• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Tarkus

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on May 10, 2021, 01:36:45 PM
If you mean this diagram, well, here you go. I don't know if it needs to be updated at all, but as far as I know, all the drag patterns it shows should still be valid in NAM 41.

It is indeed still valid--and a fantastic reference!  In fact, it's been in the NAM Documentation's RHW Feature Guide for awhile now.

-Alex

City_Slider

Hey Alex, why i cant "Like" this posting? After i klicked on "Like" nothing shows up or happens..

Regards, Oliver

And BTW, could you please change my Username to City_Slider? (at the LEX) im using Silvaner in there. ... If it´s possible.

Regards, Oliver

Tarkus

Quote from: City_Slider on May 11, 2021, 09:20:41 AM
Hey Alex, why i cant "Like" this posting? After i klicked on "Like" nothing shows up or happens..

Regards, Oliver

And BTW, could you please change my Username to City_Slider? (at the LEX) im using Silvaner in there. ... If it´s possible.

Regards, Oliver

Not sure why the "Like" button isn't working for you.  Sometimes, it can be a little bit non-responsive, in which case, reloading the page might help.  LEX username changes are a tricky thing . . . there's not actually a way for us to do them without actually going into the database and manually editing.  In any case, it appears you already have a City_Slider account on the LEX, too.  I'll fix it up so you can use it.

-Alex

manga rivotra

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this message, but I have a general question about Nam. On various pic, especially on Simtropolis, I saw several members of the Nam team posting photos of textures where we see the texture ID appear directly on the road part. I suppose this is a possibility offered to the developers of the Nam team, but it could be an extremely useful tool for anyone who wants to work on textures ... like me for example  :) (or simply to find a texture ID) . If it is indeed a tool available to the team, is it possible to share it? Does this tool work on versions prior to Nam 41?

flann

Hello there mango rivotra,

The texture IIDs are not a tool per se, but rather a (mostly) complete override set of textures created with rivit's GoFSH tool.  It's kind of a pain to put together, so it doesn't have any of the new stuff since like NAM 39 or something, but here's a link.  Must load after NAM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgl1fewt7077ojr/NAM_Numbered_Textures.7z?dl=0

manga rivotra

dyoungyn

NAM Team,

Thank you so much for all your hard and dedicated work.

I am in search of how to draw out the attached Y ramp.

dyoungyn

flann

Quote from: dyoungyn on June 01, 2021, 05:45:30 PM
NAM Team,

dyoungyn

Here are the drag patterns for the RHW-2 wyes:

pieman102

Quote from: flann on June 02, 2021, 06:54:00 AM
Quote from: dyoungyn on June 01, 2021, 05:45:30 PM
NAM Team,

dyoungyn

Here are the drag patterns for the RHW-2 wyes:

Are these drag patterns overrideable with other RHW networks? Like RHW-4?

Tarkus

All of those particular ramps are RHW-2 only.  The MIS is going the wrong way for anything wider than an RHW-3, and trying to override it to go the other direction does not work (speaking from extensive experience back when I first developed the A1 and B1 DRIs back in 2009-2010, which necessitated the dedicated "Inside" setups).  That's also the reason the Type D1 and E1 FLEXRamps were rebased from RHW-4 to RHW-3, such that the RHW-2 could be built with it as well.

The one that's a complete Y does have a somewhat obscure RHW-4 cousin, that uses a slightly different drag pattern, by the way:

-Alex

dyoungyn

Thank you all.  This is is exactly what I was looking for.

Now, one other thing I was really hoping for is REW Y  with one-way roads ending with a road.  Objectively, it would appear as road (white) for REW and One-way roads and avenues in the region view.

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you again for showing us once again the wonderful possibilities of this discovered ability.

Now, see the attached and this interchange is now MUCH better and complete.

Wiimeiser

The RRW-1 and RRW-2 bridges are missing paths, at least in LHD. I don't think this should be the case because they use existing paths, unless bridges are different somehow?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

AsimPika3172

Hmmmm....

Maxis elevated rail can crossed over higher elevated RHW, but elevated RRW can't crossed over higher elevated RHW...  ()what()

I loves Sim City forever!

Tyberius06

Hi,

Indeed, the RRW/Rail side of thouse elevated overpasses is not supported yet. Eventually it will be covered, I guess. Eventually...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Wiimeiser

It shouldn't be too hard to do, IIRC the hardest part is the models, and I believe combining existing models is easy in comparison. Given that these are rather important crosslinks, they could be coming sooner rather than later.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

als98

Hi! I noticed a problem recently after upgrading from NAM 40 to NAM 41. It seems that during the upgrade, the paths disappeared from many (though mysteriously not all) of my one-way roads. (both default OWR-2 and NWM OWR-1). It appeared I was able to fix that by clicking on the affected roads with the OWR tool (and the paths showed up when the "drawpaths" cheat was enabled) and I think this mostly worked except for one one-way road that was fine before and now every single building along it is "abandoned due to commute time". I'm not sure if I messed something up during installation of NAM 41 or if this is a known problem, but I thought I would drop a note about it here. Thanks!

Tarkus

Did you install any sort of One-Way Road Arrow-related plugin from the NAM at any point?  There's been a couple of them (including the recent RealExpressway Arrow Remover) that replace the texture-based OWR items with models, designed to hide the arrows, and model-based items have different path Group IDs than texture-based items.

I'd recommend making sure you don't have one installed (or select a safe option, like the "Single Arrows for One-Way Road), and then rebuild the effected OWRs while the game is on pause.  This should prevent any sort of abandonment issues while you fix the paths.

-Alex

jprono

So I just bought the game from GOG installed it and I'm attempting to install NAM.  I can get it to tell me the 4gb patch is installed when I run the .bat file, but nothing else ever happens.  If I run as administrator, it tells me "error, 4gb patch.exe was not found in this folder" Can somebody please help me figure out what I'm missing please.