• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

Alright then, waterfronts and seaports have been one of the least developed parts of Solaria with usually a seaport and the odd beach just being it. However over time the shorelines are getting spruced up as more realistic docks and other water frontage is added.

Our main focus will be Solarian Point, located south of the capital Imperial Command Centre and housing Solarian Bay and 1/2 of Solarian Island, the Solarian Main docks are located here. The others being in Solarian Harbour - Solarian City to the east, South Solaria for the super tankers to the south west, Rangitoto Town - a small local dock due to be closed, Te Puke and Half Moon Bay on the Solarian River that deals with coal, gas, lumber and steel and the Imperial Command Centre/Tamaki Docks in the north of Solarian River that deal with general manufacturing as well.

Solarian Main Docks after construction. Surrounded by Penrose (south) industrial estate and connected by an extensive rail and logistics system, the Solarian Main Docks deal with 55% of Solaria's main dry goods as well as 1/3 of garbage exporting. No wet goods are dealt with here, Solarian City and South Solaria deal with those.

Somebody has to deal with trash.

Close up on part of the Solarian Main Docks system.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p5/Palpatine001/SolarianPoint-newmajorwaterfrontwit.jpg <<< this is a 1280x1024 shot

This is around south of the docks as part of the Point View/Solarian Bay Boardwalk. This is part of the renewal of effort of water frontage along the coast and shorelines of the Solarian River System.
Thanks to Peg for making this possible.
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

figui

nice pictures of solaria's shoreline Palpatine001 :thumbsup:

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

yes, nice pictures there, Palpatine001! Great work on it! :thumbsup:

Palpatine001

Thanks for the comments, will get more shore pic's as I go through updating Solaria.
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Ennedi

@Yoman,

Invite Xixiz, Antoine (and Robin to lot editing) and make the new team: Cranemasters  :D :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

Yoman...  :o ... that looks awesome.  I hope to get my hands on that crane sooner or later.  I glad you decided to make it a little bigger.  The size now looks perfect.  High enough to be over to he ship and long enough to extend to the other side of the ship as well.  Great job on this.   &apls &apls I think it looks just like the one you showed from RL.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

figui

great container terminal Yoman :thumbsup:
and nice cranes &apls

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

Yes a really great picture of this, Yoman! Wonderful work on that! :thumbsup:

Palpatine001

Have to give the  :thumbsup: to that container terminal there.

Question, you using the stuff you made and where can I get it?
Now Idle

Mr_Maison

I always love coming into these forums for inspiration. Beautiful pics everyone. Here is my first official scenic pic here. This is a current project of mine.

dsrwhat316

these are some great pics, guys!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

here's a little somethin' from me:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

suplado!

wow cool seaports...

well here's mine

... ;D

Andreas

That seaport looks really cool, suplado! Where did you get that warehouse in the upper right corner of the last pic (the one with the many loading bays)?
Andreas

bat

That's a wonderful picture of your city, Mr_Maison!

Beautiful port there and nice pictures, dsrwhat316!

Your harbor is also looking fantastic, suplado!! Great pictures!

jmdude1

hi andreas, just thought i would add my 2 cents.  just search for 'warehouse' at simtrop, they are props made by cogeo. what i really like about them is that they are also in a prop family which is great for randomness. hope that helps.  :)

also, i like your port pics suplado, i hope you post some more. i like the diagonal section in the bottom right of the 1st pic and the use of custom content, very nice!

Andreas

Quote from: jmdude1 on December 02, 2007, 08:57:20 AM
hi andreas, just thought i would add my 2 cents.  just search for 'warehouse' at simtrop, they are props made by cogeo. what i really like about them is that they are also in a prop family which is great for randomness. hope that helps.  :)

Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try. :)
Andreas

Masochist

suplado!, that seaport is phenomenal!  The whole composition of the mosaics are awesome, actually.  You really have a knack for putting them together :thumbsup:!

Man, I love sharing pictures here!  You can see so much more detail when you can see 1024 pixels across...;)  I have more pictures of my harbour, complete with the recreation side done and the bottom left entrance widened, as per fugui's suggestion.  There are quite a few pictures to follow...

Overview, with ships:

More close-ups of main port:

Now for the new Recreational Harbour:

And even a couple night shots...:

Hope you like it!  Again, I'm still kind of new at this whole build-a-seaport thing.  If you have anymore tips or anything, please let me know!
(Under Construction)

JoeST

WOW, thats amazing.. pitty about the damn freight station textures tho... but still WOW they are brilliant

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bat

That harbor is looking beautiful, Masochist!
Great night shots and wonderful overview!