• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asahi

Bravo, everyone! &apls
Let me just add my small village of Natori to this wonderful topic!

Located somewhere in the Hokuriku region of Japan, Natori is a peaceful village with no broadband internet yet. ;D

Yeah, there are some undeveloped residentals and I'm trying to raise the demand, but you get the picture. :-[

The Buddhist temple in the village and its beatiful garden attract tourists.

Autumn! Rice harverst time!! Season for festivals!! :D

A small downtown developing around the train station.

A big company is gradually buying up all the farmlands to build a factory there. Some citizens protest saying that it will destroy the historical cityscape, but without much success... &mmm

あさひ

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

dedgren

Beautiful rice field (paddies?- I'm at the edge of my knowledge, here), Asahi.

Natori looks like a sweet little village.  I'd love to see more.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Asahi

Thank you David!!

The beautiful rice fields (or paddies, whichever's okay) I'm using extensively is the latest creation by Y.H, aka 2ch.net Simplayer. Most of the buildings are works of NOB and SOMY, famous for his industrial stuff.

In answer to your kind request, some additional pics.

Asahi
あさひ

(\__/)

jeronij

Wow, tons of rice  :D !!!
I have to play more with some of these rural lots seen here  ::)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

bat

Fantastic pictures and nice lots! :thumbsup:

Asahi

Jeronij, while I didn't make full use of the terrain in this town, I can't imagine enough how lively and dynamic it would be if you were to play with these lots!

bat, I could have worked on the details better, but thank you for your comment!!
あさひ

(\__/)

jmyers2043

Hello Asahi - I like the picture with the train station. That close up view of the shopping district is nice because you get the feel that there is a pedestrian walkway between the buildings.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Asahi

jmyers2043:
Yes, the buildings are placed so that there's a supposed walkway between there, but in fact, all that CS buildings are just one big 3x6 LOT by SOMY.. :-[
So I'm not doing anything noteworthy, but thanks anyways! I'll try to depart from relying too much on individual lots when I post next time. ;)
あさひ

(\__/)

Gaston

Good morning, Asahi.    Thanks for posting these great pictures.     And for posting the link, as well.    I have only two problems.   I can not figure out where to click to download.    And, are the irrigation ditches and pathways included in the lot?

おはよう、朝日。これらの名画の記入をありがとう。そして同様にリンクの記入のために。Iはわずか2つの問題しか持っていません。Iは、ダウンロードにどこにクリックするべきであるか考えることができません。また、潅漑溝および道はロットに含まれていますか。

--- Gaston
--- ギャストン
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Asahi

Good morning Gaston! I envy that its still Sunday morning there. It's already Monday in Japan ;D
And thank you for the accompanying Japanese text. ()stsfd()

You're talking about Y.H's rice field set right? Look for an icon of a paper with a paperclip on it. Actually you see two, but the upper one is it. Below that, you see a filename "NipponDenen.zip" and its filesize. Click on the filename to download the lot set.

And yes, the ditches/pathways are included in the set as puzzle pieces, along with several ploppable houses (eye candy). This might get too long for this forum so I'll write the details somewhere else, probably in the Japan forum. Be sure to check back later!
あさひ

(\__/)

Gaston

Thanks Asahi,
    Wow that is a big file.    That is going to take a while.     Very cool looking stuff though.   I am sure it will be worth it.   I have to admit I am a bit of a Nippon-o-phile.  ( really fascinated with the Japanese culture )    It is something I have always been interested in.   I'll keep checking the Japanese forums as well.

--- Gaston

(I'll try to edit in the Japanese text later.    Once the "rice paddies" are downloaded and my computer has the resouces available)
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

MAS71

Bravo ASAHI-san &apls
We "Japanese" must not forget the Soul of my country "Japan"!! ;)
The Rice fields are mother of us Japanese! $%Grinno$%

Asahi

Gaston, and all other people interested,
I've decided to dedicate a topic for this.

Check: Y.H's Japanese Countryside Set topic at the Japan forum.

MAS71-san,
Thank you! Agreed.. rice fields are so beautiful.. and not only that, it fills your stomach like nothing else too! :D
あさひ

(\__/)

Gaston

Very cool Asahi.   I will be keeping an eye on that forum as well.   Thanks.

---Gaston

ps.  50% done with downloading that "rice paddie" set and nearly one hour left for downloading time.   LOL
白龍

meinhosen

Asahi - that's an amazing town.  I love the way those commercial lots blend together to form a pedestrian area in between them.

Here's a shot of a small town I've been working on the past few days.

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

bat

Your small town is looking great, meinhosen!

sebes

The small Japaneese town looks very cute!
Meinhosen, the soft slopes  in your landscape are very beautiful  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Asahi

Thank you sebes!!

Meinhosen, your town looks pleasant! How about putting a house or two in the farmlands so the town borderline wouldn't look too sudden?
あさひ

(\__/)

Couchpotato

Some beautiful cities here.   I love your farms Asahi and thanks for the links.  Downloaded lots of stuff.    &apls

My cities are usually quite small as I never zone for the big guys.   And they all have lots of parks and water running through them.

HabLeUrG

wow lovely town with those suburbs, flora and parks  &apls