• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WELCOME TO THE UNITED SIMNATIONS ("The Borderless Region")

Started by Sim.Rico, April 05, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Sim.Rico

Jmouse

You certainly have a creative approach to MDing. I like your originality, though,  and would love to see more city-building photos.

Rock on...
-Joan

Sim.Rico

FOUR COUNTRIES STRONG! - SEVENTEEN REGIONS AND GROWING!
FEATURING PEYTON PLACE
"KPTN-TV13 SPECIAL REPORT - MARKET SQUARE MACABRE"
KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....New Construction At the old Market Square Uncovers Legends That Haunted Midtown area for over 200 Years!...See Todays News Report For The Latest From SkyEye Andy!....USN Airmann Inter-Global Airport Gets A Face Lift!!!!  More Terminals, Airline Gates And New Underground Shuttle Services!....THE BIPIN MONUNMENT Restoeration Under Way At AIA!  Next Week On KPTN TV13  More From  Celeste Celestine's Report As She Interview Mama Luigi and her Son. ............ . . . . . . .   ..      .    .    . .(In Other News:  S I M G R A M M I E S MOVES TO SC4D!!!  Stay Tuned For More Information As The Annual Event Draws Close!   Nominate YOUR Favorite Mayors , Cities and Events!  Ballots Open Six Months Before The BIG EVENT! Entertainer BARBARA SIM STREISAND Has Signed As Host!)......*******This Is The United SimNations!!!.....We Are A Collaborated Interactive SimCity4 Region Of Regions That Has No Borders!....Welcomes New Co Founder NETO DARI!******(This  MAYOR'S DIARY Updated Weekly.  This 08/23/1954 Update Brought To You By "Mamma Peytons Greazy Spoon - McGraw's Pub - SimTasty's BBQ "The Secret's In  Da Sauce" - Cheers And Sim E. Terry & Sons Mortuary "We've Been Expecting You!".)

CITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS REPORT
More Pics From This Week's Diary

Farm land in north east Peyton Place, USN, sold to the city for new urban develpment.  New Subdivisions and shopping centers planned for this 4,000  acres of rich land just off of the I-20 East Corridor at Arcadia County Road 1

The first parcel of land sold was the old Baynes Farms.  There are lots of history that goes with this family farm which will be covered in future episodes in the presentation section of this Diary.

Construction has begun on May 5, 1954.  Dentonfire County Commissioner's Office and Department of Rezoning has approved a multi-million dollar buyout and redevelopment for this area.   The homes will be in the upward $120,000 for the modest homeowners in the city

Over a six month lapse, the old farm was razed and the land leveled for a new modest subdivision.  The name of this new 1950's State Of The Arts Modern community is yet to be decided.

For another six months, streets have been paved in the new subdivision , underground plumbing has been installed, gas lines and other utilities, as well as the feeder roads to the new community has been stripped out , to make way for  upgraded boulevards leading out to I-20 East/West.  The convenience of this corridor will link those moving in this suburban area , to  new shops and services coming soon to Peyton Place, USN (See New Business Section above, in this MD)

The New Subdivision Is NOW Under Construction!!!!  It will provide homes for over 600 families of modest income!  This subdivision will be one of the most prestigious in all of Peyton - Stepford - New Troy Valley, USN.

COMING UP:  New Business Moves Into the Newly Re-Developed Mark Square!  Serving Peytoners will be "Cattyshacks' Golfer's Club-KLUB!", "Romauldillos Italiano Bistro",  "JMouse's House Of Pies", "Titanic Cruizes Travel Agency", 'FrankUniversity (FrankU) Annex Downtown", "The Bipin Monument" and many more!  Want to open a business in Peyton, USN, Its EASY! Leave a comment below

KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....Would You Like To Have A Prestigious Subdivision And Major Roadway Named After YOU!  This Sparkling New Community Can Be In YOUR Name to Carry On YOUR Legacy In All of Peyton Place, USN's history!   Its EASY!!! Just Be the 5th Reply In This Week's Update And ITS YOURS!!!!!  Your Name Goes On the Entrance And County Office Registration.  You Will Be Mentioned As Part Of Upcoming MD Presentations!....

