• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sneaky Conversions ala NAM

Started by Twyla, May 02, 2011, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twyla

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this (hope this is appropriate)...

Was playing around with different layouts and I happened upon a sneaky little workaround in transitioning between RHW and NWM utilizing the auto-transition capability of the Maxis Highway.

Step 1 :  Drop a NWM transition to the Maxis AVE-4 - TLA-5, MAVE-4, and MAVE-6 are shown below.

Step 2 :  Hook up the AVE-4 Transition to your NWM first.  You have to do it eventually, and 'anchoring' the transition helps prevent nasty surprises.

Step 3 :  This can be somewhat tricky...  Pull out the good ol' MHW, placing the cursor over the AVE-4 loop, then drag over the RHW.  Once the preview turns yellow, you can shorten it back up to the 2x2-tile minimum required by MHW.  Release and VOILA!!

I disconnected the RHW-4 from the TLA-5 transition simply for illustrative purposes.

Not the prettiest of transitions, but 100% functional.  Looks a bit better when you extend the MHW an extra tile or three, but that's purely cosmetic.

ENJOY!

More Sneaky Conversions ala NAM to come - and others are welcome to contribute as well.

<<=]  E D I T !  [=>>

Well, color me stupid...  Just went back to the game and discovered that RHW will transition to AVE-4 *WITHOUT* the MHW go-between.

And it looks a hell of a lot better than this does.