• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The GDP-o-Matic

Started by Djohaal, August 19, 2009, 06:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djohaal

Ok here we go with a completely new idea, a tool for calculating the GDP of your regions...

So far it is an spreadsheet that needs manual input of the data. I'm interested in coming up with reliable Factor numbers (those in the blue field) to a more realistic GDp maker. The real GDP list on the right serves as both reference and a GDP/capita table for calculating it on ficitional populations (such as in CJs)

A friend of mine is working on a .dat reader (so the data there is output on a better format) for the BSC Region Tracking Mod, it seems to include other data such as EQ and life expectacy, I think I'll be able to make an HDI-o-matic too...

(Note on the file: due to some unproper reading on my part, I mixed up the terms GDP and GNP. From what this tool does, I beleive GDP is the more appropriate term.)

For the file, refer to the simtropolis thread http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=109135&enterthread=y&STARTPAGE=1#last

tag_one

Looks very interesting Djohaal! I like the idea of comparing the GDP a region with other countries.  :thumbsup:

debutterfly

Wow!!! Real interesting.  :thumbsup: I love using data in Excel and modifying it. I especially like using macros to simulate sports seasons.

Larry (debutterfly)

Djohaal

Implemented some more functions to it, as it goes:

1: Subdivided the total GDP in millions and billions for better data tracking

2: Added a HDI calculator implementation, based upon the real HDI equations for GDP and life expectacy (education used a simple interpolation though), although the original coefficients were adjusted for the simcity universe.

3: Added a green area calculator to use the "parks" tracking the BSC region tracking tool has

4: Added an Average Mayor Rating count

5: Added a population density calculator, which however has a couple of faults since simcity is very badly scaled on the rural-to-urban ratio. We'll be able to compare among our own cities but not with real-world locations (unless we are talking about urban area only population densities)

6: Added complete support to the simcity region data .dat reader tool Serdan is coding for me, you just have to pase a table of numbers and the spreadsheet does its magic.

I'm waiting for serdan to finish his counter gimmick, then we'll have version 1.0 of the spreadsheet and version 1.0 of the region data viewer.

tag_one

I love the work you put into this. This new tool will be very interesting for sure.  :thumbsup: