• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Monument Valley

Started by calibanX, May 17, 2009, 06:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Impressive work! You have a great city laid out well and lots of other good stuff going on. Hats off to you!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Geoff!

- The Staff

Nardo69

Congratulation for the OSITM!

That mapmaking of yours is quite nice, maybe I'll follow you with my stone-age PSP 5.01 ...  %confuso

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Congratulations, calibanX! You've definitely earned a month in the spotlight. That's very nice work on the maps, and a really helpful tutorial you posted. Looking forward to seeing what develops in the weeks to come - it's bound to be impressive! :)

Later...
Joan

KoV Liberty

Yes you have! Great job!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

art128

Congratulations, Geoff. This award is very well deserved for all the hard work you've done in your MD !  &apls &apls
Can't wait to see more develoment.
Take care,
-Arthur.   :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Glowbal

congratz! Deserved, for sure.  &apls

Battlecat

Congratulations on the well deserved OSITM!  I like that shot of your entire city in the last update, it looks great!

TheTeaCat

Hi Geoff

Just caught up on your MD and what an impressive one it is :thumbsup:
Great attention to details,great tutorial, fabulous pics and topped off by the award
very nice indeed. I'll be back for more for sure.

Enjoy your OSITM it's very well deserved &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

calibanX

Wow, this is just too cool. Spending time with the SC4Devotion community has been great fun. Thank you all for the hospitality and kind words. I started out building cities on flat maps. I would build them edge to edge because I thought that was the point of the game. I then came across ST and its forums. I saw amazing works of art being created there. I was inspired.

I began fully participating in the forums when SC4Devotion came online. You folks have helped me to get every last drop of creativity and fun out of this game, and I've enjoyed the humor and the back and forth with all of you who write. Thanks for your support and I wish you all the very best. Come back often, you're always welcome in Monument Valley.

Happy Independence Day!

Arthur (art128): Thank you Arthur. I'm curious to see what you do with the map. Please post some pics when you have some.

Nexis4Jersey: You've got me curious. I'll have to look at those cities on Google Earth. I had no real plan other than the map, which is not much of a plan.

kwakelaar: I'm glad you like the variety. I'll continue to try and vary the shots and the content so as not to bore anyone.

Jim (jmyers2043): Thank you for your thoughtful comments Jim. I'll try to bring more of the same as I work through this map. I always fret that I post too infrequently, but I figure quality over ferequency right? I'll be watching for your map :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto: Thank you for the comment. I'll try to bring you more cities. There should be a nice mixture of rural, small town, and big city life.

Bruce (Schulmanator): Thank you for those words. Oh, and thanks for the laughs over on Monkey Island. Too funny!

thundercrack83 & the Staff: Thanks for the support. July is a perfect month for OSITM. My birthday is on the 25th!

Bernhard (Nardo69): Thank you for the thumbs up my friend!

Joan (Jmouse): I appreciate that Joan. Thank you for stopping by. I look forward to seeing you around.

Driftmaster07: Thank you very much! Great to see you here.

Arthur (art128): Thank you my friend. I can't wait to show you more.

Glowbal: Thank you for the words of support. I appreciate them more than I can bring across in a typed post.

Battlecat: Thank you friend for the compliments throughout this endeavor. A lot of people are commenting on my maps. I would direct them to take a look at your topographic maps in Adara. I still envy your GIS software.

Derry (TheTeaCat): Welcome back, and thank you for taking time to stop by. Your thumbs up is very much appreciated. I certainly am enjoying this OSITM. Take care.

Be well all, and stay safe for Independence Day.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

calibanX

Arcadia is a small town that once had a bright future. During the early part of the twentieth century Arcadia saw a boom in the development of it's natural resources and with it a middle class was able to thrive. Merchants came to sell their wares to a large work force. In the latter half of the century Arcadia saw its fortunes fall. A new generation began to see it's future in the cities. The cities provided a better education and a life beyond what previous generations could achieve.

What is left is a quaint town who's population is on the decline.

Arcadia stradles the Rock River with its East side being primarily residential. The West bank is what is left of the mills and lumber industry that brought Arcadia its early success.

The Arcadia Furniture Factory is the largest employer in Arcadia. It still produces some of the finest furniture available.

Take care friends.

Geoff

Where City and Country Flow Together

art128

Geoff, Acadia looks great my friend, I really love the town center you done. Also, nice combination of maxis default trees and CP's ones, you make that looking extremely realistic. And i like the area of the train station with the freight building beside the passenger station. Good farms land and great use of fences and walls. Also, nice work on the map as usual !
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

beutelschlurf

moin calibanX,
that's a really nice city there, looks real, too!  :thumbsup:
can't get enouth of pics like those ...

b_schlurf

io_bg

I agree with the above, this update is really great, everything is realistic and the mixture of the Maxis and CP's trees is really well done! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

&apls &apls &apls Calibanx, my friend, congratulation for the OSITM!!!
Fanstastic update, really you are a master playing SimCity!!! &apls &apls &apls

Battlecat

That is a beautiful little city!  I've seen a number of small towns that look like that, complete with the river right up the middle. 

rooker1

It's your creativity and obvious fun you have with the game that got you into the OSITM. Congrats on the move! &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nedalezz

A bit late, but congratulations are in order for the award! Truth be told, you deserve it...this is a great piece of MDing. Arcadia reminds me of a typical midwest town/city sitting on the banks of a river. Very nice work.

Jmouse

Arcadia looks great, Geoff. The neighborhoods are really inviting – I always love an abundance of open spaces and lots of trees. You've done a marvelous job of laying FAR and FARR, too. It fits right in with the landscape and atmosphere of the town. Looks like you're doing well with the farms, too. Definitely looking forward to seeing a lot more of Monument Valley.

Later...
Joan

danielcote

Arcadia looks great and you're station does too!