• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

you have defeated maxis once more. Beautiful work.

Pat

David I honestly have no Idea what to say anymore here in SC4 3RR Edition!!! All I can hoenstly say or do is cheer you on my Alaskian Friend!!! So Keep on Trucking  ;)

bad pun if you didn't get it lol

~~~Pat~~~

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

"SimCity 4 is, in a sense, a work of art, that a team of extremely talented artists, engineers, designers, and producers
spent months labouring over, and that you, as a player bring to completion. We hope that playing it brings as much
satisfaction to you as creating it did for us."
Ocean Quigley
Art Director SimCity 4

And I'll bet they never saw the true potential the game had. They only have to check this thread out  :D :D

My favourite part of the above quote is "as a player bring to completion" and that can be seen by the great strides made by
some wonderful people as evident by the wonderful Mods, BAT and other grid breaking stuff. Everyday brings something new
to the game even if it only an idea that clicks with somebody else who thinks I can do that, and it snowballs from there.

Fully Functional dragable STR - Amazing simply amazing  &apls &apls

There can't be more more we need now is there??

&idea cycle lanes on roads/streets  :D

Oh yes and a nice cuppa Too  ;D ;D

Here's yours

( very much deserved ;) )

Regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Andreas

In a way, SimCity 4 is Maxis' legacy to us players. It was the last game that was completely developed in the old Maxis studios in Walnut Creek, even if the company was bought by EA a few years before. When you explore the files a bit, you also see that quite a few things were rushed and/or not finished, mainly due to time constrictions (release date), and I believe that if the Maxis guys would have been in a position to spend a few more weeks on it, many more things would have been possible.

Now, more than five years after the original release, we still discover new things, and so far, no predecessor was able to top SimCity 4's excellence. EA released a few other games with "SimCity" in the title, but I think we all have to agree that they are side-projects at best, trying to benefit from said legacy as well. But ultimately, they failed, and serve for no more than a niche market. I'd assume that even for the very ambitioned Cities XL, it will be very hard to gain notable market shares.

Despite the few remaining bugs and issues, Maxis developed a splendid game engine, and they put a lot of thought into the expandability - maybe knowing that it would be the last big thing they'd ever do regarding our favorite game series. They surely had certain hopes that the community would pick up the development, but I'm sure nobody would ever had expected that it was going to be such a tremendous success after all, thanks to all the great contributors here. Thank you for this! :)
Andreas

dedgren

What a bunch of recent grand comments!- thanks so much to each and everyone who takes the time to post your thoughts here.  And thank you to the lurkers, too.  Without all of you put together, we would never have hit
150K!!!
page views.

200,000 by the end of the year?  It's certainly doable.

I'm in STR heaven.

Any lingering doubters???

Let's see, what can we do with this...

...and we're just getting started.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Sheep49

I'm really speechless :o &apls

It's just marvellous! I really look forward to the realise of this railway! :thumbsup:
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

jestarr

Excellent stuff, David!  In reference to your post about signal bridges/towers, I quickly put one together at lunch.  Is this, roughly what you had in mind?  No textures, just default gmax colors.

EDITJess- I'm blown away, as always.  That is fantastic! -DE

un1

&apls

I'm getting ready for something large....

(Maybe BETA Testing?  $%Grinno$% )

-un1

JoeST

it really only costs §96 to lay that length of rail ::)

that is just more than fantastmagorical... your blowing me out of the water

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

deathtopumpkins

jestarr: That is an excellent signal bridge!  :thumbsup:

David, STR gets more amazing by the second! Oh, and can't forget everyone else involved too! You're all doing fantastic work guys!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Jmouse

Stunning pictures and heretofore unheard-of accomplishments, but not so surprising when you consider the vast amount of talent currently focused on this project. Great work, all!

Later...
Joan

thundercrack83

Oh, David--I am at a loss, my friend!

The draggable STRs, 150K views, there's always so much great stuff going on here at 3RR, I simply don't have a big enough vocabulary!

Keep it up, and I'll wager that we'll hit 200K well before the end of the year!

Dustin

nerdly_dood

What do I get for skipping a couple days, but STR bridges and curves and some railway trestles! Wow!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

threestooges

Jestarr: That is an excellent signal bridge. One of the few times basic GMAX colors look good as is. Great detail, great scale, great work.

pvarcoe

Cool shots of the single rail David.
And the detailing at the bottom of that gulch is excellent!!

metarvo

For once, a "real drag" doesn't have to be a bad thing. :)  3RR continues to stay fresh and constantly bends and breaks the rules of SC4.  A pipe dream one day can literally become connected to the main line on the next day, supplying water and...  Oops, another utility rave there  :-[.  It's true, though.  The STR really does connect to the main rail line (Maxis rail), and it can even form bridges.  I should mention that that signal bridge is another realistic addition.  This is intelligence at its highest, David, Matt, Alex, jestarr, and all who may be involved.

&apls 
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

metasmurf

genemc777

Yeah, when can we download it?

Pat

LoL Genemc777 it will be ready when its ready, patience is defintly a viture around here  ;D  I know I cant wait to get ahold of STR myself!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

inspecter

Great stuff. If its ready for beta testing I will be glad to beta test it.