• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Prop Family Index

Started by BarbyW, September 26, 2007, 07:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Honestly I've absolutely no idea why a bunch of people think it's worthwhile to download the ID ranges assigned to others. But, a quick look back and you'll see this happens to every one I post?!?

evarburg

Yes, I noticed.  Will that be a problem for my future uploads if other people have the same ID range  ?

twalsh102

I would suggest that there is no bad intent here (although the possibility does exist), but rather various people download the complete listing for the purpose of research / troubleshooting (I have considered doing this myself).

While the issue is much less prevalent today, with some of the earlier downloads, some custom content creators for a number of reasons failed to provide an accurate list of needed dependencies for their creations.  If one has created a "database" of the ID ranges given out and who those ranges belong to, one has a tool to help at least narrow down where to look for what's missing.  However, this is somewhat more difficult if one only has the range itself and not the individual IDs within those ranges.  However, since mgb204 started providing a complete listing of available IDs for each range, the search has become much simpler (if one has his own copy of the "database") as one only needs to insert a Family ID in a search box, and hit search to find who that ID belongs to.

I guess some people figure it's easier/quicker for them to use a search capability they have compiled for their own use (apparently not taking into consideration the time and effort involved in keeping their own "database" up to date), rather than query the keeper of the master "database" about the owner of a particular Family ID, no matter how quickly he is able to respond (maybe this is part of an "I want an answer right this second!" mentality).  To each his own, I guess!

mgb204

Quote from: evarburg on July 26, 2018, 08:20:38 PM
Yes, I noticed.  Will that be a problem for my future uploads if other people have the same ID range  ?

Nope, you have been assigned the range, if someone else uses your IDs, you have the right to force them to change them. The whole point of ID reservation is to prevent such conflicts, it would be frowned upon if others used your IDs.

evarburg

Well, I'm certainly not going to go on the ID Police patrol. I'll just use my ID range and we'll see down the line if there are any problems.

While I have you here :-), a question : I must ask author's permission to use their props. What if they've left the game and are impossible to contact ? (I'm thinking of those whose props I use more often, like D66 or MJB, or SG...)

mgb204

You are free to re-use and modify Prop Exemplars as you wish. Provided you don't redistribute the actual models themselves, but instead link to them as dependencies.

jodavis15

Could I get a range assignment please?

Thank you, Jo

mgb204

jodavis15's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FC00 --> 0x5F85FCFF

Find a complete ID listing attached (zip file) for reference.

Indiana Joe

Robin I sincerely appreciate you keeping things up and running around here  :thumbsup:

I'm going to go ahead and ask for a range, presumably we're at D00 through DFF now.

Thanks again  :)

mgb204

Indiana Joe's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FD00 --> 0x5F85FDFF

Find a complete ID listing attached (zip file) for reference.

Tyberius06

Hi!

I'm probably at the wrong place with this, but I didn't want it to be forgotten or overlapped. Could any of you tell me (maybe who has the given prop family range list), that the following prop families are belonging to whoms range?
0x6cc41000
0x6cc41001
0x6cc41004

They showed up as missing dependencies on Aldara6166 - Intermodal Shipping Depot by RJM Designs lot, and giving those numbers are way too organized I assume they belong to prop families. This lot is old, it was made at the end of 2005.

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Kitsune

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 15, 2018, 01:36:32 PM
Hi!

I'm probably at the wrong place with this, but I didn't want it to be forgotten or overlapped. Could any of you tell me (maybe who has the given prop family range list), that the following prop families are belonging to whoms range?
0x6cc41000
0x6cc41001
0x6cc41004

They showed up as missing dependencies on Aldara6166 - Intermodal Shipping Depot by RJM Designs lot, and giving those numbers are way too organized I assume they belong to prop families. This lot is old, it was made at the end of 2005.

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius

Such a weird range as it does not start with a 5. If you go by the old index at simtrop - https://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/13510-bsc-prop-family-index/ ... its likely that one was never indexed and/or the user picked it out of thin air.. which is always possible too when a file is that old.
~ NAM Team Member

lazaroumonkeyterror

Hello, I've been modding for years but now only getting round to setting up Prop Families.
Can I get a range please?

CT14

Quote from: Kitsune on October 15, 2018, 03:36:44 PM
Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 15, 2018, 01:36:32 PM

0x6cc41000
0x6cc41001
0x6cc41004

Such a weird range as it does not start with a 5.

These look like Cohort file IIDs, which are made by adding 1 to the first character of the prop family IID. So the prop families would be 0x5cc41000, 0x5cc41001 and 0x5cc41004 if this is what's going on. And the error would relate simply to missing cohort files (containing prop family names to show in Lot Editor).

mgb204

Lazaroumonkeyterror's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FE00 --> 0x5F85FEFF

Please note, due to the insane number of people downloading the Prop Family attachments, I will no longer be making them publicly available. You might argue there are legitimate reasons for 200+ members to download such a listing, but that's poppycock! If you just wanted to know the range, all that information is provided in the two line response. I don't know what people are doing with them, but I am going to put a stop to it.

Instead from now on, I'll be sending a separate PM to those applying for ranges, with a non-public link to said file on Google Drive. So thanks to all those people for the extra work, when all I was trying to do, was to provide something that made understanding the ID allocation easier.

scoty

Hello, may I have a prop-family range ? thanks in advance.
... that's my pixel, click away!

mgb204

scoty's Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F85FF00 --> 0x5F85FFFF

I've sent you a PM with a link to download the allocated ID listing.

nathkel

I would actually like to GIVE BACK my prop IIDs. I was issued FADE0000-FADEFFF, but i think i was confused at what i needed (being a newbie and all).
I'm mostly interested in creating textures, not prop modeling.

If i need any Prop IIDs, i'll come back to this thread.

mgb204

As per PM Request (ST):

Oidaas' Prop Family ID Range:
0x5F860000 --> 0x5F8600FF

Quote from: nathkel on June 19, 2019, 02:02:18 PM
I would actually like to GIVE BACK my prop IIDs.

I don't see this range in my files, but if you are sure it's correct I can make sure they can be given a new home. Sorry I must have missed this post, probably with the whole site move around that time, given the date.

xxdita

Does anyone have an updated Master List? Apparently my range was sent via MSN, so it's not traceable in this thread.