• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Highways!

Started by Travis, April 21, 2007, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaper

Wooow ... Wonderful images, Ennedi and mightygoose  :thumbsup:

I want to also put my images, if you allow it to me   $%Grinno$%

Voila  ;D

mightygoose

overviews of those two junctions would be awesome. one is a roundabout and the other a turbine i think.... anyway a sneak peak from tomorrow for me

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

l.h.

Nice work but a little to much plopping for me :)

BlaZ

Bussiest highway in my region.

Ennedi

Snaper, you added an excellent part to this collection of highways. Elegant and realistic. I like your style a lot!

mightygoose - great thing...  :thumbsup: I didn't investigate every path on this junction, but I'm sure it is absolutely functional...
Would you like to think about putting some signs here? As I remember, signs on British highways were clear and they leaded me very well  ;)

Welcome BlaZ, it's nice you placed your first post here in this thread. Show more!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

beautiful pictures of your highways @ all ! :thumbsup:

yog

Can I try?

Well, here are downtown highways

BlaZ

Looks nice Yog

2 more sorta interchanges

connection between 2 triple highways and a dual highway

mightygoose

here is another sneak peak, i dont know if i like the trees...

here is the original plan

and thats my take on it
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mikjim

very AWSOME Snaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excellent work :thumbsup:.........and beautiful highways Bla Z!! ;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bat

Great picture of that highway, yog! :thumbsup:
Fantastic interchanges, BlaZ! :thumbsup:
That's an awesome interchange, mightygoose! :thumbsup:

sebes

Blaz;you made some great interchanges there... I suggest that you plan a carreer at Rijkswaterstaat, as with that many different connections you have the solutions to the traffic jams on hand!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BlaZ

Quote from: sebes on June 11, 2007, 01:28:08 PM
Blaz;you made some great interchanges there... I suggest that you plan a carreer at Rijkswaterstaat, as with that many different connections you have the solutions to the traffic jams on hand!

Its not like anything gets built in our country anyways with all the environmental hippies.

Ill take some more screenshots tonight.

haha :) My interchanges arent so perfect it seems, will need to rebuild a bit of the big Y interchange.

If someone could make a custom interchange like this would be perfect.

BlaZ

Here some more from 2 of my cities.

Quite a simple connection here.

A traffic jam in a suburb.  Better instead of perfect pathfinding makes a huge difference here as with perfect i get no traffic jams at all.

rooker1

Great highways, but most of them look too complicated for me...IMHO.  But great work every one.  They look very well thought out and it must have taken a very long time to lay them down.

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Quote from: BlaZ on June 12, 2007, 04:31:04 PM
Quite a simple connection here.
But they are looking great, BlaZ! :thumbsup:

Travis

A few new ones from me...

A simple overpass...

An interchange...

Comments?  :)

Ennedi

Comments? With pleasure  :D

1. Try to soften transitions from flat terrain downhill to the slope (highway and avenue on the first pic)
2. This highway interchange (2nd pic) is difficult to use - it looks ugly very often (I don't know why...  %wrd). The same about the NAM transition from elevated highway to the ground one - especially from the direction as on your picture (top left corner).
2.1 Try to remove this transition and make your own (as on your first pic)
2.2 Don't make curves such close to this interchange - it will look more elegant

Don't be angry of my criticism - when I was a child, my parents used to say "there are more requirements for more talented people" - I didn't like it at all... :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Travis

Thanks for taking the time to critique my pictures- constructive criticism never hurt anyone.  :)

1- I must have spent an hour trying to do just that, I tried every trick in my book, such as trying to use the rail tool to soften the grade, but
nothing worked.  :(

2- Indeed, that interchange is very ugly, but such are many american freeways, and I'm going for realism, ugly or not.  ;) And yes, it's a rather
weird bug that occurs on that transition, but...
2.1- space becomes an issue here.

2.2- I agree, but I had little choice, space was once again an issue.  :( I'll see what I can fix though.

Once again, thanks for your comments, my friend.  :)

bat

Welcome to page 3!

Great pictures, Travis! A wonderful simple overpass! ;)