Replies In This Presentation Episode:
@TitanicBuff:  Check out the new North Lakes Community (Built 1934).. The best of lots located there!
@Catty:  Thanks for the info and heads-up.  Check Out CattyShack's Golfers Club Now Open in Jericho!
@Romauldillo:  No Worries - I think Mama Luigis took over the old chain! Hadnt heard from @Cort The GodFather in Y'arrs!
@Jmouse!:  JMouse's House Of Pies Is NOw Open!  Check it out!

titanicbuff

I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

catty

Hello Sim.Rico

Another great cover picture   :thumbsup: I especially loved the ghosts and skeletons, but a MD is called a Mayors' Diary for a reason and there is an expectation on this site that we will see your city being developed and that if you mention

QuoteUpcoming Episodes will debut new businesses Opening in a USN Regional City Near YOU

that the visitors to your MD will actually see pictures of them, as I say I have really liked your cover pictures, but would also like to see your city as well.

-catty

EDIT: Before anyone brings it up, yes I am aware that if you click the cover shot it takes you to an online PowerPoint presentation, but it isn't on this site and it can take quite sometime to click thru all the pages and if you want to go back and look at a previous picture or just take it all in, its not possible, and to be honest I would prefer not to go to a different site to look at someone's MD regardless of how good it is, and it is good

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

romualdillo

What can I say?? WOW!!  &apls

I never expected opening a restaurant. But I'm afraid of conflict with the other Italian restaurants' owners, specially those from Caracortada's... What will happen??

Great work!!

catty

Quote from: catty on August 24, 2014, 03:41:29 AM
...that the visitors to your MD will actually see pictures of them, as I say I have really liked your cover pictures, but would also like to see your city as well...

Thanks for making the change, its really nice to see your pictures and I do really like your powerpoint presentations, anyway a karma point coming your way for making the change   :thumbsup:

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Sim.Rico

FEATURING JERICHO!
"KPTN-TV13 BREAKING NEWS! - JERICHO TIME CAPSULE LOCATED UNDER MARKET SQUARE"
KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....During The Recent Market Square Redevelopment in Peyton - A Time Capsule Was Uncovered !  Today KPTN TV13 Received The OK To Open The Seal And Share Its Content With You The Viewers!!!!!   Click On The FIRST Pic In This Diary Update For A Presentation Of Jericho , USN!...See Todays News Report For The Latest From SkyEye Andy!....USN Airmann Inter-Global Airport Gets A Face Lift!!!!  More Terminals, Airline Gates And New Underground Shuttle Services!....THE BIPIN MONUMENT Restoration Under Way At AIA!  Next Week On KPTN TV13  More From  Celeste Celestine's Report As She Interview Mama Luigi and her Son. ............ . . . . . . .   ..      .    .    . .(In Other News:  S I M G R A M M I E S MOVES TO SC4D!!!  Stay Tuned For More Information As The Annual Event Draws Close!   Nominate YOUR Favorite Mayors , Cities and Events!  Ballots Open Six Months Before The BIG EVENT! Entertainer BARBARA SIM STREISAND Has Signed As Host!)......*******This Is The United SimNations!!!.....We Are A Collaborated Interactive SimCity4 Region Of Regions That Has No Borders!....Welcomes New Co Founder NETO DARI!******(This  MAYOR'S DIARY Updated Weekly.  This 09/06/1954 Update Brought To You By "Mamma Peytons Greazy Spoon - McGraw's Pub - SimTasty's BBQ "The Secret's In  Da Sauce" - Cheers And Sim E. Terry & Sons Mortuary "We've Been Expecting You!".)

KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....Would You Like To Have A Prestigious Subdivision And Major Roadway Named After YOU!  Sparkling New Communities Can Be In YOUR Name to Carry On YOUR Legacy In All of Peyton Place, USN's history!   Its EASY!!! Just Be the 5th Reply In This Week's Update And ITS YOURS!!!!!  Your Name Goes On the Entrance And County Office Registration.  You Will Be Mentioned As Part Of Upcoming MD Presentations!....In Other News!  THE SIMGRAMMY'S MOVES TO SC4D!  IN THE NEW STEPFORD ISLAND CONFERENCE CENTER!!!  STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!!
Lot Download Coming Soon!

@CompDude:  Thanks big guy!  That USN Regional screenshot is actually an old one.  I've posted a more developed regional pic  in some of the other presentation releases.  (I just used an old one  here to coincide with the time capsule find)!

compdude787

That's neat; I don't think you've ever posted a pic of your entire region.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Sim.Rico

FEATURING JERICHO!

