• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New England Colonial BAT Project

Started by kant01, December 17, 2008, 09:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Kant even for a quickie its still darn good!! lol They honestly look good in my opinion!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kant01

Thanks for the comments!

shoreman905 - I appreciate that! I will be sure to let you know. :D

Pat - Thanks so much for the comment!

So I have done some updates. I think the textures are finally getting close to the point where they look natural in the game. First is an update of the Clemence House, which is actually based off of the Clemence Irons House from Rhode Island. It was built in 1691. Wikipedia Link

The next is a revision of my very first BAT which I don't think I posted here. It is the Parson Capen House, built in 1683. Wikipedia Link

Finally, I have just started the basic framework for the Great Friends Meeting House in Newport, Rhode Island. It was built in 1699. Wikipedia Link

I don't have any pictures of the back so I am just guessing. Hopefully I can start texturing soon and adding on the details.

Thanks as always for the feedback!

BigSlark

These are looking great, Kant01. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see your BATs in my cities.

Cheers,
Kevin

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kant01

Thanks for the feedback!

Here are some more developed shots. I have a few more things to tweak on this as well as the night lighting.

Happy New Years!

M4346

Wow! These look really good and I love 'em!  ;D

Let me know if you need a lotter / modder for these beauties! I'd be glad to assist!  ()stsfd()

Looking forward to more, and keep up the great work!

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

SimGoober

Nice looking stuff!  We can always use more small houses.

I would darken that last roof a bit, it looks a little washed out...   ;)
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Pat

Hey Kant I love the new house there... I cant wait to see the lot to go with it...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kant01

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

M4346 - Thanks for the comment and the offer! I really appreciate it ;)
SimGoober - Wow, thank you!! :D Your BATs have been must haves of mine for many years so I am really pleased you like these. I am definitely planning on darkening that roof and I am going to get rid of the big bright spot in the middle as well.
Pat - Thanks so much! ;)

Ok, so here is a quick update on my stone-ender collection. These are all 17th and early 18th century houses from Rhode Island.

The Clemence Irons House:

The Eleazer Arnold House:

The John Tripp House:

And the Thomas Fenner House:

Also, I did a revision of the John Blair House that fixed the textures a bit and also made it wider and scaled it up a tad:

And the Blair House has a detached kitchen building that sits at the back of the lot. I made this as a prop. This is not part of the stone-enders set but I thought I would share:

So that it was what I have so far. I have lotted these and thrown them in the game to check for scale and how they fit in with the other buildings in general. Here is what I've got:

Ok, sorry for the big update and all the pictures. I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have!

Jmouse

You're doing some great work, kant01. I'm pretty new to BATting myself, but I'm nowhere near being up to your speed! Hope you won't mind if I tag along and watch - I really like your style!

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Don't know how I've missed this up until now, but I'm glad I found it. You are doing some amazing work, and this will be an excellent set when it is done. Even as it is, it looks like it makes a fine set now. Your name sounds familiar. Do you go by the same name at other sites? Very fine work.

kant01

Jmouse - Thanks, I appreciate it :D

threestooges - yes, I go by the same name at ST and have for many years, although I have only been active off and on at different times. Thanks so much for the comment; I'm glad you like them :D

My newest addition is an old grist mill built in 1760 in Pennsylvania. I realize that is not really New England, but these old mills can be found all up and down the Eastern sea board and the midwest so I felt like I was justified in including it. :)

Here is my version of the mill - please accept the differences between it and the original:

I have the sign from the building as it currently stands, but it is not really clear when rendered:

And here is the lot I threw together to test it out:

You can see that the ditch piece hangs over on one end of the lot. That is because the ditch props are 16m wide, but the building itself is slightly wider than 16m so there is no way for me to avoid this problem short of making a custom piece using the original ditch model. Of course, I wouldn't mind doing that if SimGoober was willing :D I would like to make a piece without the wall that fit.

In any case, when you add more ditch pieces in game the overhang gets covered up:

And you can see someone fishing:

And finally, here is a shot with some houses and a farm for scale and to see how it fits in general:

Comments? Suggestions? I really appreciate the feedback :D Thanks!

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

threestooges

Once again, well done. I thought your name sounded familiar. Welcome to SC4D. While the sign is clearly on that side of the actual building, it seems strange it would sit back so far from the road without having any identification on the front. However, considering grist mills were somewhat major structures back then it would be pretty obvious what it was, and likely who owned it, without much need for advertising. Looks good, and I'd love to see a night pic too.

Pat

OMG WOW!!! That is all I got to say here Kant wow!!!

jmyers2043

Hello Kant01

These are nice looking bats. And the lots that you made for the above homes are super. The flour mill is a very creative idea. Perhaps it can be made into a reward lot after XXXX number of wheat farms grow?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

c.p.

Wow, these are really fantastic. :thumbsup:  Both the batting and the lotting on all of these are extremely well done.  The overhanging ditch on the mill doesn't look like it will be a problem.  It still fits together nicely with ditch lot next to it.  Offhand, I can't think of any reason why someone wouldn't be continuing the ditch beyond that point.

girlfromverona

Your BATs are absolutely wonderful!! Good job.  :thumbsup:

alan_vzla

Wow, sorry for not posting before... seems like I've missed some good works! That mill is awesome, looks very professional :) . I have only one suggestion, and I hope you don't mind if I write it; in my opinion some of the lots you showcased on the last update were a little saturated for my taste, I suggest you to leave a little bit of more open space.

Anyway... great job and looking forward to more!
Alan

SimGoober

Looking good!  I'll have to check to see if I can find the old model files for those ditches... I am pretty sure I don't though...  &mmm
When life just blows ... Fukitol!