• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

41K I, 2K C... 1.7K R and No Job Zots...

Started by Kitsune, March 28, 2011, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Guys... I've never encountered this problem before. I have 41,000 industrial jobs... 2,000 commericial and only 1700 residents and I'm getting no job zots. Anyone with ideas why?
~ NAM Team Member

Twyla

Belated response, and maybe not 100% accurate (I'm sure plenty will jump on the opportunity to correct me) - but, as I understand it:

Your Sims are extremely finicky on the employment front.
A ) They're lazy
B ) They're finicky
C ) They're segregated

In regards to A, they'll stay at home and gripe about unemployment if they don't have a convenient means of transportation to and from an available job.  Not to mention that each Wealth has their own definition of what 'convenient transportation' is - R$$$s will seldom use buses, etc.

In regards to B, different Wealth Sims have different concepts as to reasonable work environments.  R$s and R$$s don't mind Dirty Industry and such so much, but R$$$s won't work (or live) in areas with high pollution - no matter how many jobs are available - leaving all those High Tech jobs unfilled due to the surrounding DI.

In regards to C, they can/will only work jobs of their same Wealth level.  If you have a city full of $$ and $$$ jobs, but only $ population, no one is qualified to work the available jobs.  Contrarily-wise, R$$$s are over-qualified for $ and $$ jobs.

It can be a tricky balancing act, particularly as various MODs/Add-Ons and selected Ordinances all influence whether your Sim goes to work or becomes a couch potato.