• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hi David ,

I missed the party , due to my recent move for a new home I was truly overwhelmed by tasks to do imperatively  :-[ , but let me say once again how I'm proud to be a 3RR regular since its opening at SC4Devotion . 3RR ... the most exhaustive , extensive and  meticulous SC4 project ever undertaken ...  ::) You're THE visionary man of the community and certainly MAXIS would have never expected to generate such a passion and devotion from someone of your calibre . David , your tremendous ability , energy and enthusiasm for SC4 is ruthlessly communicative : you're the best reference for SC4 related works , as well than the absolute moral authority  for all your  interventions ( moderation ones included ) on these forums  . And I don't doubt any second that the future of SC4 ( and SC4Devotion )  depends hugely of your presence among us .

Well , I missed the party but , looking at all this food and alcoholic drinks , if someone needs some antimigraine drugs , I've got always some with me ( as I'm used to have headaches ... )

Cheers !  :D And long , very long life to 3RR . &bis&

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

gn_leugim

Happy birthday (delayed due to work =\)  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% :satisfied:

Terring7

The party is over, but let me throw an envelope with all my wishes under the door :)

Happy birthday &dance :party:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

abcvs

I really liked the pictures of the rail trail...  we have one down in the South Island, that is on my list of things to do...  except that my wife does not want to ride a bike...  but she would however do it on horseback...   150 km and about 5 days... 

Yup one day!
http://www.otagocentralrailtrail.co.nz/

Ryan B.

David, I'm sorry to have missed the party.  It looks like it was an absolute blast, and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves!

Now, whose quads did you send out?  I think I need to supply some road signs.

All the best from Western New York!

Gaston

EEEEEEEEK    I missed it.   I'm so bummed.   :'(   I missed the party.   
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mike3775

Quote from: Badsim on March 13, 2012, 08:46:29 AM

I want the one with 3 purple pills, purple pills are always good  :)

ldvger

David-

I, too, have to apologize for having missed the party, looks like you all had a blast.  I worked 11-3, then came home to play board games with my roomie and his buddy.  It was late when we re-assembled the dining room and, having started a kinship in Lord of the Rings Online, I had "responsibilties" in another game (gasp!, there is another game???) last night.  Reading thru the party posts this evening, tho, several things come to mind.

First, I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my chair when I read the words you put in my mouth (Architect L.D. Vger) on the Grange Hall web page!  That is EXACTLY the type of "architect speak" I so vehemently despise, hahahaha.  The real LDVGER (ahem, that would be *me*) would say something more along the lines of "It's just a cool old building that everyone loves."

Second, I see you will be passing thru Seattle on your outward bound trip and if you think you can get thru MY town without stopping to at least say hi, my friend, you are even more delusional than you think you are.  Beware, tho, I may have my bags packed and try to stowaway in your camper while you aren't looking.  I am a hard-core roadtripper from WAY back. I was 5 years old when my dad decided Detroit sucked and California was paradise, so in February of 1960 packed the pregnant wife and 2 kids into a '56 Plymouth, attached an 8' rail-sided U-haul trailer, filled it with household goods, covered it with a canvas tarp, and headed west.  We drove south to St. Louis,crossed the Mississippi, and it was all Hwy 66 from there on. I haven't had a road trip since I can't even remember.  I'm jonesing big time!  I spent most of '92-'93 in a nearly non-stop roadtrip (an early and protracted mid-life crisis), criss-crossing the USA....unbelievable experience, even if it did cost me my job, my home, and many of my so-called "friends".  I am absolutely green with envy. 

Lastly, I have to add my voice to those of so many others who laud you for the tremendous dedication and passion you have shown in building not only 3RR, but this incredibly dynamic community.  What started out as online-only acquintances have, in many instances, become real life friends via thier interest and involvment in 3RR and SC4.  And while the work you have put into 3RR is by no means trivial, your true accomplishment, in my eyes, is the unique community that has evolved and will, I have no doubt, be sustained by you for as long as you can see a keyboard and type (which we all hope will be many, many years more).

Happy Birthday 3RR, and here's to at least 6 more years!

Lora/L. D. Vger

Silur

Hi, David ...
Happy New 3RR Year  &apls &apls &apls
The party is ended, and questions have begun ...

My apologies, but I did not see it before  :'(    It is ridiculous  :'(
Curved rural roads ...
What you can tell me about it ?
Thank You.
Nick.

jdenm8

They're part of the SAM Wide Curves Set which is included in the Rural Roads Cosmetic Pack.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Silur

Is this - "NAM Rural Roads Plugin" ?

Will12

Oh no! I missed it. Anyway...
(a very belated) Happy Birthday 3RR!
See you all soon.

dedgren

I'm doing some last minute futzing with terrain and rock textures.  The official collaboration quad terrain will be Carl's (Lowkee33) fantastic new Appalachian Terrain Mod [linkie].  While I also like very much Carl's cliff textures, they are too grey and basaltic-looking for the way I imagine the limestones, sandstones and shales that are predominate in 3RR.  So, I've taken David's (Orange_o) great Aubrac Rock [linkie] 256x256 texture, converted it into a seamless 1,024x1,024 HD texture after desaturating the green tones a bit and making the rocks more grey and have come up with this.  David, if you are reading this, it is sometimes easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission- please let me know if you would have any issue with a modified Aubrac Rock being used in collaboration.

Pink SE

Pine Cone NE

Pink SE

Pink SE

Pine Cone NE

Still setting a few things up.  It'll probably be a late night.

Thanks so much to all the folks who posted belated wishes after the birthday party.  No worries- we're glad you could stop by.  I still mean to go back and do some "in-comment" responses, so you might flip back a few pages over the next few days.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

calibanX

Great rock mod. It really has a 3-D quality to it. The Futzing Rock Mod is quite appropriate I would suggest.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Rayden

Do I see my quad above on the pictures David? ;)

EDIT:  I don't know, Silvio.  Have you checked your email lately? -de

Yes, have you sent me anything?  &mmm

dedgren

Heh!  A little hangup.  I'd forgotten I'd done some retexturing of heblem's SAM Set 7 asphalt roads a while (like two years ago) back.

Just a detail- I have to texture a couple of intersections and transitions- you see one of the latter above.  I'll get to these tonight.

Off to a hearing.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Connor

That rock texture sure looks great, as does the work on the asphalt roads. Oh, and of course I'd like to wish 3RR a happy (albeit very belated) 6th birthday - that really is an amazing achievement   &apls

noahclem

The terrain's looking great and I love the work on the rockmod  &apls   The rural version of asphalt streets looks great as well--we have a lot of those around here, narrow highways without paint in the middle. It'd be something I'd love to see whenever I get around to creating a real rural area  :thumbsup:

Jespernilsson

David, I just check in here every now and then to see what's going on, and it seems the collaboration is still happening? Just need some clarification on this.

Jesper

dedgren

Transition.

More later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...