• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Weird CTD problem!

Started by CityDog17, September 15, 2010, 01:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityDog17

Well here's a weird CTD problem.  CTD (crash to desktop) being caused by placing Maxis Car & Passenger Ferry.  This only started happening recently.  Don't believe it started immediately after I added the LEX disk contents to my game folder(s).  Have added a couple other things from LEX online and the other place - STEX! :( - It gets even more weird.  I can place the Ferry any city, on the western bank of water body, just not on the right.  This is happening in a region (Maxis - New York) that I have been playing for a long time.  Haven't tried to find out yet in new region just started (CNUT Challenge). 

Any ideas???

CityDog17  ()what()

Blue Lightning

Redownload the NAM, you probably have the May 2010 version. v29 (Released in August) solved that issue. If you currently have v29, then you probably have a loose pre-v29 controller laying around somewhere.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

CityDog17

Thanks Blue Lightning!  This helped immensely.  Problem solved.  Noticed a couple other things going on that may be caused by same source or something similar.  A little beat from a long work week so will investigate these further over weekend ---  Yayy Weekend!  &apls ()stsfd()

Citydog17

Gui

The same seems to happen to me. What did you finally do? Did you re-installed the NAM?
THNKS

:( Mmmm.. Some answer please?

CityDog17

Sorry about the belated reply, haven't been on for a couple weeks.  Yes, I reloaded the NAM.  That did help the Car & Passenger Ferry program.  The other problems kept cropping up and multiplying, so for that I ended up wiping everything out and completely rebuilding.  ::)