• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I Need Help Figuring out how to use MoonLight's CAN-AM enabled Canals

Started by CahosRahneVeloza, April 04, 2014, 02:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CahosRahneVeloza

I'm talking about the second item from the top of this page:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html

I found the canal bits in the "Parks Menu" and the required "stations" in "Misc. Transport" but I can't find the CAN-AM enabled water pieces.

vortext

I'm not familiar with that particular mod, however, I'd assume the CAN-AM pieces did not move and can be found in the misc transport menu as well, which is where they're on default.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

NCGAIO

Assuming the CAN-AM is being loaded ( using NAM )  since it is not part of the Mod quoted in post your tab ring is as shown ..

"$Deal"$  - To match with Mod the installation of Can-AM must contain the texture of Call not SG.

CahosRahneVeloza

@vortext: The original CAN-AM water lot with the TAB Ring options is there. I guess I misunderstood Moonlight's readme, the translation to English is a bit off obviously.

@NCGAIO: So Moonlight's mod uses CAL's CAN-AM textures then? I really thought he added a separate new CAN~AM water lot item for the game.

vortext

Make sure ML_canal CanAM addon.dat & ML_Canal Props.dat load after the NAM, these contain the overrides. Just tried and had Moonlingt's water on CAN-AM lots.
time flies like a bird

CahosRahneVeloza

@vortext: Oh!   :o

So I guess his mod is a CAN-AM override then? I really though it was an additional new set for CAN-AM.

RFE: Addendum:

OK, I just tried it again and the mod does work albeit there is no re-skin for the Rail Viaduct pieces.

vortext

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on April 04, 2014, 02:51:13 PM
OK, I just tried it again and the mod does work albeit there is no re-skin for the Rail Viaduct pieces.

That's odd, everything worked fine on my end, including the rail pieces.  &Thk/(
time flies like a bird

CahosRahneVeloza

@vortext: My guess is because I use Rivit's replacement rail viaducts skins, not sure though. I'll have to try it again.

RFE: Addendum:

Finished checking the mod again and nope I was wrong, Rivit's Rail viaduct mod wasn't at fault. As it turns out I had to place the entire zzz_ML JPN Canal Lot folder within NAM's Z___NAM Folder for it to take full effect. But I did notice that the CAN-AM edge pieces that gets moonlight's canals lose their ability to take on the sidewalk texture I was using (Paeng's Sandstone) whereas the ones found in the parks menu still do.