• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

simple question about 3ds max

Started by squidi, November 22, 2008, 03:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidi

its not really an actualy problem - just a question to do not get in trouble  :)

i want to make a bootable raid0 system on my pc this weekend and so i have to reinstall my programs including 3ds max
my question is now when i save the scenes iam actually working on will that saved file remember all the textures and it paths
after reinstalling max?
as iam using about 50-60 different jpgs per scene i wont  setup all of them again.
so if you will have any tips to preserve me from getting trouble i will be very thankfull :)
i think for a little more experienced max user than me that question shouldnt be that hard :)

-paul

Diggis

Short answer, yes it should.  If the maps are saved in a default location the new installation should remember it, otherwise you may have to add the path to the search location for max, but you shouldn't have to remap the whole lot.

callagrafx

Quote from: Diggis on November 22, 2008, 03:36:49 AM
Short answer, yes it should.  If the maps are saved in a default location the new installation should remember it, otherwise you may have to add the path to the search location for max, but you shouldn't have to remap the whole lot.

You can actually add a root path and include all subfolders....so even if your textures are spread across the drive, Max should be able to find them  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

squidi

thank you both for the quick replys :thumbsup:
you take away my fear of gettin trouble :)

-paul