• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DEDWD_RTBusStops

Started by dahemac, February 27, 2011, 08:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahemac

I have installed Deadwoods RT Bus Stops, because they are a dependency for the NAMPMT Bike Paths, and they are also really nice. Unfortunately on my mac I am having the same problem I had with the BLS Rural Station <http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12568.0>. That is, "The rep count for the building exemplar's property Transit Switch Traffic Capacity needs to be 0, not 1." I have no experience using Reader and was very grateful when RippleJet corrected the problem and attached the revised Station in that thread. Even if I knew what I was doing in reader, all the lots for DEDWD_RTBusStops are packed into a single DAT. Any help, or directions to instructions, or corrected files would be greatly appreciated. THX

deadwoods

Hi, and thanks for the positive comment on the lots.

I'm not familiar with this issue relating to the rep count. I haven't touched these lots for many years and wasn't aware there were issues. Is it a MAC-specific issue? Can anyone advise of the fix?
David, aka deadwoods

threestooges

Indeed, there is a Mac specific issue, and since this has come up more than once, it would be useful to show how to fix this, both for you and the others who may encounter the problem in the future.

The Reader is easy to navigate (relatively) once you get used to what you're looking at, and where you're looking for it. It helps to know the basics of how lots, models, and all fit together. There are a few tutorials on the site here that go deeper into that. For now though, the important parts. Lot exemplars are what control the important game-data information for a lot, and this is where you'll find things like Transit Switch Traffic Capacity.

In this case, the file you'll look into is DEDWD_RTBusStop_lots. Open the file in the Reader and, if necessary click the "Fill the List" button and you'll get the following screen. Note the file title in the top left:

There you'll find a number of exemplar files, but click through until you find the one you're looking for (the "Exemplar Name" field on the right will usually give you a clue). Since you're looking for the "roadtop bus stop1 on avenue" this is the one you'll need. You'll see Transit Switch Traffic Capacity at the bottom there.

Double clicking on it will open the following window:

There you'll just have to change the rep from 1 to 0, click apply at the bottom (don't just hit enter, you do actually have to click Apply for it to keep in many instances) and it should make the change, which should be immediate reflected in the main window. The Rep that used to be 1 should now appear as 0. Save the file and you should be good to go. Repeat as needed for any other exemplars.

I know that may have been a bit short, but give it a look and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps.
-Matt

dahemac

I DID EET!  ;D

As it turned out only two of the lots in the DAT needed to have the exemplar property changed. Now all six bus stops work perfectly.

Thanks to deadwoods for the great lots and threestooges for the excellent instructions.

It would probably be helpful to others if you copied and pasted the instructions into the Mac Help or Tutorial sections.

Thanks again!

ScottFTL

Quote from: deadwoods on February 27, 2011, 09:39:26 PM
I'm not familiar with this issue relating to the rep count. I haven't touched these lots for many years and wasn't aware there were issues. Is it a MAC-specific issue? Can anyone advise of the fix?

If you are interested in updating these, they could also use proper Capacities and Transit Switch Entry Costs.  That would make them fully compatible with the latest NAM traffic simulators.

dahemac

@ScottFTL: What should the Capacities and Transit Switch Entry costs be? 17000 seems high. lol
If I change the stats on the lots will the existing lots just update when I reload the game or will then need to be bulldozed and re-plopped?

Lowkee33

17,000 is actually the proper amount.  Z has posted about this Here.  My general understanding is that capacity of a station vs service does not work as intended, a station either works or does not work.  Therefore, if the capacity of an RTMT was reached, the network it is on would simply not work.  This effect is not wanted from a RTMT, so a large capacity is used.  In fact, as long as the capacity is not too low, the capacity does not matter. 

catty

Quote from: dahemac on March 14, 2011, 09:34:45 AM
...If I change the stats on the lots will the existing lots just update when I reload the game or will then need to be bulldozed and re-plopped?

you will need to bulldoze and replop for the changes to take effect

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.