KPTN-TV13 REPORT:  JERICHO'S LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
NEW PLANNED COMMUNCITY
FIRST SCHOOL OPENS (see Presentation)
KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....JERICHO, USN BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON SECOND LARGEST PLANNED COMMUNITIES IN UNINCORPORATED SERLING COUNTY...PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO.....KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....JERICHO, USN BEGINS CONSTRUCTION ON SECOND LARGEST PLANNED COMMUNITIES IN UNINCORPORATED SERLING COUNTY...PROMINENT FRANKLYNN FAMILY DONATES ACRES OF FARMLAND TO JERICHO FOR THE TWONSHIPS'S FIRST PUBLIC SCHOOL...FUTURE PLANS FOR FRANKLINN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS IS MILESTONED.  TRAFFIC ANNALYSIS AND TREND FOR COMMUTERS IN AND AROUND JERICHO.....

KPTN-TV13 NEWSBREAK....Would You Like To Have A Prestigious Subdivision And Major Roadway Named After YOU!  Sparkling New Communities Can Be In YOUR Name to Carry On YOUR Legacy In All of Peyton Place, USN's history!   Its EASY!!! Just Be the 5th Reply In This Week's Update And ITS YOURS!!!!!  Your Name Goes On the Entrance And County Office Registration.  You Will Be Mentioned As Part Of Upcoming MD Presentations!....In Other News!  THE SIMGRAMMY'S MOVES TO SC4D!  IN THE NEW STEPFORD ISLAND CONFERENCE CENTER!!!  STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!!
Lot Download Coming Soon!

@Noahclem:
Thank you very much for that great review!  Your comment just made my day!

@JMouse:

Thank you Jhop! You know you and Cattyshack are my Idols! Lol,  Yes, some of the pics got by me (witht he drive missions, etc) , and thanks
for the reference link to removing the yellow border, zots, etc. .  I knew how to remove them, I think i rush to get presentations out and
sometimes it gets by me.

Re Numbering Pics:  Great Idea!  Will do!   And just read where Fabulous FrankU answered your question regarding the farm crop lots. I
love those too!

@CattyShak's:

You should try their Cheesecake (Non-Dairy of course!) :D.  Its the best , even better than Mamma Peyton's.  Working on a modified lot for
JMouse's Pies and CattyShak's Golf Club - The Club, so 'mums the word". I am hoping TitanicBuff will help me with some gmax stuff!

I'm glad you like the region. yup, all those tiny towns are in the regional tile.  thats just the view looking southwest.  its about the same size viewoing northeast.   :thumbsup:

@FrankU:

Thank You!  It's an honor to have the DEAN Of Frank University visit in Jericho, checking in on the progress of the university!  Blueprints are being
prepared by Denton/Dari to be sent to you for sign-off before construction phases begins.  The land donated for the first school will prove to be a
milestone years from now. Who knows which part of the original bldg will be preserved as the University builds around it.

Im glad you knew the name of the farm crop lots.  I was trying to locate the download link.  LOL, all "simeteries" are under the ownership of The Late
but Great Mr. Terry of the  Simm E. Terry & Sons Funeral Parlor - steer clear of these bodysnatchers!

@APSMS:

Thanks guy!  as clunky as the PPT is for you, Im glad it was a surprise! But there are still pics under the "Cover Pic Presentation" for those who prefer
to view the pics instead.   Like CompDude, I much rather "Video" which reminds me of the One And Only Mayor Defacto who had the first "interactive live diary".  I like creativite diversity  of how others present their work.

@CompDude:
Thank you too , CD!  Yup, I like a video approach too!  It would probably take some recording then trimming and splicing to get each update to flow as it tells the storyline.  The Peyton Place - Stepford Island - New Troy USN  Diaries are based off of a fictional town "Peyton Place" where its in the early 1900s
And the scandelous story is told from eyes of a son of the region using local newspaper , radio and tv as its media outlets.  Telegraphs too, until the great
COMPDUDEUSA (CompUSA) brings our sleepy hollow into the 21 century!

