth would disappear.

Then he seemed to vanish into midair

Alex: That was strange.

I had just realized that she had been quiet for awhile. It looked like she had a tear forming in her eye.

Alex: What's wrong?

Liz: Nothing...

Alex: I know very well when a girl says nothing is wrong she means the complete opposite

She smiled briefly

Liz: Alex...I was in the military since I was able to join...I lived on bases my whole life with my parents...I've known nothing but military my entire life.

I really didn't know what to say at that point, so I stayed quiet so she'd continue

Liz: This might actually be the first peace I've ever known.

Alex: Plato said only the dead have seen the end of war...I guess we're pretty lucky to live in peace

Liz: Yeah...lucky...too bad Ryan and Paula didn't make it here.

I suddenly felt lightheaded...like when you stand up too fast and get a head rush.

Alex: Wait...

Liz looked at me and saw my expression. She could almost see what I was thinking.

Liz: No...

Alex: Do you think it's possible?

Liz: How would we find the ship?

Alex: I can remember certain mountains. It's really only the last little bit of the journey that we missed.

Liz: That's crazy!

Alex: I'm going to pack some food

I started to run to the rooms

Liz: Alex...Alex! Wait! Are you going alone?

Alex: Are you coming with me? I'm going regardless...you can come if you want

Liz: Let's go pack!

Alex Davidson
-81 days after the end of the world

Sequiera: These two crystals will keep you warm if they're kept together. In this package there are four more for when you get to the site.

Alex: Great...what about these ones?

Sequiera: This crystal gives you energy, so you will not require food.

Liz: Amazing! It's like they're magic!

Sequiera: From my understanding, magic is simply technology that your brain doesn't comprehend. To you it may seem like magic, but it is fascinating technology.

Alex: It most certainly is...

Sequiera gave us the equipment we needed and we set off on our journey. In addition to the crystals that kept us warm and fed, we had deployable sleds to carry them back to the city. The hunger crystal also kept us from needing any rest or sleep.

Liz: I think I remember this hill. This is the hill we were trying to make it to when we all collapsed in the valley on the other side.

I was looking at some rocks on the top of the hill then I heard Liz slip behind me.

Liz: Oh ****...

Alex: What's wrong?

Liz: Look

I turned to look at her. Her white outfit was stained with blood on her leg.

Alex: Holy crap...does it hurt?

Liz: No, not at all. It doesn't look good though. I can feel that it is injured, but I don't feel...pain

Alex: You should probably go back to the city to get that healed.

Liz: You're not coming back with me?

Alex: I'm going to keep going. I can take your sled. I'm not going to get tired right?

She looked at me with hesitant eyes, but reluctantly gave me her sled.

Liz: Be careful, alright? Don't pull a Liz and gash your leg open.

Alex: Well, at least now I know I can still be injured...it just won't hurt

Liz said good luck and started walking toward the city.
I watched her trek through the snow a ways before continuing up the hill.

Alex Davidson
-82 days after the end of the world

The journey back to the ship was going much better than the trip away from it. I hadn't had to stop to eat or rest at all. I just continued to walk and walk. I walked through valleys that looked familiar and mountains I had definitely seen before. I even found some of our footprints in the snow.

I started to get a little upset when I didn't recognize the terrain anymore. I hadn't found any of our footprints in a long time. I kept walking...but I got to a chasm I know we didn't cross.

The moonlight shimmered off the snow as I walked along the edge of the chasm. I wish I had my guitar. It was a nice stress reliever to just play whatever came into my head. Here I was walking through the snow...who knows how long I'd wander around? With these crystals I could wander for 100 years.

The sun started to rise, and it turned the snow into a sea of orange. A nice welcome to another day of walking in silence.

But it wasn't silent very long. What was that sound? I'd heard it before...a humming. I scanned the sky and saw nothing but glare from the sun. It got louder...and louder...it sounded like a very loud hair dryer.

Then from around the mountain in front of me, a familiar yellow vessel appeared. It slowed down and began to land in front of me. I ran over to it, just as the canopy opened to reveal the pilot smiling back at me...Liz

- Dan Gurewitch

Fledder200

yeah strage isn't it?? well i have my June and April-radar on Max. so when ever someone is typing a combo "June/April" some alarm bells go off!!
LoL Nice update btw, i like the way you use the sims :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

bat

great updates, nice story! wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

threestooges

It has been, and continues to be a very interesting story. There are some issues with some of the pics showing in the last update, but nothing horrible (it may just be that imageshack is having issues). It'll be interesting to see where you take this next.

football_fever

^%$#& imageshack...I'll change them to photobucket later.  Not now because I'm really tired from both jobs today, but maybe tomorrow

Sorry about that everyone... ()sad()
- Dan Gurewitch

Fred_Ginger

FF, keep 'em coming, we're getting to the place I stopped reading this MD over at ST! &apls
My name is Vicki
RIP my babies

football_fever

I want to start a new page so this one isn't so overloaded with pictures.  Sorry for triple posting
- Dan Gurewitch

football_fever

- Dan Gurewitch

football_fever

- Dan Gurewitch