@Romauldillo:
Cool! The CEO of Ramauldillo's Italiano Bistro Corp is here in our tiny town!  What? You're afraid of "gated communities'?  But, I thought all CEO's live in
these 'ritzy communities!".  Heh, I betcha there's a "Wisteria Lane" somewhere in that Michael's Ridge Development!.   Yes!  The prominent Franklynn
family donated that land!  Cant thank them enough!

@Metarvo:
Thank you so much, Mr Matarvo, for your comments!  I appreciate how you were glad to learn of the home town for "Little Debbie's".  I stop by and get a case of those "Raisin Cakes" every chance I get!  I may put a good word in for you and have some shipped to your MDCity!  And thanks too, for the TV-News-style compliment.  I like to try and make it 'seem real' even as crazy as my stories can get!

*New Commenters:
Stay tuned to each new MD Episode - Watch for  announcements under the "Welcome NEw Business Owners" section!  Your name may appear on a new business, service, community development, etc. which will be part of the script of any given MD release, as the city grows!

noahclem

Love the presentation and style here  &apls  Many thanks for bringing a level of polish I've always appreciated in this community to a style I've barely seen. Normally I'd make a suggestion about railroad slope (and other slope, etc) but maybe you've already mastered this game's presentation in the way that you want to. Anyway, very nice and thank you  :)

Jmouse

Very entertaining update, Sim.Rico, and your sense of humor makes the experience that much better. So does the amazing level of detail you've achieved, and of course, your PP presentation. And here's a question for you. Where did you get the crops in the fourth photo on the Collins and Blair Farms?

Thanks for the House of Pies. I found it especially interesting because I was around when those cars in the parking lot were a common sight everywhere, although my first car was a 1964 Candy Apple red Mustang convertible.

Unlike Noah, I will make a couple of suggestions. Get rid of the UDI icons. They're not attractive and they detract from the stunning beauty of your work.  I explained how to get rid of the game interface here. Scroll down a few posts and there's a link to Willy's "Minimize Button remover" on the LEX. Both the interface and min. button can be turned off/on with a single key stroke. Also, number your photos. It's so much easier to comment on them individually.

catty

Loved the Jmouse House of Pies   :D

and your last picture showing the region is stunning especially when you look at the image in its original size   :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: Jmouse on September 24, 2014, 05:11:11 PM
And here's a question for you. Where did you get the crops in the fourth photo on the Collins and Blair Farms?

I can answer that: it's SPAM crops from Simpeg. You can use them also without the SPAM mod installed. Some of them I used (in edited way) in my own Dutch Farm Fields, but not all.

@ Sim.Rico: ha yes, beautiful. An unpolished photoshop style that is pleasing to the eye.
And language games like "simetery" always make me smile.

I am looking forward tot the Frank-U!

APSMS

EDIT: Before anyone brings it up, yes I am aware that if you click the cover shot it takes you to an online PowerPoint presentation, but it isn't on this site and it can take quite sometime to click thru all the pages and if you want to go back and look at a previous picture or just take it all in, its not possible, and to be honest I would prefer not to go to a different site to look at someone's MD regardless of how good it is, and it is good

I was not aware  :P I always was wondering why everyone was raving about Sim.Rico's cover images. I guess now I know why, though the powerpoint format is a bit clunky.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

compdude787

Quote from: APSMS on September 25, 2014, 08:45:05 AM

I was not aware  :P I always was wondering why everyone was raving about Sim.Rico's cover images. I guess now I know why, though the powerpoint format is a bit clunky.

I agree with you. To be perfectly honest, it might be better to present it as a video, especially considering that the PP presentations are formatted like a TV newscast. However, I'm sure that's quite a lot of work to do...

EDIT: On further thought, the Powerpoint format is pretty creative, and I like it. You don't have to switch to something else unless you want to.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

romualdillo

Great news for Jericho's development!!! I don't like gated communities very much, but I have not seen one in the game before. I thinks it's original... and I always wondered about what happens in this closed communities...  ::).
And it's great hearing about someone donating land to build a school!!  :P

metarvo

This is such an interesting perspective to MDing that it's hard to take my eyes off!  ;D  For one thing, the news updates are a big draw since they make the region seem so real.  I lol'd when I saw Little Debbie's Farm.  Now I know where some of the desserts I see come from.  :D  Nice work, Rico.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Sim.Rico

Replies posted as of 09/25/2014. Thanks guys for your comments, constructive critique, info and laughs!